PDA

View Full Version : another bad experience at speedworld[clubday]

03cobrazzz
02-11-07, 06:13 PM
we had some races set up for clubday at speedworld.they upped the fees to $25 andafter taking your money they tell you we have coputer problems and cant give you 60' times.then you stand in line for 2 hours at a time to wait for too many clubs to run.you finaly get through the lane and want to race the guy behing you and you got one car in front of you.so the line girl says she cant line us up because there is no time.then says the guy in front could make a solorun.now she changes her mind and says get out there and runthe guy in front.i did not wamt to do so.i told her i will turn around and go back to the pits and then did so.after Tony gets back he told me that the line girl told him i was done for today.what a way to treed a customer who is going to this track repeatdly for the last ten years.but i must say that Jeff did contact Staff at speedworld emediatly after the incident and try to fix it.thumbs up for that.i really appreciate it.

AZSonicSnake
02-11-07, 06:32 PM
yea, that was not cool at all. right as i am going up the lady tells me to tell my buddy that his due to his "attitude" he was not welcome to race anymore and that he was done for the day. that was bs imo.

50 BMG
02-11-07, 06:39 PM
Hmmm, sounds like the last 3 letters of your screen name Andy...

zzzZZZzzz

But you all know my motto about the tracks :pinkthumb:

03cobrazzz
02-11-07, 06:50 PM
yea, that was not cool at all. right as i am going up the lady tells me to tell my buddy that his due to his "attitude" he was not welcome to race anymore and that he was done for the day. that was bs imo.i was nice and courteous.i never yell or use bad language.i dont know what her problem was.i just did not want to waste the good 109 fuel and the tires to run someone else.its all good hopefully she get shooled in customerrelations.i think someone in management should have taken care of this right there.but i guess its all over the same its not about the customer its about the moneyand no service.a refund or a free day to race would be a nice way to fix a wreck like this.but thats only my :d066: 0.2 nuff said to this

BurnTire
02-11-07, 07:00 PM
Andy
The amount of club cars was not too bad. It was the stupid junior dragsters and the big wheels. Yes kids on big wheels racing to the 60 ft mark wasting our time. They had an official junior dragster race tied into club day. Not Cool. I spoke with the track director on the issue with 2 members not being able to race and he was apologetic, but the excuse was to keep the program moving with no single runs to get the junior dragsters running again.
Junior Dragsters obviously had priority over us.

OH3MGSVT
02-11-07, 07:08 PM
yeah that was bull, everytime the JR dragsters came up I was like "oh, it looks like its time for a break" and i just walked away

03cobrazzz
02-11-07, 07:35 PM
Andy
The amount of club cars was not too bad. It was the stupid junior dragsters and the big wheels. Yes kids on big wheels racing to the 60 ft mark wasting our time. They had an official junior dragster race tied into club day. Not Cool. I spoke with the track director on the issue with 2 members not being able to race and he was apologetic, but the excuse was to keep the program moving with no single runs to get the junior dragsters running again.
Junior Dragsters obviously had priority over us.ya i know and thanks again for taking care of it promptly.i m only sad that i spend all this money and effort to go there to do some racing and i did not get any of the races done.on a regular event you get 3 passes and thenyour bracket or headsup another 3 or more.so when they cant run all cars 6 times over the day then the track is overbooked and that is called GREED take the money for services half performed with faulty equipment[60' times]its close to $100 bucks for the day waisted.

Jacostang
02-11-07, 07:43 PM
Hmmm, sounds like the last 3 letters of your screen name Andy...

zzzZZZzzz

But you all know my motto about the tracks :pinkthumb:

Tell me, don't recall the motto!!!!

03cobrazzz
02-11-07, 07:45 PM
Tell me, don't recall the motto!!!!ya good one:bouncy:

BLK03SVT
02-11-07, 08:53 PM
I thought that this was rediculous. I mean host this shit in the parking lot if you're trying to have things for kids to do.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/azmpf/DSC01244.jpg

xecutioner
02-11-07, 09:15 PM
sorry to hear bout your bad experience man,

fazm
02-11-07, 10:21 PM
yet another reason i refuse to waste my time/gas/car abuse going to speedworld

The reaper
02-11-07, 10:29 PM
Lets just wait and see what gets done about this. Thats two post on the way Speedworld conducts its business in the last mont or so. Maybe there is something wrong with the way Speedworld is ran hmmmmm............

