PDA

View Full Version : Skinnies

BurnTire
01-14-07, 04:34 PM
I am looking to get a pair of skinnies. Any rim / tire suggestions?

Ethan@S3M
01-14-07, 08:02 PM
Jegs and Summit sell their own brand of skinnies. They make them to look like the prostars and draglites. They are one piece billet aluminium and are light as hell. They have the same strength as the weld pieces. I have them on my 66 with a 165r15 arizonan tires. The rims are 95 bucks and the tires are 50 a piece.

u1arunit
01-16-07, 07:28 PM
I don't think the Summit wheels fit over the Cobra brakes. Maybe with a large spacer.

speedracer
01-16-07, 07:52 PM
I don't think the Summit wheels fit over the Cobra brakes. Maybe with a large spacer.
They have 3 different 17x2 1/4 listed in the catalog but there all in the 450-500$ each range :yikes:

Ethan@S3M
01-16-07, 10:02 PM
They will fit with a one inch spacer just like the weld wheels will. Jeff if you need spacers let me know I have some at home you can have.

AZSonicSnake
01-16-07, 10:13 PM
yup, longer studs and spacers. think the spacer i got from gene was a 3/4" one. geez i still can't wait to get those things on the dang car....

Gene
01-16-07, 11:02 PM
yup, longer studs and spacers. think the spacer i got from gene was a 3/4" one. geez i still can't wait to get those things on the dang car....

What the hell are you waiting for LOL!

AZSonicSnake
01-16-07, 11:22 PM
been a lazy bitch and have not gotten the dang locking lug off. lol. baaaad lazyness....

Dana
01-17-07, 06:23 PM
Bogart also makes a nice wheel for the front, custom fit to the Cobra brakes. No spacer required. It's actually welded onto the hub already. You do need longer studs though, 3 inch if I remember right.
They weigh about 11 pounds.
M/T also makes a front skinny. I got mine through Summit or Jegs, I forget which.

Dan

BurnTire
01-17-07, 11:14 PM
Bogart also makes a nice wheel for the front, custom fit to the Cobra brakes. No spacer required. It's actually welded onto the hub already. You do need longer studs though, 3 inch if I remember right.
They weigh about 11 pounds.
M/T also makes a front skinny. I got mine through Summit or Jegs, I forget which.

Dan

The bogarts tend to have longevity issues. I will have to check out the M/T.

BurnTire
01-18-07, 12:19 AM
They will fit with a one inch spacer just like the weld wheels will. Jeff if you need spacers let me know I have some at home you can have.

Yes sir. Hold on to those.

Dana
01-18-07, 05:15 AM
I very seldom drive the car on the street with the Bogarts on.
They are used almost exclusively for strip use. They aren't intended for regular street duty.
The weight savings is significant.

There are 2 designs of the M/T tire, one is rated for a heavier car than the other. More sidewall plies, I think. I got the heavier ones, but it is probably overkill unless I start pulling the wheels up on a launch and the car slams down on them. I don't see that happening any time soon. HA! HA!

The other thing to consider is: do you want something with threads on it or a slick/smooth skinny. With the threads, you drag water towards the starting line when you exit the water box, if you have driven through it for the burnout. Then the rear tires hit the water at launch.
That was pointed out to me AFTER I bought the ones with threads.

Dan
01-18-07, 09:12 AM

No street driving hello. on and bogart has spacers they are just welded to the rim :yes:

Dan
01-18-07, 09:13 AM
I am looking to get a pair of skinnies. Any rim / tire suggestions?

Round ones :hyper:

just a thought

Dana
01-18-07, 10:42 AM
... bogart has spacers they are just welded to the rim :yes:

Considering the track record Jeff has with the tech nazis, it may be significant that the spacers are already welded to the wheel. Not sure though...

That was why I mentioned it.

Dan

BurnTire
01-18-07, 11:25 AM
Considering the track record Jeff has with the tech nazis, it may be significant that the spacers are already welded to the wheel. Not sure though...

That was why I mentioned it.

Dan

Yea I always seem to have a tech nazi issue.

BurnTire
01-18-07, 05:58 PM
No street driving hello. on and bogart has spacers they are just welded to the rim :yes:

Hell people have messed up bogarts just at the strip. I had no intentions of driving on the street with skinnies.:Bucktooth:

BurnTire
01-18-07, 05:59 PM
Round ones :hyper:

just a thought

I know you have square ones.:biglaugh: