PDA

View Full Version : I'll Give you a Drug Problem!!!!

RockysMom
02-05-07, 06:44 PM
The older we get the more we forget the transgressions of our more youthful days. A Friend ask the other day:
''Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''

I had to confess that I had a HUGE drug problem growing up

I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug To church for weddings and funerals.

I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.

I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best
effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.
I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and Flower beds.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline: and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than Cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this
kind of drug problem, they wouldn't have time for any other drug problems

See as I told you--- It's all about getting older. You are allowed to rant and rave.:pepper: