PDA

View Full Version : Whipple Vs Kenne Bell Experts only.....

silver03cobra
01-30-07, 08:54 PM
Hello,
I want to hear the facts.... the likes and dislike... the pros and con's...
and remember people not everyone is drag racing. I say experts only because I don't want opinions.

Gene
01-30-07, 10:32 PM
Hello,
I want to hear the facts.... the likes and dislike... the pros and con's...
and remember people not everyone is drag racing. I say experts only because I don't want opinions.

When I had my KB 2.2, it was nasty!

BurnTire
01-30-07, 10:38 PM
The are both proven blowers.

Whipple---Not noisy, Is an easier install, Looks better, Produces more boost at a lower impeller speed than the KB.

KB really makes some noise, but that is not bad if you like blower wine.

It is a matter of preference you can't go wrong either way.

Radeon
01-30-07, 10:59 PM
Either one will make great power. The KB is just nasty sounding though!

Check out this clip of a KB on a Cobra.

YouTube - 2.2L Kenne Bell on a Cobra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Gy5EITD9U)

MinGry03
01-31-07, 10:26 AM
I agree with mostly what was said. It took me a while to decide on what I wanted. To me, it all came down to price and durability. After checking around for months, I just found that the Whipple was more reliable & priced than the KB. If you were to look at Dan's list of drivers, you will see that it does not really seem to matter if you have a KB or a Whipple. They are about equal.

50 BMG
01-31-07, 02:13 PM
These new KB's are more efficient and look prettier on the dyno...2.2L KB or 2.3L whipple is all the twin screw these cars need unless you have a bigger intercooler than the 03/04 OEM.

If I was in the TS market, I'd get a 2.2L KB as they are on the cheap now.

Mark@LFP
02-01-07, 10:42 AM
If you are looking into getting a Whipple, shoot me a PM for a good price.

Wolfpack Speed
02-15-07, 12:52 AM
you cant go wrong with either blower:yes:

BLK03SVT
02-15-07, 10:46 AM
Check out svtperformance.com - there's a ton of info on this exact subject.

silver03cobra
02-15-07, 10:52 AM
WOLFPACK... i have taked to jeff alot. He has said nothing but good things about you... So here is my question. why did you pick thw KB over the whipple?

Wolfpack Speed
02-15-07, 11:42 AM
WOLFPACK... i have talked to jeff alot. He has said nothing but good things about you... So here is my question. why did you pick the KB over the whipple?
no particular reason actually. i had a whipple on order because there weren't any fast whipples out there at the time, i think they look better too but i got tired of waiting on it. weeks had gone by and i was at a stand still with the car, i picked up the phone and called kenne bell, had the new piece 5 days later! im not up to speed with the larger compressors and if 1 is more efficient than the other. either way they both make a nice piece but both company's are difficult to deal with

silver03cobra
02-15-07, 12:14 PM
thanks wolfpack..