PDA

View Full Version : Had the GT retuned

scooter3
11-10-12, 07:47 PM
Took the GT back to Extreme so Marty could retune it for the powerpipe and adjust for better fuel. After all the adjustments it came out to 400.8 rwhp/390.1 rwtq. Car feels much better now, but my fuel pump is having trouble keeping up. Looks like it is time for a bigger pump or a BAP. Block is really at it's limit so I hope it holds up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2-7mQ-ycc&feature=share&list=UU7g2g2AcPI2jIBp1Tzatp8Q

Jodaddy
11-12-12, 11:54 PM
Cobra fuel pump upgrade :) those are good numbers. I've always liked your GT sense I saw it that day you helped buff out my mustang before I left. Glad to hear your still lovin it

scooter3
11-13-12, 12:05 AM
Cobra fuel pump upgrade :) those are good numbers. I've always liked your GT sense I saw it that day you helped buff out my mustang before I left. Glad to hear your still lovin itMight be doing a BAP or might just pick up a Cobra and be done with it!

billyboss
11-19-12, 11:55 AM
Took the GT back to Extreme so Marty could retune it for the powerpipe and adjust for better fuel. After all the adjustments it came out to 400.8 rwhp/390.1 rwtq. Car feels much better now, but my fuel pump is having trouble keeping up. Looks like it is time for a bigger pump or a BAP. Block is really at it's limit so I hope it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2-7mQ-ycc&feature=share&list=UU7g2g2AcPI2jIBp1Tzatp8Q

I just ran a KB BAP with stock pumps in my 06 GT with 11 lbs of boost, with no issues, still running fine

scooter3
11-19-12, 05:54 PM
We put a BAP in over the weekend and it made a huge differnece. Duty cycle is now at 79% at WOT so I still have room. Car runs like a champ!

billyboss
11-19-12, 06:06 PM
We put a BAP in over the weekend and it made a huge differnece. Duty cycle is now at 79% at WOT so I still have room. Car runs like a champ!

if you read up on KB's website about the boost a pump theory, it actually makes a lot of sense to go that route, to a certain point HP wise, lot cheaper then HP pumps and down the road it will work with HP pumps,and will give you extra protection on leaning you're engine out. good choice

BurnTire
11-21-12, 07:16 AM
79% is nice margin. I liked to keep under 85% on the cobra.