PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger on my Shelby GT500

JoeT
11-29-11, 05:04 PM
Took me 3 days fighting with the dealership to get the price and payment I wanted, I walked 4 times over 3 days and finally got them to make a deal. It would have been easier to pull my teeth with pliers!
They treat these Shelby's like its the last car they'll ever own. Car had 21 miles when I drove it home. It was absolutely filthy and still is. Peoria Ford is doing construction and this car is full of over spray.
I felt it before I bought it but did require them to clean it since most dealerships cant detail a car. I got most of the dirt off in all sorts of weird places and still need to clay bar the car, Ive found some pretty good scratches
I didn't really notice in the light I was looking at the car, it seemed the car always ended up on the driver side away from the sun. You can see someone tried cleaning the car or California dusting it with dirt on the vehicle. Leaving some swirly scratches in the clear coat.
If someone knows a great detailer that knows a buffing machine well, Id be willing to give them a shout.

Im pretty stoked. The problem for me now is the Mustang chase is over, this will be my last one for awhile. At least for 5 years! Im going to pay this one off before I do anything else.
Every Mustang enthusiast should have the chance to own one of these, the power is amazing, and I'm really digging the Grabber Blue. Big chance from my last 3 gray cars.
This one has the SVT package and the electronics package.

trucker
11-29-11, 05:11 PM
joe glad you found something you finally wanted to keep
now just drive it and enjoy it

BurnTire
11-29-11, 05:20 PM
Very nice. Time for a drag strip break in. :pinkthumb:

05mustangman
11-29-11, 05:28 PM
WOW Joe!!!! Nice!!!! I hope you didnt pay the markup they had on it!

Now time for you to join Team Shelby too! http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/
(http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/)

svtrichie
11-29-11, 06:44 PM
Very nice and great choice in color.

Jacostang
11-29-11, 08:03 PM
Congrats Joe, My three Sons Detail!

BLK03SVT
11-29-11, 08:18 PM
NICE! I hope you paid less than sticker.

Blackmagic1
11-29-11, 09:47 PM
:pepper: Congrats Joe !! I see yer keeping DMV and your insurance agent busy !:biglaugh: You had autos before ,how is to be rowing the gears again ?? Are you going to bring it to the Toys fer Tots show at Berge Sat ?

JoeT
11-29-11, 10:18 PM
Very nice. Time for a drag strip break in. :pinkthumb:
Well Im not a big racer but we'll see how it goes. I am just getting used to shifting again, been a few years since I drove a stick, but the Shelby is very easy its almost like not shifting.

WOW Joe!!!! Nice!!!! I hope you didn't pay the markup they had on it!
Now time for you to join Team Shelby too! http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/
(http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/)
I didn't pay MSRP, but close, but they also gave me retail for my 2010. I'm pretty happy with the payment I have and I freaking love this car. Ford got the exhaust right on this one, they even got rid of the 4x4 look with the Shelby.
Ill definitely be joining Team Shelby. I want to look into getting the dash signed but I hear that takes 5-6 months!

Very nice and great choice in color.
Ive loved Grabber Blue forever. Since the 69-70 years!

Congrats Joe, My three Sons Detail!
Didn't he move to Hawaii?

NICE! I hope you paid less than sticker.
I paid less than sticker but not much. Ford dealers are very proud of these Shelby's. Bell Ford having a 13k markup called Market Value Adjustment is a joke.

JoeT
11-29-11, 10:21 PM
:pepper: Congrats Joe !! I see yer keeping DMV and your insurance agent busy !:biglaugh: You had autos before ,how is to be rowing the gears again ?? Are you going to bring it to the Toys fer Tots show at Berge Sat ?

I'm not sure I can make the Berge show. Actually have a WWM Christmas Party. What time is the Berge show? Id still like to drop a toy for the kids regardless, and taking a freeway cruise could be fun. Suppose to be rain for Thursday-Friday and maybe Saturday. As far as shifting goes the scream of the supercharger makes me forget I'm shifting, so far I'm loving it!

