PDA

View Full Version : Mustang 50th Anneversary

Rick Shopmier
04-20-12, 08:47 AM
From the Ford Racing site, the 50th has been revealed.

April 16 to 20, 2014

West is Las Vegas Motor Speedway
East is Charlotte Motor Speedway

MCA will be the events host along with FMC.

All Mustangs will be welcome, no MCA membership is required.

More details are comming from MCA and Ford.

Jacostang
04-20-12, 10:17 PM
Yup they announced 2 shows and Sam Haymart says he is not doing the Mustangs Across America due to the duel shows... So you know what that means, WE NEED TO DO IT!!!! I am going to contact Jon Shultz( Beach Cities Mustang Club) and see about meeting up with the SoCal Mustangs in Kingman and cruising into Sin City together!!!! T shirts are a must for this cruise along with dash plaques etc etc.... I know its 2 years away but we need to start now so Going to sticky this thread an keep updating as we go!! ANY IDEAS YOU CAN COME UP WITH WILL BE APPRECIATED!!:yes:

05mustangman
04-20-12, 10:54 PM
Oh now thats a great idea Dave! This is gonna be a great event!

Rick Shopmier
04-20-12, 10:58 PM
:wosautos118:This is the big 50! We need to throw a bigger and better party than the GSA:busted:, and show those wimps at the Secret Service:sissyfight: that what happens in Vegas goes viral!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to let MCA be wowd by the MUSTANGS from ARIZONA when we hit town, this is big baby. Time to OCCUPY VEGAS. Do I have you excited yet?
:jump:

05mustangman
04-21-12, 12:33 AM
Also need to make sure that our club banner makes it up there as well.

Jacostang
04-23-12, 08:54 PM
Just playin around,the car might change between now and then......

JoeT
04-24-12, 09:11 PM
Im in.

Rick Shopmier
06-13-12, 10:05 AM
Read in Mustang Monthly that besides the MCA events in April (will have Ford corporate support), Ford possibly will have a 50th event in Detroit July 4th. In all the talk, Ford still does not say when they will reveal the '15.

Mystic544
06-13-12, 09:47 PM
I'm IN ... and Nice image (might have to take for a FB post)

Rick Shopmier
06-25-13, 08:12 AM
It's time to start a conversation about the 50th. I will be there! So with that said here is the site for info, www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com (http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com) they cover a lot of the event (some details are yet to come). We do not need to discuss MCAs involvment with the event, just face it, who else could pull it off. It is interesting that the Shelby guys in my club are going to Charlotte, go figure. Road trips are a great part of the experience as long a they are not over planned. Now that the Roundup has passed, I am focused on the 50th. Let' start talking!

JoeT
06-25-13, 12:46 PM
MCA gives update on Mustang’s 50th anniversary celebration
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2013/06/24/mca-gives-update-on-mustangs-50th-anniversary-celebration/