PDA

View Full Version : Roll bar

Dana
12-16-06, 07:52 PM
Jeff,
here are a couple of pics.

Dan

BTW, You can delete this thread after you check the cage pics.

BurnTire
12-17-06, 01:34 AM
So your tabs are on the rear of the cross bar?

Dana
12-17-06, 06:21 AM
So your tabs are on the rear of the cross bar?

Yes, the top of the rear side. The end result is that the strap and the metal end lay on top of the bar because the belt travels in a slight upward direction from the mounting position.

BurnTire
12-17-06, 06:59 PM
This is what they say I need.

Dana
12-17-06, 07:28 PM
This is what they say I need.
Only if you want to keep the connection system you currently have though, right?
You could always go to the tab mounting system, one tab for each belt.
But then you would have to change the belt ends. That too should meet their requirements.
I would do which ever modification causes the least amount of cosmetic damage to the bar.

Guess the tech nazis won this round.

Dan

BurnTire
12-17-06, 07:35 PM
Yes to use the wrap around setup I need guide to prevent the straps from slipping across the bar.

I have this wolf race craft seat bracket that I am not using that would work.

Dana
12-17-06, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure about drilling holes in the bar. I know it can be done, but you may get static from tech about the holes and the possibility that they weakened the tube.
I still think that 2 tabs TIG welded on (or a bar like in your first photo) would be better and be more apt to pass tech.
A good TIG welder could tack those tabs (or bar) on and all you would have to do is put a box around the bar to catch the few stray sparks.
Let it cool and brush on touch up paint.

BurnTire
12-17-06, 09:37 PM
Holes in the bar are not an issue with tech. But I do agree they will weaken the structure. I may just use the bar I have being it is already powder coated and have it TIGed on and be done with it. Then I don't have to pay someone to fab a small bar or tabs.

I'm not sure about drilling holes in the bar. I know it can be done, but you may get static from tech about the holes and the possibility that they weakened the tube.
I still think that 2 tabs TIG welded on (or a bar like in your first photo) would be better and be more apt to pass tech.
A good TIG welder could tack those tabs (or bar) on and all you would have to do is put a box around the bar to catch the few stray sparks.
Let it cool and brush on touch up paint.