PDA

View Full Version : Glass roof

Woody627
10-07-12, 06:30 AM
Hey all, I'm in the market for a new 2013 GT. I got to test drive an automatic and a manual before leaving for a deployment, and I'm overseas now going through different build options to figure out exactly what I want when I get back. I'm just wondering if anyone has the glass roof on their '11-'13 GT, if they like it, and if it adds weight or effects the rigidity of the vehicle at all. The roof appeals to me because I'm not a fan of full on convertibles, but it'd be nice to get more sun in on all those nice Arizona days. If you have it installed or know of someone else that does, let me know what you think!

Thanks

Wharf Rat
10-07-12, 08:24 AM
My GT500 came with the glass roof. I was told or read somewhere that it adds about 20 lbs but actually increases the rigidity of the car. Also, that the tint on is is equivalent to like SPF 50, FWIW.

So far I'm indifferent on it. I live and work outside so I get my fair share of desert sunshine when I'm not driving. I've never actually driven it anywhere the shade open yet. Maybe this winter when it isn't 145 degrees I'll start using it. If I was ordering a new car I doubt I'd pony up the $2k for it. Who knows though, maybe I'll change my mind about it over the winter.