Wades GT
11-30-11, 07:06 AM
Congrats Joe:awsome::awsome: Very cool.

billyboss
11-30-11, 08:09 AM
Congrats Joe, good color choice

silvrsvt
11-30-11, 10:21 AM
badass car!

6-Speed
11-30-11, 03:16 PM
Congrats on the new Shelby! Guess I won't be seeing that car on the lot anymore when I drive by Peoria Ford.

JoeT
11-30-11, 05:39 PM
Congrats on the new Shelby! Guess I won't be seeing that car on the lot anymore when I drive by Peoria Ford.

No but they have a triple black convertible.

Mystic544
11-30-11, 11:48 PM
Nice - was looking at that one the other day ;)
Good to hear that you got your price - dealer mark-up is BS!
the ol' lady was trying to get them to deal on a new Escape...but we couldn't get the payment down enough. Maybe the rebates will bump up some more $ for the year end sale...maybe!

Rick Shopmier
12-01-11, 09:10 AM
Thats sweet Joe! I'm kinda thinking Boss 302, see what is on the ground, wait to 12/31 and see who's gonna deal, last day of year is best day to get a deal, did it with a new Corvette, never could have gotten that deal any other time. Joe, better look out front, if there are tents in your yard, you are being OCCUPIED, rich guy. (Oh yes, made last payment on my 2011 F-150 today, it's all freaking mine.)

JoeT
12-01-11, 10:17 AM
Nice - was looking at that one the other day ;)
Good to hear that you got your price - dealer mark-up is BS!
the ol' lady was trying to get them to deal on a new Escape...but we couldn't get the payment down enough. Maybe the rebates will bump up some more $ for the year end sale...maybe!

If its Peoria Ford just be patient they haven't forgotten you, especially if you were close on the deal, they let you think about it for awhile and then when they need a deal they call you back. Frankly I would never buy another car from Peoria Ford, I wouldn't have bought my Shelby there had it not been the only grabber blue, stripe delete, loaded Shelby in the state. They did nothing but lie from the beginning to the end with me, I swear I truly dont understand why they have to lie so much at dealerships or Stealerships

Thats sweet Joe! I'm kinda thinking Boss 302, see what is on the ground, wait to 12/31 and see who's gonna deal, last day of year is best day to get a deal, did it with a new Corvette, never could have gotten that deal any other time. Joe, better look out front, if there are tents in your yard, you are being OCCUPIED, rich guy. (Oh yes, made last payment on my 2011 F-150 today, it's all freaking mine.)

Thanks Rick.
Um since I'm on the hook for 5 years, you better look down the street Rick, they just heard you paid off your brand spanking new F150, talk about rich guy!?!?!? Congrats on the payoff, I know that's a good feeling. I'm hoping to pay more every month to get mine paid off sooner, which is why I needed a lower payment. At this point I'm freaking loving this car! I haven't detailed this thing to the max yet since I know its suppose to rain over the next few days, and I want to drive it :biglaugh:
Still looking for a good detailer someones used before, and suggestions??

Also Rick Berge Ford has a Boss. If it were me Id be hunting the Laguna Seca only.

Mystic544
12-01-11, 02:57 PM
If its Peoria Ford just be patient they haven't forgotten you, especially if you were close on the deal, they let you think about it for awhile and then when they need a deal they call you back. Frankly I would never buy another car from Peoria Ford, I wouldn't have bought my Shelby there had it not been the only grabber blue, stripe delete, loaded Shelby in the state. They did nothing but lie from the beginning to the end with me, I swear I truly dont understand why they have to lie so much at dealerships or Stealerships

What were they lie about???
Yep, that's it - who was your sales guy?
We have been there maybe three times and Mike has called or texted about a million times. They kind of just dropped it all yesterday around 5pm...odd as it was the last day of the month and all BUT about an hour ago the sales manager called to say they hit our monthly payment target and to come back in...It is on the 4 banger Escape (better mpg) and not the V6 though. Not sure what to do - asking a few more questions and seeing if we can maybe get the bigger/nicer limited rims and pack in some warranty/maint plans.

I hear you on StealerShips! The F-ing Mazda place on Bell had a deal on a new loaded Grand Touring 3 all worked out after going back and fourth for a couple of days. The guy text and verbally stated 2.9% for 72 months at X monthly. We said OK and will be in later in the evening to finish up. Sat around and went through the whole new car walk through, Owner/Pres came out to talk with us and BS, set up the nav and radio and blutooth all waiting for the finance guy to be ready...then we go in and the deal is 4.99% for 84 months at the same monthly payment WTF the GM said they made an error and can't go back to what we were told (written down) etc. I get a little pssd and call them out saying why is that the Customers fault and he calls me an asshole WTF...ARRGH Wasted a good three or four hours over the last few days on that BS :(

BurnTire
12-01-11, 03:33 PM
I enjoy walking out of car dealers. Then I really enjoy when they call a day later and I tell them I have a new car in the garage from their competition.

05mustangman
12-01-11, 04:10 PM
What were they lie about???Yep, that's it - who was your sales guy?We have been there maybe three times and Mike has called or texted about a million times. They kind of just dropped it all yesterday around 5pm...odd as it was the last day of the month and all BUT about an hour ago the sales manager called to say they hit our monthly payment target and to come back in...It is on the 4 banger Escape (better mpg) and not the V6 though. Not sure what to do - asking a few more questions and seeing if we can maybe get the bigger/nicer limited rims and pack in some warranty/maint plans.I hear you on StealerShips! The F-ing Mazda place on Bell had a deal on a new loaded Grand Touring 3 all worked out after going back and fourth for a couple of days. The guy text and verbally stated 2.9% for 72 months at X monthly. We said OK and will be in later in the evening to finish up. Sat around and went through the whole new car walk through, Owner/Pres came out to talk with us and BS, set up the nav and radio and blutooth all waiting for the finance guy to be ready...then we go in and the deal is 4.99% for 84 months at the same monthly payment WTF the GM said they made an error and can't go back to what we were told (written down) etc. I get a little pssd and call them out saying why is that the Customers fault and he calls me an asshole WTF...ARRGH Wasted a good three or four hours over the last few days on that BS :( I had the same experience there. Just went to look at a raptor and mike took my phone number, which I made the mistake of giving it to him. He has texted me a few times and the managers have called me like 5 times to let me know they have a raptor. And Joe your right that they act as if they will never have another gt500 there.

Rick Shopmier
12-01-11, 04:22 PM
I must be an idiot (many may agree) but when I went looking for my F-150, went to Peoria first, drove a Ecoboost and a 5.0 and decided on the V8. Peoria did not have a 4x4 5.0 so left. Needless to say I got the 99 calls treatment from them, remember they did not have the truck. Well I went early to the AZMCC meeting at Power and found the truck I liked, so told them I would come back the next day with my trade and plan PIN, see if we could deal, well after all was said and done these guys kept shooting diff. numbers without putting it on paper....I said "show me the #'s", they kept pushing to sign a blank form with nothing in writing. When I left I said email me the numbers and if OK I will return, never did. So I went to Sanderson, had my truck, sat down, looked at invoice, made a deal, then the salesman said, wait two weeks for the Labor Day Wknd we can get $2500 more for your trade, held my breath that the truck would still be there.....in the end I got the truck with all incentives and plan, my diff. went from 11k to 8k (incl. the finance credit of 1k if made 3 payments). Sent an email to Power that I got my truck at Sanderson, sorry, I can't share the reply. In the end I/you have to be happy driving off the lot, if I/you feel screwed, won't be happy with the car.

cporteraz
12-14-11, 07:38 AM
Congrats on the car!

I have been looking for a couple years for a clean 1970 Shelby GT500 and have looked at over 10 but never pulled the trigger.

Now keep that great car Joe ! Pay it off and enjoy it.

thearchaic1
01-05-12, 08:28 PM
Congrats on the car! I have been looking for a GT500 in WI and whenever one does happen to make it to a dealer they throw a huge markup on it. I hate this state. Settling for modding out the 06' with a 5-speed that I picked up for just over 11k with only summer miles on it.