PDA

View Full Version : Shock/strut recommendation

scooter3
02-16-12, 06:36 PM
Now that I have had the H&R springs on the car a while it is time to upgrade to new struts and shocks. The car bottoms out really bad and does not handle to well at this point. Trying to stay budget minded, but of course you get what you pay for. Have looked at Tokico, KYB and Bilstein. Not really looking for adjustable shocks, just something that will compliment the springs and offer better handling then the stockers.

brentsSVT
02-16-12, 07:33 PM
Maximum Motorsports sells a rebuilt and valved strut. I think its a bilstien and they set it for the type of driving you do. Stiff or soft etc. I think that may be the best budget solution. Its what I'm gonna do aswell with my h&r's

4Jenna
02-17-12, 09:53 AM
Those are nice, I went with the reg Bilstiens on my wifes Coupe with H&R springs. H&R recc's bilstiens with their springs

SloSVO
02-18-12, 10:16 PM
Bilstien

scooter3
02-18-12, 10:31 PM
Bilstien

Yep, was checking out a set down at the shop. Might pull the trigger on these next week.

Scott GT/CS
02-20-12, 05:12 PM
Not sure why you are ruling out adjustable struts and shocks? I went with Tokico D-Specs and I appreciate the flexibility they provide in tuning the ride.

scooter3
02-20-12, 05:30 PM
Not sure why you are ruling out adjustable struts and shocks? I went with Tokico D-Specs and I appreciate the flexibility they provide in tuning the ride.

I try not to rule out anything, but one thing I do is really research something before I buy. Sometime over research which keeps me from buying anything. LOL! I have looked at all the brands. Koni, Tokico, KYB, Bilstein....... adjustable and non adjustable. After all of this and reveiws Bilstein still comes up as the best. Not to say that the others are any good. The Bilsteins are a bit more expensive, but it goes back to you get what you pay for.

Thanks for all the comments.

El Jefe
02-22-12, 02:30 PM
Bilstein will revalve their shocks/struts for $45/each and they will set it up to your lowered specs

I am going with Lakewood 70/30s just from the reviews Ive read