PDA

View Full Version : Hole in the Firewall

ASUSMC
01-24-07, 05:56 PM
I got my boost and A/F gauges. I plan on mounting them on the A-pillar and have the pod. How do I run the tubes and wires through the firewall. I didn't see any holes. On my dads truck we just ran them through an existing hole. Is there one I can't see? Do I need to drill one?

BurnTire
01-24-07, 06:16 PM
You can put a small hole in the main wiring harness grommet and run it threw there Just don't hit any wires. Or you can drill a hole in the FW if you have an angle drill.

AZSonicSnake
01-24-07, 06:43 PM
what jeff said. normally there is room around the main harness grommet to put a small hole and run things through. i would avoid drilling as much as possible....

ASUSMC
01-24-07, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys that is exactly what I did. The gauge pod I got from summit doesn't exactly match up where it should. I may have to go get that expensive one you guys showed me before if it is an entire gauge pod that covers the entire pillar.

BurnTire
01-24-07, 10:23 PM
Speed of sound

ASUSMC
01-25-07, 12:48 AM
Yeah I looked at their website. They are currently backordered on the ones for the convertible...:madashell: So I guess I get to use one that literally looks like a piece of crap. Jeff you have convinced me to get the Speed of Sound one (as well as Summit's crappy fitting pod). I of course now will spring for the shift light. For now Summits will work and only until Speed of Sound is no longer backordered.

AZSonicSnake
01-25-07, 07:53 AM
are you talking about the raptor shift light? if so, that is one bad ass light. i have one. love it. and install was a sinch!!

ASUSMC
01-25-07, 08:00 AM
are you talking about the raptor shift light? if so, that is one bad ass light. i have one. love it. and install was a sinch!!

Yessir that would be the one. But now I am going to have to rip my wiring back out. Would it be safe to run for a little while without one? What am I risking by not running the gauges.

50 BMG
01-25-07, 10:25 AM
Seriously-

Wait for the speed of sound units.

Jacostang
01-25-07, 01:05 PM
Seriously-

Wait for the speed of sound units.
What he said!!!!

ASUSMC
01-25-07, 02:08 PM
I have the one on there now and plan on using it for at least a little while so I can monitor things. But as soon as the Speed of Sound one is no longer backordered I am definitely going to order it.

BTW the CHARGER IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pepper: :woot1: :bounce: :tearsofjoy: :highfive: :woot2: :veryhappy: :bouncy: :yes: :pinkthumb: :Bucktooth: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: