PDA

View Full Version : 13's BABY!!!!

OH3MGSVT
02-04-07, 01:52 AM
Well with 88,xxx miles and a blown head gasket didnt stop me from achieving my goal. Tonight at speedworld I ran a 13.93 at 97.7 mph with a 1.93 60ft. This is defnitley my best run ever. Only thing I had was some M/T et Streets. I am now bone stock down to the paper filter, when I had a JLT cold Air and a BBK 75mm TB/plenum I could only get a 14.020. Weird huh? I Did pull my headlight out for a "ram air" effect and certainly enough once I did that I ran my first and only 13.:woot1: :twothumbsup: :laughing1: :woot2: :pepper: :bounce: :biglaugh: :sticktonge: :highfive: :bouncy: :yes: :icon_cool: :pinkthumb: :veryhappy: :hyper: :Bucktooth:

AZSonicSnake
02-04-07, 09:25 AM
congrats man. i was happy with my runs tonight too. i pulled out three 12's in the same night. and am starting to get comfortable with my car.

and did i mention i am done with drag radials? lol. even the et street radials were giving me a little traction issue. but its probably a little bit of me getting use to them, and the fact that is was colder than hell last night. because it snot like i was not burning them out enough. hahaha.

Indy
02-04-07, 09:58 AM
Congrats ahawkins, nice run for a stock GT. Even with your oil leak mod. LOL

BurnTire
02-04-07, 10:15 AM
Nice run man.

OH3MGSVT
02-04-07, 01:10 PM
thanks guys. Good runs to you Tony, what did you end up running? The best I saw was like a 12.6. Well now Im finally happy with my car and running strong to the very end. Though I hate to do it I do need to move on to another stang because I just need something with less miles. Hopefully I can find a buyer for mine soon so I can go try and get a cobra or something

AZSonicSnake
02-04-07, 02:32 PM
that 12.6 was my best for the evening. i did cut off a few more 12's, but nothing quicker. i was just happy to get in the 12 range three times in one night. :twothumbsup:

BurnTire
02-04-07, 02:36 PM
that 12.6 was my best for the evening. i did cut off a few more 12's, but nothing quicker. i was just happy to get in the 12 range three times in one night. :twothumbsup:

Only .6 more to go Tony.:yes:

50 BMG
02-04-07, 07:50 PM

Try running stock F1's at Firebird :twothumbsup:

AZSonicSnake
02-04-07, 08:03 PM
Only .6 more to go Tony.:yes:

considering i bogged it, and had a horrible 60', i know its there, i just need to put it there. but as they say practice makes perfect. and i got plenty in this weekend. :icon_cool:

50- i could not imagine how bad that would be....yikes!!!!!!!!!!

ASUSMC
02-05-07, 07:20 AM
I couldn't get traction with my 230whp GT on some street tires. I can't imagine what it would be like in a 400+ whp car on street tires. Although I may be able to find out really soon!!!!

AZSonicSnake
02-05-07, 07:49 AM
yup. you might. i heard our car this weekend when the moved it into the shop. sounds freakin wicked! :icon_cool:

ASUSMC
02-05-07, 08:08 AM
yup. you might. i heard our car this weekend when the moved it into the shop. sounds freakin wicked! :icon_cool:

That SIR is not fair :hyper: . I haven't heard my car run in a week and really miss it.

AZSonicSnake
02-05-07, 08:22 AM
sorry. i know the feeling. in the brief time i have had my cobra i have been without it a couple times, granted it was more than worth it, i still missed it. :yes: