PDA

View Full Version : Which one first?

AZSonicSnake
01-15-07, 02:07 PM
ok, so, some money came through that i have been waiting for. but now i cannot decide which thing to do first. so i thought i would gather opinions. i plan on porting the supercharger and doing a lower pulley. both are in the same price range. so which way should i go first? down time on the car is no big deal, as i have a dependable daily driver. and before its mentioned, i am not going kb, whipple, or turbo. too much money. i am very happy with the car now, just want a little more. in two years when we re-fi our house, that might change, but for now, thats not gonna happen. so which should i do first? lower pulley? or a port?

thanks guys and gals!

BurnTire
01-15-07, 02:15 PM
ok, so, some money came through that i have been waiting for. but now i cannot decide which thing to do first. so i thought i would gather opinions. i plan on porting the supercharger and doing a lower pulley. both are in the same price range. so which way should i go first? down time on the car is no big deal, as i have a dependable daily driver. and before its mentioned, i am not going kb, whipple, or turbo. too much money. i am very happy with the car now, just want a little more. in two years when we re-fi our house, that might change, but for now, thats not gonna happen. so which should i do first? lower pulley? or a port?

thanks guys and gals!

Well the lower will work the best with the ported blower. The lower will not help a ton without a ported blower. I would get the blower ported and have the lower done at the same time. Then you can have everything done in one shot.

AZSonicSnake
01-15-07, 02:19 PM
well, budget is only gonna let me do one at a time, so i was thinking either get the blower done, so i can just tune for that, or get the pulley now and wait till i can get the blower ported to put the pulley on....

BurnTire
01-15-07, 02:33 PM
I would port first if that is the case.

AZSonicSnake
01-15-07, 02:46 PM
kinda what i was thinking....i guess it helps that steigemeyer is running a special this month too...:woot1:

Gene
01-15-07, 03:42 PM
port

OH3MGSVT
01-15-07, 06:07 PM
I vote for the port fo sho lol:twothumbsup:

AZSonicSnake
01-15-07, 06:33 PM
well, after discussing things with "the boss" looks like a stage IV ported blower will be ordered up tomorrow. :woot1:

Indy
01-15-07, 07:22 PM
I'ld do the ported blower first too!:yes:

Your making it very hard for me to try an keep up with ya.:icon_cool:

50 BMG
01-15-07, 08:03 PM
Port and spray, screw the lower...

AZSonicSnake
01-15-07, 08:27 PM
dunno bout that spray....

but as they say, never say never.....:twothumbsup:

03cobrazzz
01-15-07, 09:26 PM
dunno bout that spray....

but as they say, never say never.....:twothumbsup:do both saves money on retuning.