PDA

View Full Version : Spending money on mods without letting the wife know.

Gene
12-19-05, 03:24 PM
Who's guilty LOL! I just bought a nice Dyno tune adjustable bottle heater and a couple different nasty jets.

trojan
12-19-05, 03:27 PM
LOL nice..
no wife yet so no worry here..

Gene
12-19-05, 03:54 PM
I envy you!

bluepony
12-19-05, 04:07 PM
I'm getting an intercooler she doesn't know about yet. :shock:

Gene
12-19-05, 04:44 PM
Good for you. I bet I don't know about over 90% of the shit she buys. Granted they dont cost as much, but they sure as hell are more frequent.

50 BMG
12-19-05, 04:44 PM
I just tell her I spend half of what I really spend. She never has asked once about what I spend, but I tell her about some of the things I buy just so she is "included" (i.e. emotional bullshit).

I never really tell her anywhere near what it is so she can't keep bullets in her back pocket for later. Not that she could, I spent more on Jewelry for her this year than I have on my car.

I guess it's just a different way of lying..

EDIT: Hey Gene, since you're buying parts are you still sellin the car?

bluepony
12-19-05, 04:49 PM
I actually can't complain about my wife, she's pretty good about understanding that this is my hobby. Besides, as I found last summer, blown cars in AZ need intercoolers.

Gene
12-19-05, 04:55 PM
I dont know man, I sure would miss the crowd we were hanging out with yesterday. After seeing all the bad ass cobras, it will be hard to part with it. I know if I sold it, I'd regret it and probably end up buying another with more money out of pocket. So no, I'll keep it. If i sold it, Dan would have all the fun. There's no way in hell I'm letting him think that he has the fastest supercharged cobra in AZ :lol:

Dan
12-19-05, 05:12 PM
I dont know man, I sure would miss the crowd we were hanging out with yesterday. After seeing all the bad ass cobras, it will be hard to part with it. I know if I sold it, I'd regret it and probably end up buying another with more money out of pocket. So no, I'll keep it. If i sold it, Dan would have all the fun. There's no way in hell I'm letting him think that he has the fastest supercharged cobra in AZ :lol:

hahaha Hey wait till you see it on good gas and a 100 shot. Its ok Gene I wouldnt want you to sell your car. I always need some one to troll around with. atlease you will have a new found respect for the all mighty stock eaton lol

Gene
12-19-05, 05:22 PM
Dan, I respect everyones car. Your car no doubt moves. I was impressed. I think it has something to do with the Dr. Gas X-pipe. I need one, hook it up! Next time, 3 honks, full bottles, no passengers that weigh over 3 hundo (sorry Ethan LOL!) and the wiener buys the loser a beer out of pity.

Ethan@S3M
12-19-05, 05:26 PM
Hey I wiegh 290 bioch!

trojan
12-19-05, 06:01 PM
I envy you!

you may evny but it dose no good when you dont have the money.. lol
hell look at me im driving dans cobra lol mine is sitting on jack stands with no engine.. soon it will be back on the road soon.. then i can still watch you guy blow me out of the water.. but not as much

50 BMG
12-19-05, 06:37 PM

We all have fun, even when guys like Wayne and myself break retarded ass shit...

Speaking of which, what happened after I left the point yesterday?

Kinda feel cheated about yesterday, I wanted to roll race other people on 91 octane... blower vs. blower...to put my 91 octane tune to the test. Thing is, I think only wayne, kyle and I aren't on the sauce :?: Too many damn double power adder cars in the group :lol:

Gene
12-19-05, 06:48 PM
well, if it makes you feel any better my bottle was empty after setting up my bottle warmer. I would purge so I could set the bottle pressure/temp sensor and I wasted it all. I was on my nitrous tune. 18* total timing on a fat 10.1 A/F off the sauce, 11.4 with.

Venomous Bite
12-19-05, 08:15 PM
I am not married, so I don't have any problems. :lol:

Radeon
12-19-05, 08:30 PM
Im glad your keeping your car Gene. I would really liked to have had your car, but part of the whole fun of owning a cobra would be in modifying it. Now if I can only find a stock one with low miles....

50 BMG
12-19-05, 08:48 PM
Gene's car would have been a good buy, one of the VERY FEW modded cars I would have bought after all the stuff I've seen him posting on at MF.com

It's cheaper to buy a modded out car but 9/10 times their beat to shit.

Gene
12-19-05, 08:54 PM
Gene's car would have been a good buy, one of the VERY FEW modded cars I would have bought after all the stuff I've seen him posting on at MF.com

It's cheaper to buy a modded out car but 9/10 times their beat to shit.

Wanna trade LOL? Good luck on finding a low mileage stock car ryan. It's kind of hard not to touch these things though, to tempting to add another 100 HP.

Screamn03
12-19-05, 09:21 PM
Ryan, someone out there has to have a low milage waiting for you, might have to road trip a little to get it though. I see people posting on MF all the time that have like less than 5K on them, but yet those are the cars hard to find for sale because thoses owners down't need the money, good luck with it all and I'm sure it'll work out for the best in the end.

I'm not married, free man. Dunno if that's a good thing or not. I guess once I'm hitched I'll find out. No one keeps me in check about spending money on the car except for myself, which could also be either good or bad. Something tells me that although they might be a PITA every now and then you wouldn't trade it for the world.

Dan
12-19-05, 09:32 PM
I have a red fire one with 500 miles on it never touched