PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Recommendation

VSTNG
01-18-07, 08:23 PM
I want to plan a mod (my first for this car) and am reading as much as I can about dual exhaust on the V6. It sounds like Flowmaster AT or Flowmaster 40 is well liked here. I'm looking for a recommendation for an exhaust shop in Tempe, AZ area that has solid experience in doing this. While possibly within my skill set to perform, I'd rather have someone else do this as I'm stuck working long hours for the next several months.

Chris B.
01-18-07, 08:31 PM
There is a great place just south of university and east of the 143 that does great work. I'll see if I can find the name of the place again, it's been several years since I was there but they did excellent work.

Torchmach
01-18-07, 08:47 PM
You might want to do some research into other systems for the V-6, S-197 Mustang. I have heard one with the Flowmaster system, and for lack of a better term, it sounded "Ricey", IMO. JBA, and Magnaflow, also produce true dual systems for the V-6 Mustang. Try to listen to Cars with exhaust systems from the three Manufactures, decide for yourself, and "buy once".

AZSonicSnake
01-18-07, 08:57 PM
^^^ some awesome advice right there....as exhaust systems are certainly not cheap...

Jacostang
01-18-07, 09:34 PM
You might want to do some research into other systems for the V-6, S-197 Mustang. I have heard one with the Flowmaster system, and for lack of a better term, it sounded "Ricey", IMO. JBA, and Magnaflow, also produce true dual systems for the V-6 Mustang. Try to listen to Cars with exhaust systems from the three Manufactures, decide for yourself, and "buy once".

I know what car your talking about!!!!!

You have to do true dual to get the sound you reallly want!

VSTNG
01-19-07, 10:19 AM
I appreciate the advice. Now tell me if this makes sense. I will attend the Feb. 11 event and look around for V6 folks who have done this and listen to their notes.

AZSonicSnake
01-19-07, 10:23 AM
in all honestly, there probably won't be to many v-6er's out there......but i could be wrong. but i don't remember seein any other that trish's the last time...

VSTNG
01-19-07, 10:48 AM
OK ... then should I just post an invitation for 6ers to contact me directly so I can go meet them at a place and time of their choosing?

AZSonicSnake
01-19-07, 11:13 AM
in all honesty, i would hit up the pavallions. way more out there.

by all means do join us at the feb 11th gathering too....:icon_cool:

VSTNG
01-19-07, 11:20 AM
OK ... still planning on being there Feb. 11. Pavallions??? I'm not sure what or where that is. Please advise.

BurnTire
01-19-07, 11:24 AM
OK ... still planning on being there Feb. 11. Pavallions??? I'm not sure what or where that is. Please advise.

101 North to Indian Bend Road.

If you exit going north make a left at the light.

McDonalds is on the right.

There is a big car show there every Saturday from 4-10PM.

AZSonicSnake
01-19-07, 11:24 AM
pavallions is a car show that is held at 101 and indian bend every saturday evening. always plenty of mustangs there. it normally takes place from noonish till 6-7.

woot....jeff and i posted at the same time...:D

VSTNG
01-19-07, 11:29 AM
Thanks. I know where that is. Didn't know they had a show there. I'll see who I can meet and learn from. Thanks again.

Torchmach
01-19-07, 05:05 PM
I appreciate the advice. Now tell me if this makes sense. I will attend the Feb. 11 event and look around for V6 folks who have done this and listen to their notes.

Go online to the different Manufactures Websites, I know that Magnaflow posts sound Clips that you can listen to. My guess is that JBA, and Flowmaster do the same. We can point out the '05 V-6 that we know of that has a Flowmaster dual setup too.

VSTNG
01-20-07, 09:09 AM
Thanks, good idea. I'll do that, though am a little skeptical of how realistic the sound via a computer is compared to the real thing. I'd rather hear a real Mustang V6 with true duals. BTW, Chris B., I think the place you were referring to is ProDyno. http://www.prodyno.com/Home/ I also had the same referral from Kustom Koachworks where I've had some excellent body work done.

BurnTire
01-20-07, 10:56 AM
Pro dyno is a good shop. I had some welding done there by Charles.

BurnTire
01-20-07, 11:18 AM
I have the flowmaster 40 series mufflers and I like the sound.

VSTNG
01-20-07, 03:31 PM
One more question in this thread. Due to a recent accident, I am replacing rear bumper cover. Is there any issue with moving to the GT bumper with its dual notches?

Tortuga
01-20-07, 03:46 PM
Lots of ppl actually do that, there's a few kits out there if u google it. mrbodykit.com has one that i know of.

If u don't mind me asking, why did u get a v6? ur dropping enough money into it that u probably coulda just bought a GT. u woulda even had dual exhaust with it. lol.

VSTNG
01-20-07, 05:08 PM
I don't mind you asking. A V6 has enough power for my in town and every so often highway driving. This V6 is my daily ride. I won't race it. The mileage I get with the V6 is much better than my big truck. I'm very happy with the V6, but want the dual exhaust and the notes that come with that. The accident last week ( I was rear-ended by a 23 year old on a cell phone while I was completely stopped) gives me the opportunity to replace the bumper cover with the cover of my choice.

06blacksabbath
01-21-07, 02:47 AM
just a note i have 2 friends out here with 05 + v6 mustangs and both with dual exhaust, well they both still have a different tone then any v8 by far but one i can approve of so i'll ask him what exhaust he has and the other guy has a gt front and rear end due to an accident and he said the set ups are extremely similar so shouldnt be too much of an issue... i'll send ya a message if i talk to them or if i have my video camera i'll get some clips of their exaust for ya :)

some of you that go to firebird will probably have seen the red v6(GT front/rear end) he runs at firebird most every weekend, license plate says "its a v6" so im sure youve heard his?.

Chris B.
01-21-07, 09:44 AM
BTW, Chris B., I think the place you were referring to is ProDyno. http://www.prodyno.com/Home/ I also had the same referral from Kustom Koachworks where I've had some excellent body work done.

Yep that's definately the place. Great service and workmanship, I would highly recommend them.

Jacostang
01-21-07, 10:21 AM
I have a GT Bumper cover.. If your interested,you would have to have it painted to match yor car.. Its Legend Lime!!!...$100

Torchmach
01-21-07, 10:58 AM
Thanks, good idea. I'll do that, though am a little skeptical of how realistic the sound via a computer is compared to the real thing. I'd rather hear a real Mustang V6 with true duals.[/URL]

I have to agree with you there, it would be for comparasion to the two other sound clips only. The biggest sound reproduction problem would be with the speakers plugged into your computer. Can you plug your stereo speakers into your computer?.

As far as replacing your bumper cover, Check out [URL="http://www.newtakeoff.com"]www.newtakeoff.com (http://) (phone 888 240-0025), they have the Rear Appearance Package, with the GT bumper Cover ,with dual exhaust outlets for $199.99, and in most cases can match your factory color.

Good Luck

VSTNG
01-21-07, 01:05 PM
The new GT bumper cover is being ordered by my favorite body shop, Kustom Koachworks, and being paid for by the other parties insurance company. Yes, Kustom will paint it and make it match. I should have the car back the first of next week, then I'll talk with Pro Dyno about the duals. After that wheels and tires. See my other post on Wheels and Tires.

06blacksabbath
01-21-07, 07:59 PM
magnaflow dual cat-back is what my friend has sounds pretty good

Tortuga
01-21-07, 08:16 PM
I have a question, not to get off topic or anything, but do all V6 S197 have the license plate indent on the front bumper while all the GTs do not?

Jacostang
01-21-07, 08:36 PM
Yes They do!!!

CaliMustanGirl
03-26-07, 09:41 AM
i know this thread is old but wanted to add my info--i put dual exhaust on mine and went with the magnaflows, a month later i changed them to magnapacks, way better sound, magnaflows were way too quiet for me--an di have a v6 because i couldnt find a v8 from SF to LA to save my life--so i spent the extra on a convertible--im happy with it--if it was any faster id kill myself--already been stopped 4 times since i had it as it is! ;) :biglaugh:
next one is a GT for SURE!

AZSonicSnake
03-26-07, 09:48 AM
welcome aboard!! i guess v-6 or v-8 its fairly easy to get ones self in trouble with the boys in blue. :pepper:

CaliMustanGirl
03-26-07, 10:04 AM
hey thanks!
especially around here, they are everywhere!