PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix Arizona!

Chris B.
01-11-07, 03:37 PM
It looks like it's really going to happen! Dates are set for Nov 30 thru Dec 2 of this year. I'm trying to get some more info on this and see if possibly Copperstate Mustang Club could possibly get involved somehow!! :yes:

Jacostang
01-11-07, 03:42 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot1:
Check with Hank and he will talk to his contact at Ford and maybe we can do some displays or help out inside the course!!!!!! That would be really cool. I have been waiting for CART to come back!!!!!!

Chris B.
01-11-07, 04:03 PM
In case anyone is interested here is their official website
http://www.grandprixarizona.com/home.php

Jacostang
01-11-07, 04:06 PM
Go get them Chris!! we would really want to be a part of thsi big Ford Event!!! We could help them with alot of stuff!!!!

Torchmach
01-11-07, 05:05 PM
Great !!!!! I have been a big fan of this series, from way, way back. Use to go to the Races at Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Portland. And it has been making a comeback the past 2 years.

Ford Supplys the Series Spec Motor, we may have a way into the infield.

Torchmach
01-11-07, 05:08 PM
Go get them Chris!! we would really want to be a part of thsi big Ford Event!!! We could help them with alot of stuff!!!!

And we can help ourselfs to a lot of their Stuff:biglaugh: . Tell Dan P to keep his calander clear those dates!

Chris B.
01-11-07, 05:29 PM
I sent an e-mail to the contact they are showing on their website. I have the contact numbers too, I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to see what the club may be able to do. Let's keep our fingers crossed!! I think this would be way cool!!!!!!

:biglaugh:

HIKER
01-11-07, 10:02 PM
They better get there asses in gear and get all that construction done downtown or it will be a major mess..

Jacostang
01-11-07, 11:21 PM
Yeah, lets hope that Phoenix doesn't blow it like they did F1!!! If they had only handled things differently????

Torchmach
01-12-07, 02:44 PM
Yeah, lets hope that Phoenix doesn't blow it like they did F1!!! If they had only handled things differently????

The F-1 people got greedy, and wanted more money than the Promoters were making off of the Race. Phoenix was not the right market for F-1 anyway. It was cool though, I could sit in my Grandma's yard, and listen to the Cars a mile away.

Trick Pony
01-25-07, 05:23 PM
I heard today that Ford has dropped it's sponsorship of CART. The excuse used is that many venues were selling sponsorship to other brands so Ford couldn't even get a pace car on the track.

BurnTire
01-25-07, 05:24 PM
Ford is out of money.

Trick Pony
01-25-07, 05:35 PM
Ford is out of money.

I think that is the bottom line. CART without a major TV contract was not providing enought return on investment and Ford can't afford to not get a big return on ad dollars. Jack Rousch says that a Ford increase in NASCAR team support is in the approval process now to keep up with Toyota.

AZSonicSnake
01-25-07, 05:41 PM
can't blame them there. not one bit. since indycars have split, allmost no one cares about them anymore...just look in the stands...

Jacostang
01-25-07, 08:34 PM
can't blame them there. not one bit. since indycars have split, allmost no one cares about them anymore...just look in the stands...
Just a cryin shame!!!!:sad-smiley-047:

Trick Pony
01-26-07, 07:20 AM
Just a cryin shame!!!!:sad-smiley-047:

It truly is! I grew up in Indiana with my heroes being Bill Vukovich, Jimmy Bryan, and Sam Hanks. I was at Indy for AJ and Mario's rookie qualifying. The Indy 500 was truly "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing". Thanks to a few ego maniacs and a lot of childish pride, the Indy 500 has been reduced to not much more than just another race with most of the drivers being relatively unknown.:gloomy:

AZSonicSnake
01-26-07, 09:16 AM
Thanks to a few ego maniacs and a lot of childish pride, the Indy 500 has been reduced to not much more than just another race with most of the drivers being relatively unknown.:gloomy:

think that sums it up right there. its such a shame too. i use to get so excited about the 500 every year. now, if i catch the green flag, thats it. i use to love watching the likes of emerson fitipaldi, and the unser jr go at it. nothing like the good ol days.

Jacostang
01-27-07, 06:14 PM
Well I guess Ford just ponied up a whole bunch of money in NASCAR. Jack Roush just laid the battles lines down slamming Toyota and how many people need to support American Cars.. Sooo That is maybe why they pulled the ticket on CART and moved monies to NASCAR. Just wondering but it fits!!!