ASUSMC
02-12-07, 01:13 AM
I don't mind the junior dragsters being out there on a club day. I do kinda mind them running a competition on a club day AFTER they had moved our day up and having them take precidance over us. The 60ft times not working kinda bothered me but not as much as others cause I couldn't launch anyway.

I was also told that I wouldn't be allowed to run any faster than the 13.50 per NHRA rules but was told beforehand that I could run mid 12's without any problem. There were only two things that kept me from beating that 13.50 maximum... Tires and rain. I had consistantly gotten better and gotten a better feel for what the car would do. Thus I was gaining more confidence in the car and the track and was gonna try to get a 13.1 or 13.2. Once again not a big deal but I am not gonna be allowed to run @ the track without a roll bar anymore.

50 BMG
02-12-07, 07:41 AM
I don't mind the junior dragsters being out there on a club day. I do kinda mind them running a competition on a club day AFTER they had moved our day up and having them take precidance over us. The 60ft times not working kinda bothered me but not as much as others cause I couldn't launch anyway.

I was also told that I wouldn't be allowed to run any faster than the 13.50 per NHRA rules but was told beforehand that I could run mid 12's without any problem. There were only two things that kept me from beating that 13.50 maximum... Tires and rain. I had consistantly gotten better and gotten a better feel for what the car would do. Thus I was gaining more confidence in the car and the track and was gonna try to get a 13.1 or 13.2. Once again not a big deal but I am not gonna be allowed to run @ the track without a roll bar anymore.

Jeff how is the car? Tune power driveability etc...never got a chance to talk to you after the tuning was done.

50 BMG
02-12-07, 07:46 AM
Tell me, don't recall the motto!!!!

My motto? It involves two 4 letter words. The second word is them...

ASUSMC
02-12-07, 07:56 AM
Jeff how is the car? Tune power driveability etc...never got a chance to talk to you after the tuning was done.

The tune is strong and Devin did a great job. Driveability is nearly the same as stock except I noticed the extra weight up front which of course is nobodies fault. Everywhere I go people ask me what that noise is... or if there is a jet under the hood or something :pepper: . I couldn't be happier and nearly scared the pee out of my mom when I gave her a ride :woot2: .

I will be back down today to get the passenger fender well put back in as well as a dyno sheet or whatever ya got

Jacostang
02-12-07, 08:28 AM
My motto? It involves two 4 letter words. The second word is them...
Ah I get it!!! Good motto!!:yes:

Jacostang
02-12-07, 08:37 AM
I thought that this was rediculous. I mean host this shit in the parking lot if you're trying to have things for kids to do.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/azmpf/DSC01244.jpg
I agree!! I think the track has their priorities out of wack for sure!!

BurnTire
02-12-07, 11:06 AM
I agree!! I think the track has their priorities out of wack for sure!!

I have nothing against the kids with the big wheels, but this was club day not kid day.

AZSonicSnake
02-12-07, 11:37 AM
totally agreed. they had too much to try and pack in one day. and making the kiddie events the main prority was horse crap. we paid 25 bucks to run our cars on the track. not watch other peoples kid ride big wheels. they need to do what the rest of us did, find a freakin baby sitter.

RockysMom
02-12-07, 05:01 PM
I wasnt there but AMEN TO THAT TONY!!!!!

Torchmach
02-12-07, 05:42 PM
Well on a brighter note, The Copperstate Mustang Club had a great Pancake Breakfast at Papago Park. There were a few sprinkles of rain, but no biggie.

03cobrazzz
02-12-07, 09:40 PM
like isaid before i see that happen everywhere its called GREED getting half of your moneys worth and again someone scammed you.support the buisnesses who try to do good buisness.and mark the ones they dont.:woot2:

TRUUBLE
02-12-07, 09:59 PM
totally agreed. they had too much to try and pack in one day. and making the kiddie events the main prority was horse crap. we paid 25 bucks to run our cars on the track. not watch other peoples kid ride big wheels. they need to do what the rest of us did, find a freakin baby sitter.

While I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled the club day when the juniors/big wheels were running, I have to interject regarding the badmouthing of juniors and big wheels.

First, let me tell you that my daughter is a junior racer and my son is a big wheel racer (until he is old enough to drive his junior). Both of my kids are team members of all three tracks (Tucson, Firebird, and Speedworld). So, my kids were some of the kids you guys are complaining about.

Junior racing is a huge financial commitment and a huge time commitment. It provides a good amount of income to the tracks and is highly competitive. The Saturday before club day, I trailered the junior to Tucson so both kids could race.

Beyond that -- and infinitely more important -- is that junior racers represent the future of drag racing. Erica Enders was a junior driver and so was J.R. Todd (who was rookie of the year and won again in Top Fuel Sunday). These kids don't show up at the track because the parents can't find a sitter, they show up because they love to race -- or in the case of my daughter -- LIVE to race.

My daughter sits at home with a practice tree to hone her reaction time and cut .017 and .016 lights in qualifying on Sunday. She's 9 . . . I bet she had better reaction times than anyone on this site.

Like I said . . . I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled a junior race on the same day that clubs were running. But . . . don't dis the juniors. These kids work their butts off to get to the track and are more serious about racing than most "adults."

And .. congrats to my son for his runner-up trophy in big wheels on Sunday . . lol.

My .02

BurnTire
02-12-07, 10:08 PM
Tad
I don't thing anyone has an issue with the Juniors. It was just the fact they were added in well after club days was setup.

The club day was supposed to be this coming Sunday, but they changed the schedule. That interfered with Copperstate Mustang Club attending with their support trailer and we lost about 30 cars due to the change.

Club day is just a time we can race each other. 2 of our members were not allowed to race because of the cramming of too much into the day.

Once again I watch the juniors all the time at the Nationals and have no problems.

03cobrazzz
02-12-07, 10:15 PM
While I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled the club day when the juniors/big wheels were running, I have to interject regarding the badmouthing of juniors and big wheels.

First, let me tell you that my daughter is a junior racer and my son is a big wheel racer (until he is old enough to drive his junior). Both of my kids are team members of all three tracks (Tucson, Firebird, and Speedworld). So, my kids were some of the kids you guys are complaining about.

Junior racing is a huge financial commitment and a huge time commitment. It provides a good amount of income to the tracks and is highly competitive. The Saturday before club day, I trailered the junior to Tucson so both kids could race.

Beyond that -- and infinitely more important -- is that junior racers represent the future of drag racing. Erica Enders was a junior driver and so was J.R. Todd (who was rookie of the year and won again in Top Fuel Sunday). These kids don't show up at the track because the parents can't find a sitter, they show up because they love to race -- or in the case of my daughter -- LIVE to race.

My daughter sits at home with a practice tree to hone her reaction time and cut .017 and .016 lights in qualifying on Sunday. She's 9 . . . I bet she had better reaction times than anyone on this site.

Like I said . . . I agree that Speedworld should not have scheduled a junior race on the same day that clubs were running. But . . . don't dis the juniors. These kids work their butts off to get to the track and are more serious about racing than most "adults."

And .. congrats to my son for his runner-up trophy in big wheels on Sunday . . lol.

My .02i was not blaming the kids for what happened but there was too manny clubs out there.i was at other jr events and it went fine and i enjoy to see that they have fun racing.the point is it was overscduled and the staging girl was in stress due to everybody getting angry about not running and i got her at the wrong moment.i only hope Management is looking into it and is doing some changes to not do this again.Speedworld "PREP THE TRACK" and i dont want to hear there where not enough people to do so do we wait for an accident again before we do it right??????????????

TRUUBLE
02-12-07, 10:19 PM
i was not blaming the kids for what happened but there was too manny clubs out there.i was at other jr events and it went fine and i enjoy to see that they have fun racing.the point is it was overscduled and the staging girl was in stress due to everybody getting angry about not running and i got her at the wrong moment.i only hope Management is looking into it and is doing some changes to not do this again.Speedworld "PREP THE TRACK" and i dont want to hear there where not enough people to do so do we wait for an accident again before we do it right??????????????

I agree. It was poorly managed and the track was not in good shape . . . especially for my car . . lol

AZSonicSnake
02-12-07, 11:15 PM
i am not saying i have anything against kids doing this. but either let the racers know, or try to do it on a day when there is smaller club presance. i will soon have my son doing this sort of thing too. so, its not that i have any issue with the track doing that, just do it at the right time. and not put so many things on one day.

BurnTire
02-13-07, 06:29 PM
I talked to Roland today and I will be in contact with the Race Director soon. I was told this will get fixed. Stay Tuned.

BurnTire
02-14-07, 07:23 PM
I just spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Butch the Race Director at Speedworld. He was very apologetic and wants to make things right with this group. He realizes that Sunday was an overload. The junior dragsters where there because of a previous rain out. They were not expecting the amount of club cars to show up. I told him anytime he see's HPS on the list expect 40-60 cars.

The 60ft time was inop because a motorcycle crashed into it the prior night and they could not get it repaired in time. I was fixed Monday morning.

I also address the track prep issue and he assured me on our next visit that he will spray down the track prior to our cars running.

He offered to have us come out in the future on a Sunday of our choice and regardless of the event we will be given multiple lanes and allowed to race who ever we please.

Stay tuned for more details.

Jeff

fazm
02-14-07, 07:43 PM
if those conditions could be guranteed, it might even get me out to speedworld again

Jacostang
02-14-07, 09:41 PM
Customer service at its best?

Indy
02-14-07, 10:05 PM
I also address the track prep issue and he assured me on our next visit that he will spray down the track prior to our cars running.

He offered to have us come out in the future on a Sunday of our choice and regardless of the event we will be given multiple lanes and allowed to race who ever we please.

Jeff

If they come through with the above statement it would be worth the $25 to race.

50 BMG
02-15-07, 07:53 AM
If they come through with the above statement it would be worth the $25 to race.

Yes it would!

And yes, you just heard me say that...

BLK03SVT
02-15-07, 10:47 AM
And they'll let verts run faster than 13.5...

ok maybe I'm pushin it a bit...

BurnTire
02-15-07, 11:20 AM
And they'll let verts run faster than 13.5...

ok maybe I'm pushin it a bit...

On a club day they tend to let the rules bend. You could go maybe mid 12's.

fazm
02-15-07, 11:54 AM
will they let my v6 go mid 12s?:woot2:

BurnTire
02-15-07, 11:55 AM
will they let my v6 go mid 12s?:woot2:

Coupe or convert?

BLK03SVT
02-15-07, 12:17 PM
They put 13.5 on the ASUSMC's vert on club day....

ASUSMC
02-15-07, 12:51 PM
They put 13.5 on the ASUSMC's vert on club day....

The tech guy was VERY adament in telling me that if I ran faster than a 13.50 they would kick me off the track immediately. It was written on my back window and was told at the tech shed when I got my 13.6 timeslip to be careful.

I think it had to do with the Junior Dragsters being out there. Maybe there was an NHRA official out there and if they see a non-rollbarred vert run a 12 they might get in trouble or something :chase: :rulez:

fazm
02-15-07, 12:53 PM
Coupe or convert?

its a coupe, i was just kiddin :)

im good til 11.49

BurnTire
02-15-07, 01:19 PM
The tech guy was VERY adament in telling me that if I ran faster than a 13.50 they would kick me off the track immediately. It was written on my back window and was told at the tech shed when I got my 13.6 timeslip to be careful.

I think it had to do with the Junior Dragsters being out there. Maybe there was an NHRA official out there and if they see a non-rollbarred vert run a 12 they might get in trouble or something :chase: :rulez:

That is contrary to what Butch the race director told me. He said on normal race program yes the rules apply, but on club day he has no issue will letting you run better than 13.5. Butch is the Boss.

TRUUBLE
02-15-07, 01:39 PM
That is contrary to what Butch the race director told me. He said on normal race program yes the rules apply, but on club day he has no issue will letting you run better than 13.5. Butch is the Boss.

I wonder if that means I can go 9s before I get my chassis certed or my ET license? :icon_cool:

BurnTire
02-15-07, 01:42 PM
I wonder if that means I can go 9s before I get my chassis certed or my ET license? :icon_cool:

That may be pushing it, but they let things slide on club days.

TRUUBLE
02-15-07, 04:20 PM
That may be pushing it, but they let things slide on club days.

I'll prolly be licensed by the time we reschedule, anyway. :icon_cool:

03cobrazzz
02-15-07, 06:17 PM
it looks like it was worth posting this thread and when al the talk is golden we will see!:pinkthumb:

BurnTire
02-15-07, 06:21 PM
it looks like it was worth posting this thread and when al the talk is golden we will see!:pinkthumb:

Butch seems like a very sincere guy. He took full accountability to the fact that Sunday did not go well. I will try to get something setup soon and see how the next event goes.

Rambo
02-15-07, 06:49 PM
I to feel that They tried to put to much in 1 day. As for the kids, we need them involved with the sport because when they reach the age to vote and become lawers and such they will remember the fun they had with the sport! As for speedworld I feel they could have performed a better job with the running of the diffrent classes. They have to remember that that customer services is thier job as well as track prep and safety. I can understand that you can't make everyone happy but they could have came to us at the track and told us that due to the amount of cars,and the rain that they would try and make it up to us at a later date. They were probably some people that left mad and might not be back. Hopefully this won't happen.

fazm
02-15-07, 06:53 PM
I to feel that They tried to put to much in 1 day. As for the kids, we need them involved with the sport because when they reach the age to vote and become lawers and such they will remember the fun they had with the sport! As for speedworld I feel they could have performed a better job with the running of the diffrent classes. They have to remember that that customer services is thier job as well as track prep and safety. I can understand that you can't make everyone happy but they could have came to us at the track and told us that due to the amount of cars,and the rain that they would try and make it up to us at a later date. They were probably some people that left mad and might not be back. Hopefully this won't happen.

last time i went to speedworld i swore id never be back. I was goin down the quarter mile when they announced to turn in your timeslips for the reaction time contest. So i was 15 minutes late. Winner had a .036 avg, i had a .021 avg. gettin gipped out of $200 sucks lol

Rambo
02-15-07, 07:02 PM
last time i went to speedworld i swore id never be back. I was goin down the quarter mile when they announced to turn in your timeslips for the reaction time contest. So i was 15 minutes late. Winner had a .036 avg, i had a .021 avg. gettin gipped out of $200 sucks lol

Yes it does, sometimes things happen. But you still have the knowledge that you were the best that day. That might not be worth $200 to some but I know people that would pay to have that kind of avg. Me being 1. lol.:woot2:

fazm
02-15-07, 07:28 PM
Yes it does, sometimes things happen. But you still have the knowledge that you were the best that day. That might not be worth $200 to some but I know people that would pay to have that kind of avg. Me being 1. lol.:woot2:

ya id go back if they promised those things jeff talked about.

Rambo
02-15-07, 07:47 PM
ya id go back if they promised those things jeff talked about.
I think some of us are going this weekend (Sun) I think? I belive I can make it into the 11's. I won't know until Sat, because we have a trans to put in Sat night for one of my friends.:wave:

cap n crunch
02-15-07, 07:57 PM

Jeff

That would be nice because I drove 63 miles to the track, booged on the first past spun to half track in the same lane 2nd pass at least Firebird is never preped and I have to babby it out evertime, But all in all I had a good time it was good meeting new people and hangin with friends:thbs:

BurnTire
02-15-07, 07:59 PM
That would be nice because I drove 63 miles to the track, booged on the first past spun to half track in the same lane 2nd pass at least Firebird is never preped and I have to babby it out evertime, But all in all I had a good time it was good meeting new people and hangin with friends:thbs:

Cap what car did you have? I'm sorry I don't know if I met you?

cap n crunch
02-15-07, 08:00 PM
03 gt sonic blue and we finally met

AZSonicSnake
02-15-07, 08:06 PM
we talked about that "gt" as we were leaving...member? :pinkthumb:

BurnTire
02-15-07, 08:12 PM
Got it.
Thanks

ASUSMC
02-16-07, 01:27 AM
Cap'n Crunch I don't remember meeting you. I had the Procharged white vert that made a lot of noise!

AZSonicSnake
02-16-07, 08:26 AM
asusmc- you have met him. :yes:

TRUUBLE
02-16-07, 08:34 AM
Cap'n Crunch I don't remember meeting you. I had the Procharged white vert that made a lot of noise!

Dude . . . everyone knows verts don't make noise . . . :rollingfloorrlol:

ASUSMC
02-16-07, 08:39 AM
Dude . . . everyone knows verts don't make noise . . . :rollingfloorrlol:
I actually never got to thank you for spilling your trans fluid on the track. I was right behind you and the next to run. I had a nice hot spot to launch from. Now I just gotta be not afraid to drive the car for what it's worth

TRUUBLE
02-16-07, 08:48 AM
I actually never got to thank you for spilling your trans fluid on the track. I was right behind you and the next to run. I had a nice hot spot to launch from. Now I just gotta be not afraid to drive the car for what it's worth

My deepest apologies. The trans fluid came out of the vent on my C4. That problem has now been remedied by the installation of a vent line that goes all the way to the engine compartment.

ASUSMC
02-16-07, 09:09 AM
No thats cool I actually got traction!!!! Hopefully this Sunday I can get traction too but of course I will have some DR's. My goal is to get kicked off the track and get a 12 second time slip.

TRUUBLE
02-16-07, 10:26 AM
No thats cool I actually got traction!!!! Hopefully this Sunday I can get traction too but of course I will have some DR's. My goal is to get kicked off the track and get a 12 second time slip.

Ok . . lol. So I guess you got traction because they cleaned the track right before you launched and my car left some good rubber for you. I hate spillin on the track, though. It's embarrassing.

cap n crunch
02-16-07, 11:06 AM

you shouldn't let people you don't know tune your car now should you:biglaugh:

ASUSMC
02-16-07, 11:37 AM
you shouldn't let people you don't know tune your car now should you:biglaugh:

Well maybe the tuner coulda done a good job tuning it in the first place and make it quieter!!!! :wave: :rollingfloorrlol:

cap n crunch
02-16-07, 01:40 PM
don't dogs usually bark before they bite? it's only fair that you warn people whats up!!

ASUSMC
02-16-07, 01:45 PM
don't dogs usually bark before they bite? it's only fair that you warn people whats up!!

Thats cool I can live with that explanation...

BurnTire
02-16-07, 02:07 PM
LOL:rofl:

BurnTire
02-16-07, 03:32 PM
I am working on a date in March.

I will have a day setup soon.

AZSonicSnake
02-16-07, 04:26 PM
march 3rd = BIG NONO!!!

BurnTire
02-16-07, 04:53 PM
march 3rd = BIG NONO!!!

10th

TRUUBLE
02-16-07, 05:54 PM
I am working on a date in March.

I will have a day setup soon.

Just so you know, the juniors have a double points race on March 4th.

BurnTire
02-16-07, 06:11 PM
Just so you know, the juniors have a double points race on March 4th.

Date will be Saturday the 10th. No juniors.
More details to follow.

Jacostang
02-16-07, 06:25 PM
Test and Tune for the 23rd!!!!!!! Prizes Maybe????:bouncy:

Tortuga
02-16-07, 06:40 PM
Date will be Saturday the 10th. No juniors.
More details to follow.
Saturday?

BurnTire
02-16-07, 09:57 PM
Next Event is Saturday 3-10-07

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2382

TRUUBLE
02-16-07, 11:24 PM
I'll be there.

BurnTire
02-16-07, 11:39 PM
I'll be there.