PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Fords Forever! Sunday, April 22, 2012

JoeT
02-23-12, 10:24 AM
I wanted to see if anyone here has plans to go to this event?
I would like to go. I went in 2008 and it was a great time, with an unbelievable amount of Fords. Definitely the largest Ford only car show Ive ever been to.

So who's going??

One photos of the event the other photo is our caravan of cars that went to Cali. We owned the road and stopped traffic every where.

03cobrazzz
02-23-12, 03:17 PM
I wanted to see if anyone here has plans to go to this event?
I would like to go. I went in 2008 and it was a great time, with an unbelievable amount of Fords. Definitely the largest Ford only car show Ive ever been to.

So who's going??

One photos of the event the other photo is our caravan of cars that went to Cali. We owned the road and stopped traffic every where.

I still want to:laufhing:

svtrichie
02-23-12, 07:48 PM
I would like to go but if we do so it will be in the family truckster(santa fe).

Rick Shopmier
03-18-12, 09:42 AM
Is any one going to FAB Fords, leaving on Friday am and returning Sunday pm. I know some are going Sat am, makes no sence to me to drive all that way (fuel prices as they are) and stay for such a short time (figure a 6 tp 7 hr drive each way). There are some great things going on Sat like Cars & Coffee in Irvine and Petersen has redone the upper level of the museum and possibly another tour of SMS. How about a cold brew at one of the beaches? I also looked on SOCAL Car Events site and there are a bunch of cruises on Fri and Sat nites.

03cobrazzz
03-18-12, 09:48 AM
Is any one going to FAB Fords, leaving on Friday am and returning Sunday pm. I know some are going Sat am, makes no sence to me to drive all that way (fuel prices as they are) and stay for such a short time (figure a 6 tp 7 hr drive each way). There are some great things going on Sat like Cars & Coffee in Irvine and Petersen has redone the upper level of the museum and possibly another tour of SMS. How about a cold brew at one of the beaches? I also looked on SOCAL Car Events site and there are a bunch of cruises on Fri and Sat nites.
ya know there is people they need to work and an extra hotel stay is not in the buget and when you go sat you still get there early to get to a cruisein and stop by at sms

Rick Shopmier
03-18-12, 10:48 AM
I understand the part about work, but don't understand dumping money into a car and cannot afford a nite in a hotel, even if sharing a room, must be priorities. SOCAL has so much going on and a road trip is a great time. Come on, any body going Friday?

JoeT
03-18-12, 11:07 AM
People spend money on what they want. For most an extra nite in hotel is a waste of money. If we leave Saturday by 530-6 we will be there by 1-2. So that leaves the rest of the day to do whatever. You also cant check into the hotels usually until 4. The people I'm going with including myself are not putting cars in the show. So we'll have the rest of Saturday to go to a cruisin or whatever and we will have all day Sunday to go to the show for a few hours and then do some other things before having to leave Cali on Sunday night. I would probably go on Friday myself, but some of these guys cant get off work or have to work until 6-7. My feelings are if I want to go in a caravan I have to do what works for the majority.

My problem with being gone to long is I have 2 BIG dogs that I cant take with me, and is a pain for my sister in law that has to come over here to help me out.

Currently going:
Myself - going
John and Shannon V. - going
Andy S. - going
Marine John - going
Wade - going
Jim - Silver and red striped Shelby said he was last night
Roger - maybe he is.
Luke - still not 100%

There are a few going that I dont know the names of. So we are figuring 8-10 cars at least.

Rick Shopmier
03-21-12, 10:50 AM
Still looking to see if anyone is going on Friday am and returning Sunday pm. I have checked on room rates in the area and found the range from $200/night at Raddisson a block from Knotts to the Motel 6 at $60/night about 3 miles away, many other places inbetween. The drive from PHX to Buena Park is about 380 miles each way and with going to some of the other places like Cars & Coffee, SMS, Petersen Museum of the Cruise nites plus there is a big Ford swap meet that weekend add another 150 or so miles, check SOCAL car culture site for more on this. Cannot estimate the cost of fuel but think in the high $4 for regular and low $5 for premium. Any how depending on your fuel mileage round trip cost should be in the $250 to $ 300 range. Check www.gasbuddy.com (http://www.gasbuddy.com) for fuel prices, these guys were on Nightline last night and are perty accurate on prices. If people buddy up like Rich and I are, cut cost in half. Also Enterprise rents cheap on weekends if you don't have 4 doors.

05mustangman
03-21-12, 03:23 PM
That same weekend is the Ford Cobra Shelby Reunion at the NHRA museum in Pomona. That would something cool to check out too. A lot of original Cobras going to be showing up and 2 King Cobra's are supposed to be there as well.