PDA

View Full Version : Weird noise

Blueovalboy
03-10-07, 05:53 PM
I have a concern about a noise I here coming from somewhere under the car. It happens when i am cruising down the Highway turning anywhere from 2000 rpms to 2700. It sounds kinda like a loud humming noise but if I gas it it goes away. I am not sure if it goes away or if I cant hear it when I gas it. It could be a natural noise the car makes but I have never had a car like this so I am not sure. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

BLK03SVT
03-10-07, 06:12 PM
I have a similar noise, and it's my rearend. It's a loud humming noise that comes in and out with throttle application. I guess ford doesn't know how to install gears, as I have heard several people complain about this, even with unmodded cars. I know one thing- it's annoying as hell.

Blueovalboy
03-10-07, 06:40 PM
Tell me about it

mk028
03-13-07, 09:18 AM
You guys may have the same problem I had or yours may be completely different because I dont know much about cars. I had a very simular experiance to what you are telling us. I would experience a "humming" noice that would come from my back end but would disapear when I stepped on the gas. What it turned out to be was a component of my???? I forgot what it is called. Its a part that connects your wheels to your IRS. If you want any info from me let me know and I will get the paperwork for the repair out of my files and give you the exact information.