PDA

View Full Version : Knocking!!!!

NOEQUAL
12-14-05, 08:06 PM
Guys u have to help me i still have my irs but im not sure thats what the prob is, but my car is knocking everytime i shift gears with the clutch in and when i release it. It sounds liek it might be the backlash in the rear but we have checked that and all systems are go. There is alot of playin the drive shaft, i dotn know if its supposed to be liek that or not? If anyone knows what the prob is or has had that prob please let me know. Thanks!!!

JimBobWay
12-14-05, 08:49 PM
I haven't looked to see if your car is new to you or not but these cars do have a lot of play within the IRS. Most of us have learned over time how to shift without it klunking. I hope that's all it is.

Jim

Dan
12-14-05, 09:23 PM
haha i told you wayne

Gene
12-15-05, 09:17 AM
the clunk comes with the territory. Plan B might be to put a precision u-joint in drive shaft where it meets with the companion flange/pinion flange.

JimBobWay
12-15-05, 02:06 PM
THere is some things you can do to help. There's bushings and a larger size IRS bolt to help reduce that niose

The Nunn's
12-15-05, 03:25 PM
1 gal. of gas and a match would fix it wayne. It would match the front bumper :)

NOEQUAL
12-15-05, 04:18 PM
Yeah thanks alot, i dont think its the way i shift, i guess ill have to ride in another irs car to see if they have the same prob, yeah thanks ernie id tell u the same but burning ur car might actually make it look better, and i figured id see what someone else had to say, u dont know everything dan!!! lol.

50 BMG
12-15-05, 07:09 PM
I have an IRS cobra. The only thing stock on it is the IRS frame and the differential though.

Welcome to ride if you want.

Dan
12-15-05, 07:19 PM
lol

50 BMG
12-15-05, 08:58 PM
lol

Hey, just offering.

Dunno what my IRS has to do with his knocking tranny but just tryin to be nice :P

If I was a dick I'd tell him to call Dave @ SVC :roll:

NOEQUAL
12-15-05, 09:47 PM
Yeah i should give him a call hes the one that had it locked up in the first place, im sure he screwed it up some how. Yeah id be happy to ride whenever u get it off of stands lol.

Gene
12-16-05, 08:55 AM
lol

If I was a dick I'd tell him to call Dave @ SVC :roll:

You dont like dave or svc?

50 BMG
12-16-05, 09:40 AM
Wayne and Dan bought both of Dave's old 03 cobra's, if anyone is gonna talk shit it's them :wink:

The only thing I personally dislike about Dave is he never calls me back, even when I want to take my car down there and do business with them.

Right now I'm pissed off at SVC cause my tune already leaned out in less than 1500 miles since they tuned it. I don't know shit about tuning and no one has tampered with the tune either...but I know enough that my a/f should not be at 13.2 on the DJWBC at 4000 RPM's...

Gene
12-16-05, 11:35 AM
Just a thought, what do you have your sensitivity set on your WBC? That could also be the problem, mines on the slow side too. When i stab it, It gradually climbs down from 14.7 (stoich) to 11.9-12.0 at 5,000-6700 RPM. At 4-5K RPM, its still falling from 13 to 11. Try to set the sensitivity higher and the needle will drop sooner. I confirmed this on a dyno.

50 BMG
12-16-05, 11:46 AM
But I was holding the engine steady @ 4000 RPM's...

Would it still make a difference?

Gene
12-16-05, 11:58 AM
Yes, because your not in open loop (WOT). If you not in open loop, your computer is still reading the O2 sensors and not reading the WOT trims in your tune. Go out and get into wot in 3rd from 3K to redline and see what it does. Gene

matt
12-16-05, 12:00 PM
But I was holding the engine steady @ 4000 RPM's...

Would it still make a difference?
If you are holding a steady RPM you can't be at WOT. In that case you are in closed loop and fuel is cammanded by the o2 sensors and MAF. When you go open loop or wide open throttle then your fuel is commanded by the table setup by your tuner vs MAF. Note with the Wideband Commander use the interface with a PC you will get a more accurate account of what is going on A/F wise that gauge is just eye candy.

M@

matt
12-16-05, 12:01 PM
Yes, because your not in open loop (WOT). If you not in open loop, your computer is still reading the O2 sensors and not reading the WOT trims in your tune. Go out and get into wot in 3rd from 3K to redline and see what it does. Gene
Beat me to it.

Gene
12-16-05, 12:08 PM
Beat me to it.

LOL, atleast there are to solid answers. Go Matt!

50 BMG
12-16-05, 01:42 PM
So do you 2 think me reconnecting the PCV hose in lieu of the breather filter will have an effect?

I'll plug in the WBC shit and do a run this weekend...

And sorry for hijacking your thread Wayne.

NOEQUAL
12-16-05, 05:08 PM
Yeah for real thanks alot, lol

NOEQUAL
12-17-05, 04:50 PM
YAAAAYYY! Finally dan got off his ass and fixed my car lol. Turns out my bushings are def shot, but if u tighten down on them they work just fine! So the next thing in line is a bushing kit and that irs brace. DAN dan hes our man if he cant do it no one can!!!!!! SIKE!!!!! lol

Dan
12-17-05, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the props Wayner

Dan

Venomous Bite
12-17-05, 04:55 PM
Hey what kind of bushing do you need I got some NIB MM Urethane Sub frame bushings for sale. :lol:

Dan
12-17-05, 05:00 PM
he needs the bushings that are at the front of the carrier

50 BMG
12-17-05, 07:11 PM
Which means aaron has the entire IRS bushing kit.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/mmirsu.asp

Dan must be getting sloppy, why doesn't wayne have a solid in that car yet :lol: