PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Gt Battery Drains

ShelbysDad
02-10-07, 11:07 PM
Just curious if anyone here has experienced the issue of their battery going dead if their 05-06 sat for a while without being driven.

This happenned to me twice now in the last two months. I read on other forums after the first time I had this happen that this is not uncommon, and is being experienced by many new Mustang owners. Some say the Shaker stereo, if left on when turning off the car is the issue, however the last time (yesterday) my battery was dead, the Shaker had not been left on.

Also my driver side window lost it's calibration and will not re-calibrate after the recent battery drain. The window now 'bounces-back' when reaching the top of it's travel. I disconnected both battery cables for longer than 15 minutes and tried to re-calibrate, but it still bounces back.

Tortuga
02-11-07, 03:05 PM
I've had both things happen. The boucing back window is something that I had happen to me b4 the battery drained. But it's only happened like 3 times. I have a the shaker 1000, but it took my battery about an hour and a half of sitting there with all the electrical on b4 it drained itself.

gjmack3
06-22-07, 10:28 PM
How long does the car sit for before the battery drains? If it is sitting for several weeks without being run, then it is the parasitic drain of all the electronics in the vehicle draining the battery. If not, you might need to have a parasitic drain test done to the car to make sure that all of the electronics are going into sleep mode after the car is shut off.

06BlackGT
06-23-07, 02:09 AM
Yes this happened to me earlier this year I went out of town for the weekend the car was in the garage and when I got home to start it the battery was dead. Had to jump start it and took it to the dealer they had no idea to why the battery died. The car was less than a year old when this happened.

gjmack3
06-23-07, 10:23 AM
It sounds like you have an excessive parasitic drain problem. It should not go dead over a weekend. When all of the electronics go into sleep mode, the current draw is measured in milliamps. It would take a couple of weeks or up to a month to drain the battery. I would take it back to the dealership, and ask them to perform a parasitic drain test. They should have techs on staff that know how to perform this task. Allso, have you put any electrical accessories on the car recently? Alarm, stereo,etc.

jtleng
06-23-07, 11:53 AM
I had this happen on my 05, ended up being the cd player would start chaging cd's when the car was off.
dealer replaced deck

scarpi
06-24-07, 12:06 AM
I have an 05 GT and it only has about 3900 miles on it because it is not a daily driver. Sometimes it sits in the garage a week before it is driven again. The battery has not had any problems. It still has the original battery in it.

jtleng
06-26-07, 06:53 AM
how ironic is this,
the day after i posted about the radio in my wifes 05 vert
my 05 gt started having battery problems.
let me know what you find out with your 06,
have to many add-ons to remove in order to take to dealer.
would rather not have to remove.
Thanks,