PDA

View Full Version : Freaks on this site

Rick Shopmier
03-24-13, 06:49 PM
Hey Bigstang, there is a freak show coming thru the vendor portal or what ever. Time to step up the filter or start monitoring this site. These bozos are starting to become a pain. Hello, are you there......................................

BurnTire
03-24-13, 07:28 PM
They are spam bots that seem to have targeted the site lately. We will find a solution.:thmbsup:

BigStang
03-24-13, 07:28 PM
Thanks for you heads up, I get about 20 a week of these loser who have nothing better to do, but they are now banned from our site........ Thanks

JoeT
03-24-13, 09:40 PM
You'll never ban them completely. I delete 50 accounts a day or more. You cant just ban the IP because they hijack IP's so you might end up banning real members, if you ban the email they just change the email. Ive banned all gmail addresses from registering on my site, and even AOL emails are bogus most of the time. Its a never ending battle. Let me know if you find a solution, one of my sites get no sign ups from these bots, then others get pounded.

Rick Shopmier
03-25-13, 08:14 AM
This is about the time I would be loading my digital assault weapon and opening fire at these jerks. But congress would get wind (like a bad fart) and try to ban them too. This is the crappy world we now live in, you guys work to make these sites for us and that is the stuff you have to deal with. Just wish I had stayed in be this morning.

Jacostang
04-02-13, 10:13 PM
A minor Glitch....