PDA

View Full Version : Hood Blanket Removal

BLK03SVT
01-30-07, 07:12 PM
I took off my disgusting looking hood blanket tonight to discover a nicely painted underside of my hood. It looks WAY better than the blanket did. Anyhow I want to make sure that the ground that I removed is for the blanket only, and that it didn't need to be put back on after I removed the blanket. It appeared to be isolated from the hood with a rubber washer. Could anyone that has remvoed their blanket please confirm. Thanks!

speedracer
01-30-07, 07:17 PM
I took off my disgusting looking hood blanket tonight to discover a nicely painted underside of my hood. It looks WAY better than the blanket did. Anyhow I want to make sure that the ground that I removed is for the blanket only, and that it didn't need to be put back on after I removed the blanket. It appeared to be isolated from the hood with a rubber washer. Could anyone that has remvoed their blanket please confirm. Thanks!
I took mine off back in July (not painted) I left the ground off with no issues yet.

BLK03SVT
01-30-07, 07:19 PM
Right on- thanks! I wanted to make sure. How is your hood paint? Have you had any issues with it bubbling from heat etc?

speedracer
01-30-07, 07:44 PM
Right on- thanks! I wanted to make sure. How is your hood paint? Have you had any issues with it bubbling from heat etc?
My paint is good, but it dosn't get as hot here. The under side of my hood is a nasty grey color in the center.

BurnTire
01-30-07, 07:54 PM
My paint looks like crap, but my blanket is gone. The heat exchanger reservoir made the 1 corner tear.

Ethan@S3M
01-30-07, 08:14 PM
You guys do know that your engine will get cold with out its blanket. LOL! :z7shysterical:

AZSonicSnake
01-30-07, 09:14 PM
the ground is disconnected on mine too....

BLK03SVT
01-31-07, 12:54 PM
You guys do know that your engine will get cold with out its blanket. LOL! :z7shysterical:

:laughing:

BLK03SVT
01-31-07, 12:55 PM
My paint is good, but it dosn't get as hot here. The under side of my hood is a nasty grey color in the center.

Mine is all black, which looks much nicer than the coolant stained pos blanket that was on before.

sicksnake
03-03-07, 06:44 PM
i removed mine and just popped it back it in hole, really hear the supercharger scream with a steg 4 port and 2.8 upper and 2lb. lower plus full bassani from headers back and offroad x = pure CARGASM:woot1:

BurnTire
03-03-07, 06:55 PM
CARGASM. LOL
That is a new one.