PDA

View Full Version : Drag Strip Rental Fall/Winter 2007

BurnTire
12-27-06, 10:49 AM
HPS with other Sponsors will be having an drag strip rental next fall/winter.

I will be putting the details together after the new year.

I need ideas on what you would to do on that day?

We are going to have some classes and make it a laid back race format.

Ok here some questions to start with.

1. Trophies or Cash payouts to winners?

2. Classes of racing?

AZSonicSnake
12-27-06, 11:01 AM
i know cash is normally favorable, but since its just a day for fun and a good time, i say trophys. but if there was a good plan put up for a cash payout, i suppose one could not complain.

as for classes, maybe do a s197 class, sn95 class, fox class. and then break it down by time brackets, like 11.49 and up and then a 11.49 and quicker? if we have enough cars in the class. obviously we want it to be fair and not be putting stock cars up against a fast single digit car like the psr car.

BurnTire
12-27-06, 11:16 AM
I want it to be fun and fair.
We obviously can't pair Dan with You or Me.

ASUSMC
12-27-06, 12:23 PM
I think the different classes would be fun and also some bracket racing for the trophies/cash. Of course I am the slow one of the group so...

BurnTire
12-27-06, 04:20 PM
Some name ideas:

All Ford Desert Showdown
All Ford Desert Invitational
All Ford Desert Challenge

Southwest Ford Showdown
Southwest Ford Invitational
Southwest Ford Challenge

All Ford Winter Showdown
All Ford Winter Invitational
All Ford Winter Challenge

????????????????

AZSonicSnake
12-27-06, 04:22 PM
we want it to be broader than just the club? meaning, mustangs and what not....

BurnTire
12-27-06, 04:24 PM
we want it to be broader than just the club? meaning, mustangs and what not....

Yes an all Ford event.

Shooting for 100-150 cars.

Indy
12-27-06, 04:27 PM
If its going to be a private rental I vote NO front wheel drive cars allowed. That way we wont have to worry about them dragging water down the track.

BurnTire
12-27-06, 04:28 PM
If its going to be a private rental I vote NO front wheel drive cars allowed. That way we wont have to worry about them dragging water down the track.

Rear Wheel Drive Ford Vehicles Only.

BurnTire
12-27-06, 04:30 PM
There is no FFW 2007 in PHX so this will be the big Ford Event.

I will be talking to both Tracks and will have a date and details firmed up in January 07.

Indy
12-27-06, 04:36 PM
Once you have all the info I'll post it on the Mach 1 Reg.

AZSonicSnake
12-27-06, 07:04 PM
No FFW? that blows ass. but i cannot admit i am shocked after the dismal crowd there for this last one. i mean, there was a good crowd with some great people, but honestly, it was like a firday night drag night with a car show.

rwd ford day would be sick though. however i can help, by all means lemme know. :woot2:

BurnTire
12-27-06, 07:52 PM
Well we can have HPS weekend.

Torchmach
12-27-06, 08:15 PM
No FFW? that blows ass. but i cannot admit i am shocked after the dismal crowd there for this last one. i mean, there was a good crowd with some great people, but honestly, it was like a firday night drag night with a car show.

rwd ford day would be sick though. however i can help, by all means lemme know. :woot2:

Who sponsored FFW, and what is the reputation of said Sponsor? I know more that a few people who stayed away for that reason.

AZSonicSnake
12-27-06, 08:27 PM
Who sponsored FFW, and what is the reputation of said Sponsor? I know more that a few people who stayed away for that reason.

yup. i know. no arguement there. but still, its a ford event. and even the guys at psr were there, in full force, to support the ford event. so, i agree with you on the title sponsor but then again, it is a ford event. BUT, lats plan something along the same lines, except with better details. :laughing1:

Jacostang
12-27-06, 10:36 PM
Hey what about the SVT Focus???? All Ford to me means All Ford and I have seen some very fast fwd Focusesesees...And SVT Contours....
:biglaugh:

BurnTire
12-28-06, 08:56 AM
Hey what about the SVT Focus???? All Ford to me means All Ford and I have seen some very fast fwd Focusesesees...And SVT Contours....
:biglaugh:

How many of those do you think would show up?

Jacostang
12-28-06, 09:46 AM
How many of those do you think would show up?
Well we could ask Kristen over at Berge to bring this up at the next SVTOA Meeting and see how many are interested, I know of 3 or 4 Focus guys who said they wanted to race..

BurnTire
12-28-06, 10:42 AM
Well we could ask Kristen over at Berge to bring this up at the next SVTOA Meeting and see how many are interested, I know of 3 or 4 Focus guys who said they wanted to race..

Oh yea talk to the Lady who never got back to us last year about the drag race event.

Jacostang
12-28-06, 01:45 PM
Oh yea talk to the Lady who never got back to us last year about the drag race event.
Yeah I just can't quite figure that out.

ronb0410
12-28-06, 01:52 PM
well that would limit the type of cars that day, and that would not be fair.
WE COULD BLOW OFF THE WATER AFTER THERE LAST RUN. i would like to offer all fords a chance to come an have some fun . i plan on taking my truck and mustang i like to see what the beast(F250) can do with the new tune:highfive: Classes yes 4 or 5 would be cool like 13 to 14, 12 to 13 ,11 to 12 and so on or have a boost class and turbo class and so on

Well keep the ideas comming guys.

BurnTire
12-28-06, 01:56 PM
There is also a possibility that this will be tied in with the copperstate show as 1 event.

Torchmach
12-28-06, 04:00 PM
Who said that we have to put water in the burnout boxes???? Leave them dry, and let the SVT Contour, and Focus owners run with the rest of us!

BurnTire
12-28-06, 04:56 PM
Who said that we have to put water in the burnout boxes???? Leave them dry, and let the SVT Contour, and Focus owners run with the rest of us!

Hey if they go around the water it is fine with me.

Indy
12-28-06, 09:13 PM
Hey if they go around the water it is fine with me.
:iagree: I have nothing against FWD's I've built some quick ones. If they go around the wet box its all good. IMO most people with DR's or slicks will want/need the wet box. If you're running alot of power N/A, boosted, or on the bottle, running after a FWD that drove through the wet box can be alittle hairy sometimes. JMHO

BurnTire
01-10-07, 05:32 PM
This event will not be at Firebird.

AZSonicSnake
01-10-07, 05:57 PM
oh yea? they don't do that?

BurnTire
01-10-07, 06:01 PM
oh yea? they don't do that?

Schedule is Full and now the price is now $7500 for a 9 hour day.

AZSonicSnake
01-10-07, 06:09 PM
ouchie. thats be spendy. so i take it we are talkin to speedworld...:bounce:

BurnTire
01-10-07, 06:19 PM
ouchie. thats be spendy. so i take it we are talkin to speedworld...:bounce:

Yep. I will get something going with Speedwolrd.

Indy
01-11-07, 10:43 PM
Schedule is Full and now the price is now $7500 for a 9 hour day.

They sure are proud of that track, asking alittle much IMO. I kinda like SW alittle better any way.

BurnTire
01-11-07, 10:45 PM
They sure are proud of that track, asking alittle much IMO. I kinda like SW alittle better any way.

Tell me about it. $7500 is nuts.