PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Rick Shopmier
02-03-12, 08:32 PM
Now that the 66 is gone I have searched and found a 12 Boss 302 at Peoria Ford. They have 3 to choose from, found the one I liked and started to deal, trading in my 10 GTI. After 3 days of negotiations we came to the deal I wanted in the first place. I did my research and the GTI and came up with about 18K trade in value, Peoria was only willing to give about 16K at first, but they had a bird in the hand and did not want to loose me. Saw Andy at Chili Bombers and was advised about the shifter issue, so went to drive the Boss. When we tryed to start the car, tranny in neutral and clutch full down, the car would continually crank and not start, then I tried with tranny in 1st and clutch full down, same thing, then back to the first senario, same thing. We got out of the car, opened the hood, like we could see the problem. I suggested we get a tech to look at it, so we tried again with the first senario and it started, off we went for the drive, worked the clutch and shifter agressivly and found no fault, that is good. Came back to the dealership and were about ready to do the paper work, as I walked around the car looking for any problems (should always do that), I found a fist sized soft dent in the right rear quarter, OH SHIT! So I said, if you fix that we are good to go, I will finish the deal then. WELL!!!! The dealer said, take the car and bring it back and it will be fixed..."you fix it first" I said. Take the car and don't worry. I was not born yesterday. So we looked at the other orange Boss and it had a smaller dent in the same location, then we looked at all of the Mustangs and exept for the convertable they all had the same issue in some form. What? A factory installed dent, now that was not on the window sticker. After at least a dozen people looked at it, the GM came out and said "If they all have it we won't fix it." Ok, I thanked them for their effort and left. The question is "should I have taken the car? For those of you that have the later Mustang, if you look at the right rear quarter below the window and discover the dent, I am so sorry.

1966PonyGirl
02-03-12, 08:55 PM
What would ~ I ~ do...

1) Not sold the '66! (sorry...still a lil disappointed. Ill get over it....:sad2:)
2) With the amount of money you are paying for a BRAND spankin' new Boss, I would say fix it or you are gone.
"
Sounds like they do not want to bite the bullet on the dents. Are they really going to let that level of "quality" leave with their dealer name on that car?

05mustangman
02-03-12, 09:08 PM
Rick please do not get it from peoria! Have heard just tooooooo many things about them. You might wanna talk to Joe about his experience. And dents on all their and they won't fix them? What!? Remember, they gotta pay for their new dealership now and are gonna be passing that along to their customers.

05mustangman
02-03-12, 09:44 PM
And also, ours does not have a "factory installed dent."

cyclonewass
02-03-12, 09:50 PM
Rick,
I would RUN the other direction! I have heard nothing but negative about Peoria Ford. My wife and I went in there looking a year ago before the new ownership and were not impressed at all with the way handled things. Personally if I am paying that kind of money for a NEW Mustang, I don't want one that has had body work done to it before I take it off the lot.
Just my 1 1/2 cents worth...

Casey39er
02-03-12, 10:00 PM
I bought five new vehicles from the previous, Sunset Ford over the years and always had a very positive experience with working Charles and the others there. I have been back since the change over to Peoria Ford and it is a very different place indeed. Too bad.

Rick Shopmier
02-04-12, 08:08 AM
I always goto Sanderson first, but no Boss'. Peoria is definitly a strange game when dealing. I main concern is the quality of the Mustang, the starting thing and the dent are an issue. I went thru paint problems on my 08 Bullitt, Sanderson fixed it perfectly, just a pain it butt. I look now to the Golf R and the Focus ST. I am still passionate about the Mustang after owning 10 over the last 30 odd years. Great memories:veryhappy:.

Jacostang
02-04-12, 10:03 AM
Our 11 Mustang has no factory dent, they must have something crazy over there.....

brentsSVT
02-04-12, 10:59 AM
I think you did the right thing and walked away. Sounds like that may have been the beginning to a long line of issues with them.

azspeed
02-04-12, 04:42 PM
I think both you and the dealer missed an opportunity.

A. You are a senior member of an influential website devoted to Fords.
B. If the dealer had known that, perhaps you would have been treated better.

If you don't believe in what I just said, ask yourself this question...anybody feel like buying a car from Peoria Ford after your review?

P.S. Since the Boss is a new and hot item, this may not work, but you could ask your favorite dealer to do a dealer trade.

JoeT
02-04-12, 04:57 PM
Rick there was no dent in my Shelby. It was however covered in overspray that they wouldn't remove because they said there was no money left in the deal. Peoria Ford is the worst dealership Ive ever been to. Had my car not been the only grabber blue stripe delete Shelby in Az. I would have walked. Sorry your having such a hard time be patient you'll find what your looking for.

05mustangman
02-04-12, 08:53 PM
Well I don't think Rick missed out on a deal because there seems to be plenty of bosses available around the country. If you can't find what you want here in az don't be afraid to go out of state. The stealership may have missed out in selling a vehicle but someone else will eventually come in and buy it. Haven't heard if they still have markups on their bosses but I really hope people realize they are just ripping off their customers with markups.

Rick Shopmier
02-05-12, 08:31 AM
Went back and looked at the car again last night. In the sun set light it looks more like a ripple in the sheet metal. Looked at the cars at 83rd and not one had the ripple. Peoria is anxious the sell the car knowing the 13 is nearly here. As I look back at the deal, me thinks at year end, 3 in stock and a GTI as trade, I could have done better. I think these guys have the attitude that you want the car so bad you will cave......my brain says wait for the 13 and get what you want. You know, and they do too that when that first 13 lands the 12 are yesterdays news and about $ 3-5k less. Since no one knows the new prices, it seems that Ford won't go up too much, and even then the new car is going to have new electronics, sync, hid headlights and the trac apps display standard. I appears now that their is no long wait to order, I'll wait, I think. Know this, PEORIA is OUT!

Blackmagic1
02-05-12, 08:51 AM
Good logical choice Rick. Plus in my opinion the '13 looks better,especially with the functional hood. :thumbsup:

JoeT
02-05-12, 12:39 PM
I'm with Rick on this one. I suggest anyone that reads this, boycott Peoria Ford. They think that there dirty lying practices don't make it around the Ford Communities? This little message from me and Rick shows it does. Although I bought my Shelby at Peoria Ford, I absolutely would not EVER consider them again in the future for any Ford purchase. They had the only color I wanted with the options I wanted, so I sucked it up a little to get what I wanted. Honestly, Peoria Ford is probably the worst STEALERSHIP Ive ever seen, they are also a Van Tuyl store, so they are trained to be thieves, lie lie lie! My Ford Survey reflected my experience with them as well as the General Managers survey (as if that really matters). They wont get my future business nor will they get any of my service business, and they even gave me 2 free oil changes which Ill never use.

Ive bought plenty of cars as most of you know and never have I been treated so poorly. In my opinion you must do your research on the vehicle you want to buy a lot online before going to the dealerships, know what the prices are that people are paying, know what value your trade has and even try to get your own financing prior to going into the dealership. Usually if your credit is good enough to buy a new car from the dealerships lending sources, you can get financing at your banking institution at lower rates and better terms. Car dealers pray on your "Gotta Have It Now" emotions. Be willing to walk away, in my case I walked from Peoria Ford 4 times, it took me 3 days to buy a car from them. It seemed once they knew I was not going to buy on emotion they gave me more of what I wanted. All this is just my opinion. Your in better negotiation terms if you walk once you know all the numbers and go home and let it sink in a little. Read online some more and then your in control of the dealerships and your hard earned money!

Rick Shopmier
02-05-12, 04:40 PM
Sure it took a while to get the deal, disappointing as it is I would have liked to have the their BOSS. I know they are anxious to sell the car in this situation, but the customer/me makes the ultimate decision and did not feel comfortable with the dent thing. I know any thing can be fixed, insistance to take the car and come back, then the refusal to do anything at all would have really pissed me off. Dealing with Peoria is not the worst car buying experience I have and learned alot then and used it now. All I say is if you want a car from Peoria, use caution and be sure all is right before you sign and drive. I am glad I did what I did, will have to wait but will get the exact car, at the right price, from people I know (Sanderson supports the local community), and if I have to pay a little more.....it goes to someone I like. And for the record, I was never lied to, also the experience at Power was not too great either. I think there is an attitude at some dealers that car buyers are idiots, that is probably born out in the news about people who sign mortgages they can't afford to pay. Time to move on.

JoeT
02-05-12, 06:28 PM
The great thing about opinions is everyone has them. I stand by what I say Peoria Ford is sneaky and they treat people poorly. On the other hand Power Ford took 10k off msrp for me. Ive never dealt with Sanderson outside of parts. So enuff said about this.

Well we were at Bell Ford today thought Id post a few photos for you Rick.

trucker
02-05-12, 09:38 PM
Rick I would have done exactly what you did and walk you are the buyer and don't need to put up with
that kind of shit like they say there is a ass for every seat but fortunitly not your ass
once it leaves the dealership you are at there mercy

Wharf Rat
02-05-12, 10:54 PM
It's a hell of a lot of money. Don't shit until you find exactly what you want.

If you buy that car and the dent bothers you, you'll look at it every time you drive it and that dent will chap your ass just a little every time you see it.

Rick Shopmier
02-07-12, 11:59 AM
Just got the 2013 Boss prices. Hope you are sitting down, I am. Base price jumps $ 1910.00 to from $40310 to $ 42210. I know there is added content, but will it be worth it. Looks like the Boss market is saturated with the 12's sitting around, still I don't think I want one. Waiting for the GT prices, will decide if I want to build a car, still looking at other options (no Jap stuff). Was thinking Golf R, seems pricy, may buy another classic Mustang and do the Coyote treatment. What do you think?

JoeT
02-07-12, 03:32 PM
Id buy a 2013 Shelby, go for the 650 HP. Will be pricey though since they are 65k. Or wait until all the current Shelby owners dump there 11-12s and get one a lot cheaper than sticker.
I know you like to pay cash, so frankly if your going to get something classic you should have kept the GT350!

I also don't think Id get a Boss unless it was the Laguna Seca, but I don't know nothing.

BurnTire
02-07-12, 11:41 PM
I would wait and see what 2014 has to bring.

05mustangman
02-08-12, 12:03 AM
Plus the 2014 will be the last of the retro mustangs before the redesign.

BurnTire
02-10-12, 06:54 PM
Plus the 2014 will be the last of the retro mustangs before the redesign. I thought the 2014 was the new design?

05mustangman
02-10-12, 10:11 PM
It might be coming in 2014 but will be a 2015 model. Ford says the unveiling will be at the 50th party in 2014.

Jacostang
02-10-12, 10:18 PM
He He another possible 2015 Mustang!!! I would have to have one!

BurnTire
02-10-12, 10:56 PM
I like that one.

05mustangman
02-11-12, 12:50 AM
Kinda looks a little familiar. lol

http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x408FFFFFFF/Car/Audi/Audi-321212523238361600x1060.jpg