PDA

View Full Version : Gas Problem

RockysMom
02-05-07, 06:40 PM
President Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use.

The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants!

That would be 11 million less people using our gas.

The price of gas would come down.

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Mexican border.

When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen,

rifle and some ammo...... and ship him to Iraq.

Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in our military.

Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.

After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country.

He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot.

This option could deter illegal immigration, provide a solution for the troops in Iraq, and help the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo.

Problem solved.

Jacostang
02-05-07, 07:16 PM
During the civil war time, The US did just that!!! The Italians, Irish, Chezks and Poles as soon as they got off the boat they were handed a uniform and a rifle and pledged allegiance to United States and the Union Army!!! If They survived the war they became US Citizens!!!

Tortuga
02-05-07, 07:30 PM
Yes and there were many problems associated when that happened.

BurnTire
02-05-07, 07:49 PM
Illegal is Illegal. They should not be here demanding rights and health care.
Laws are laws they need to be enforced.

Jacostang
02-05-07, 07:52 PM
Illegal is Illegal. They should not be here demanding rights and health care.
Laws are laws they need to be enforced.
Right, Doesn't matter what nationality they are Illegal is Illegal.....

Jacostang
02-05-07, 07:54 PM
Yes and there were many problems associated when that happened.
Yeah Like if they even survived the trip on the boat, then welcome, here is a gun and a hat!!

Tortuga
02-05-07, 09:31 PM
One thing that I want to mention. Deporting immigrants will not help the gas crisis. Gas prices are based per barrel at an international, not national level. Meaning that you could deport them, but as long as they still use gas in Mexico, our gas prices wouldn't go down. Supply and demand, as long as someone else wants it, the prices will stay high, not just in the US. Notice we are not the only ones with high gas prices? Take a minute and look at England, their gas prices are higher than ours. Should we take all the immigrants out of England (alot of ppl immigrate there too) and ship them somewhere else so that their gas prices will go down too? We wil just do this to all the countries, then each country will have less immigrants and gas prices will go down. Right? This is that theory put into a world wide perspective.

Education is key to a happy knowledgeable life with less flaming. Learn the laws of supply and demand b4 you decide to bless us with your everlasting intelligence.

BurnTire
02-05-07, 09:56 PM
Do some research on how gas is taxed in the UK then you will realize why the prices are higher.

Jacostang
02-05-07, 10:23 PM
Do some research on how gas is taxed in the UK then you will realize why the prices are higher.
Exactly!!

RockysMom
02-06-07, 05:56 AM
hmmmmmm ok Supply and demand. If we have more people here needing gas they will charge us more, if we get rid of illegal aliens our supply will last longer and demand wont be as much. Mexico is not part of the united states they buy there own gas. Correct me if im wrong but I think I am right.
Now ya'll Kiss and make up would ya................

Tortuga
02-06-07, 08:40 AM
Cept that gas prices are based on an international level. Iraq sells gas to everyone at around the same price. So no matter how much we use, as long as the world needs gas, it will be sold to us at the same price. U assume that the US is special and gas is sold to us at a different price then most other countries, which is untrue.

50 BMG
02-06-07, 09:51 AM

In addition to the amount of cars that run on gas in Europe...

I would gladly take the choice to either get 95 or 100 octane at the pump (like in the UK) over here with Katrina era prices.

Gas prices are based per barrel at an international, not national level. CU assume that the US is special and gas is sold to us at a different price then most other countries, which is untrue.

Then why is gas 35 cents a gallon in Iraq?

Jacostang
02-06-07, 10:00 AM
Yep and about $.80 a gallon in Taxes That we forgot!!! State, county, Freeway, Light rail.....The list goes on and on.... Without all the taxes on gas it would be around a buck a gallon.

Tortuga
02-06-07, 10:13 AM
Taxes have nothing to do with the idea that immigrants make our gas prices higher through driving. I'm not arguing gas prices. I'm arguing the original point. I don't care enough past that. Gas prices are gas prices. If I gave a shit I woulda kept my Civic or would at least let up on the gas. Then I might actually be getting more than 12 mpg. :cutie:

Also, Iraq is gonna have lower gas prices. It's Iraq that's making the gas. Not sure exactly how I was supposed to reply to this James.

ASUSMC
02-06-07, 10:38 AM
Taxes have nothing to do with the idea that immigrants make our gas prices higher through driving

Through driving no but MY taxes are what is paying for their medical care... I wouldn't mind so much if they were paying for my medical care too but I have to pay extra money each month for my insurance where as they pay no taxes towards it and still receive it.

IM flame suit on...

Tortuga
02-06-07, 10:40 AM
Through driving no but MY taxes are what is paying for their medical care... I wouldn't mind so much if they were paying for my medical care too but I have to pay extra money each month for my insurance where as they pay no taxes towards it and still receive it.

IM flame suit on...

That wasn't hte point so STFU. JK

I still love u tho Jeffy Poo. :yes: You won't get IM flamed from me on this. Lol.

BurnTire
02-06-07, 10:48 AM
If this country went to a consumption type tax system I feel things would be better. The more you spend the more tax you pay in tax. That would eliminate the under the table work problem.

Jacostang
02-06-07, 12:25 PM
The taxpayers are the ones taking the hit in everything. 51% Of the population paying for 100% Thats Bullsyte but its true!!!!

Chris B.
02-06-07, 01:15 PM
The taxpayers are the ones taking the hit in everything. 51% Of the population paying for 100% Thats Bullsyte but its true!!!!

Amen to that!!!

Torchmach
02-06-07, 06:26 PM
hmmmmmm ok Supply and demand. If we have more people here needing gas they will charge us more, if we get rid of illegal aliens our supply will last longer and demand wont be as much.

Has anyone else notaced that people who may, or may not, be illegal aliens, are driving around 3 or 4 in a small economy sedan, while you have people in Scottsdale driving around (one person), in a large gas guzzling SUV (usally well over the speed limit)? Who is wasting resources now????

If you really want to help stretch fuel resources you need to get people to change their driving habits, and what they drive.

BurnTire
02-06-07, 06:38 PM
The bicycle will cure it all. LOL

Just like Amsterdam does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk6YxhKH590

Tortuga
02-06-07, 06:56 PM
Has anyone else notaced that people who may, or may not, be illegal aliens, are driving around 3 or 4 in a small economy sedan, while you have people in Scottsdale driving around (one person), in a large gas guzzling SUV (usally well over the speed limit)? Who is wasting resources now????

If you really want to help stretch fuel resources you need to get people to change their driving habits, and what they drive.

QFT
Removing gas taxes means that they have to be made up somewhere else. That really can't be done without creating a whole other base of problems. Not only that but the US is in alot of debt right now, so they can't just disappear.

Besides, isn't the consumption type tax system similar to the gas tax system now? I could be wrong, however wouldn't that create a bigger problem since ppl are already accustomed to the current tax system and looking at how they react to gas prices with a similar system to that of the consumption tax, it would not be well percieved.

If this country went to a consumption type tax system I feel things would be better. The more you spend the more tax you pay in tax. That would eliminate the under the table work problem.

BurnTire
02-06-07, 07:15 PM
Consumption tax would help. Illegals buy stuff they pay tax. People who work under the table pay taxes. You spend money in this economy you pay tax. No cheats.

Tortuga
02-06-07, 07:20 PM
Consumption tax would help. Illegals buy stuff they pay tax. People who work under the table pay taxes. You spend money in this economy you pay tax. No cheats.
I never said it wouldn't help. Cept the point that a bunch of the money is shipped outta here to Mexico to help with family, though I understand not all of it. I was just pointing out that it's similar to the gas tax system as it stands now which is not highly appretiated by the general public.

BurnTire
02-06-07, 07:23 PM
What I don't appreciate is my tax dollars paying for illegals healthcare.

Tortuga
02-06-07, 07:38 PM

Yeah, I really don't have an opinion on this. I really don't care either way. I care about the theories that ppl throw out there to try to solve the problems. There are many problems with infinite solutions. My only concern with any of this is to show which problems are associated with each solution. No other point. If you switched it around and started fighting for immigration, I would do the same and fight against it. Just so u kno.

Torchmach
02-06-07, 08:47 PM

You pay one way or another. Higher prices for foods, wages to service industry workers.

During WW II this country had a labor shortage that was partly filled by a "Guest Worker" program. One could apply in thier native Country for a job, they would go through a health exam, criminal background check. If every thing was OK they would be given a 6 month work permit that could be extended for another 6 months. They would pay taxes, our govenment knew who was here, and they got to send money back to their familys. And no one was exploited, or exposed to hazardous working conditions

This naturally had costs associated with it, that would have to be passed on. But everything was on the up and up.

50 BMG
02-06-07, 09:14 PM
Also, Iraq is gonna have lower gas prices. It's Iraq that's making the gas. Not sure exactly how I was supposed to reply to this James.

You said gas is priced on an international level. Iraq has a lower price than we do. Most places have a higher price than we do. Thats not priced on an international level...if it was everyone would be paying within 10% of each other before any taxes/BS additions. Gasoline closed out on the DJ futures last year at 1.54 a gallon.

QFT
Removing gas taxes means that they have to be made up somewhere else. That really can't be done without creating a whole other base of problems. Not only that but the US is in alot of debt right now, so they can't just disappear.

Or we could remove the tax and quit spending...

The sooner everyone figures this out the faster this country gets back into shape.

Problem is, it will never happen. The government is too short sighted and all the assclowns in the IRS/tax support will lose their jobs. Over 80% of all the money spent in the world comes from the US consumer :icon_idea:

Tortuga
02-06-07, 09:32 PM
:icon_idea:

I just wanna say that I love u.http://www.azstreetscene.com/ipbforum/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif