PDA

View Full Version : 3/24/2012 Car Guy BBQ and Car Meet

PapaVolume
03-01-12, 03:01 PM
What: Car meet/BBQ
When: March 24, 2012 6:00pm - late
Who: Anyone and everyone!
Where: 600 E Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ

The time has come again to host another BBQ/car meet down here at the shop. We have held off on having them for the past few months due to clean up and set up efforts down here on the lot, if you have been to the past BBQ's then you understand what I mean. But things are coming along nicely and we are ready to hold another BBQ and meet. Everyone is welcome to start rolling in at 6pm or later. We will start grilling up some food around 7pm. This is not a sponsored party so we are going to supply some food and drinks but everyone is welcome to BYOB or BYOF if you wanted anything in particular, we can slap it on the grill for ya. There will be music and plenty of space for people to park inside the gated area and chat about their cars. As some people may have mentioned, it gets pretty crazy when the lot empties out later at night! Hope we get to see everyone out!

I have posted this map to eliminate some confusion about our location and also about what entrance to use for all the lowered vehicles so you dont have to try to get in through the steep entrances. Keep in mind this picture was before we moved in, but the location is obviously still the same.

I have noticed we usually have limited attendance due to the Scottsdale Pavilion meet so we considered doing this on a Friday but none of us want to have to come in to work the next day, so this will remain a Saturday event.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd412/CarGuyChandler/ShopMap.jpg

PapaVolume
03-10-12, 07:40 PM
2 weeks to go!

PapaVolume
03-14-12, 04:09 PM
I hope some local guys make it out!!

suicidekings
03-15-12, 11:55 PM
I will be out there. Check your facebook! I need a quote on coolant flush!!!

PapaVolume
03-19-12, 10:29 AM
Coming up soon!

I think I pass you on my way to and from work sometimes....but maybe not. Certainly looks like your car though.

4Jenna
03-19-12, 02:16 PM
I will be at the Wild West show during the day, but I am going to try and make it out afterwards!

-Chris

suicidekings
03-19-12, 06:26 PM
Coming up soon!

I think I pass you on my way to and from work sometimes....but maybe not. Certainly looks like your car though.

In the AM Im heading west on Elliot, I think ive seen you a few times.

PapaVolume
03-20-12, 09:38 AM
Yupp definitely you then, I head down Elliot to pick up one of my coworkers sometimes. And then also on your way home sometimes I see you heading south down Arizona. Your car definitely looks great!

suicidekings
03-20-12, 12:58 PM
Yupp definitely you then, I head down Elliot to pick up one of my coworkers sometimes. And then also on your way home sometimes I see you heading south down Arizona. Your car definitely looks great!

Yeah, I have seen you on both Elliot and Az ave. Thanks for the compliment, I will swing by a little before 6 and we can talk about the coolant flush and if you want I can show you where that probe goes into the block for the temp gauge. I should have the gauged all plumbed up and installed just need to put that sensor in once the block is empty of all coolant.

Hope to meet more mustang guys out there too!

PapaVolume
03-20-12, 01:12 PM
Yeah thats fine, Gene will be here most of the day. We will be closed all day Saturday to prep. We can also talk about during the BBQ if you didnt want to come by earlier.

trucker
03-21-12, 09:24 PM
this looks like a fun event if I'm not to crispy fried from doing our supr ford show
and you made it late enuff for me to come now is that downtown chandler I'll be
coming from 60ty down arizona or is there a better way like what are the closest
cross streets ????

suicidekings
03-21-12, 11:44 PM
Yes, its just east of downtown chandler. nearest cross streets would be chandler blvd and Arizona ave. where at along the 60 you coming from?

trucker
03-22-12, 01:25 AM
I would be coming from the west side of town so I-10 202 60 south on arizona ave and then which way on chandler left or right ?

suicidekings
03-22-12, 01:32 AM
From heading south on AZ ave you turn left (east) on chandler blvd. You will go over some train tracks then your first light you approach will be Hamilton. They are that building on the NE corner. If you are low you can hang a left on hamilton and enter through the rear entrance because the front drive is kinda steep but I have made it by going at a good angle and I am pretty darn low. If you hit McQueen you went too far on chandler blvd.

PapaVolume
03-22-12, 09:32 AM
Cant wait, looks like its going to be a great turnout!!!!

PapaVolume
03-23-12, 06:47 PM
24 hours away!

trucker
03-24-12, 10:46 PM
to all the mustang guys that missed this BBQ the food was great the people were very nice and the shop is excelent
you just don't know what you missed Thank You for a very nice time even if my ass was dragin

PapaVolume
03-25-12, 06:51 PM
Glad you made it out and had a good time! We look forward to having another event in a month or 2.

suicidekings
03-25-12, 06:53 PM
Almost need to have nametags with our forum names lol. I recognize the cars and forum handles but not faces lol.

cyclonewass
03-25-12, 08:28 PM
It sounds like I missed another good get together. Wasn't feeling well enough this weekend to do much, but made myself put the new wheels on yesterday.
Please post again when you have another get together, I'd love to join in!

4Jenna
03-25-12, 08:50 PM
After 2 shows and missing one, I was beat. I tappd out.

Next time!