PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this?

Radeon
01-08-06, 09:51 AM
I was thinking that our club might need to be alittle more organized. Maybe we could do the typical car club thing and elect certain members to have certain responsibilities, etc. Someone responsible for organizing events, someone responsible for fundraising, someone responsible for promoting the club etc. I would also like to be able to get shirts, hats, stickers, etc for club members. This isnt exactly cheap, so we need to figure out a way to raise money for our club. As of right now, all the donations that we've recieved have covered the cost of web hosting until September of 2006, so hosting cost will not become an issue for awhile. Just a few suggestions. Let me know what you guys think.

Ryan

Cougar
01-08-06, 10:04 AM
I think it?s a good idea

50 BMG
01-08-06, 12:20 PM
I can organize events, since I usually do anyways...

Gene
01-08-06, 01:51 PM
i hope we can follow through on this idea

50 BMG
01-08-06, 03:05 PM
I will on the organization part whether it's my official position or not. I've been doing it for about 6 months now anyways...

Radeon
01-08-06, 07:08 PM
Anyone else wanna volunteer for anything?

sovapid
01-08-06, 08:57 PM
I can help out with anything related to the website, coding, adding new functionality etc.

since i'm currently applying/interviewing for new jobs, my resume is all up to date:

http://www.seannewby.com/site/?ActionClass=ResumeAction

-sean

Coild1
01-09-06, 08:49 AM
I think that would be a great idea. I currently belong to a Jeep club and we charge members an annual fee of $40, but we get a lot of stuff through out the year. But if we get enough member, maybe we can charge a small membership fee so we could get shirts, hats, etc.

blacksunshine
01-09-06, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't mind helping set up track days or dyno days....

I also think a club car wash or something of the sort would help.

Venomous Bite
01-09-06, 10:31 AM
I say that all money won racing during a club meet must be donated to the club. Or 10% of all money won racing regard less of it being a club meet should be donated kind of like church, or not I don't care.

Gene
01-09-06, 10:40 AM
I say that all money won racing during a club meet must be donated to the club. Or 10% of all money won racing regard less of it being a club meet should be donated kind of like church, or not I don't care.

LOL! Drag race tithing. I've never raced for money and dont plan on it either. I've already made a donation, and if all members were to donate 25 bucks, we would have our shirts and hats by now.

50 BMG
01-09-06, 11:42 AM
...if all members were to donate 25 bucks, we would have our shirts and hats by now.

Winner!

Cough Cough *ahem* gene and I need donor tags *ahem* Cough Cough

Radeon
01-10-06, 04:06 PM
...if all members were to donate 25 bucks, we would have our shirts and hats by now.

Winner!

Cough Cough *ahem* gene and I need donor tags *ahem* Cough Cough

Sounds like a winner to me....

Gene
01-10-06, 04:58 PM
Ryan, is there anyway to put "donor" in the avitar of memebers that have donated? This might spark some interest.

sovapid
01-10-06, 06:03 PM
and maybe a sticky on how to donate?

i'll through some cash in the pot.

Radeon
01-10-06, 09:44 PM
Ryan, is there anyway to put "donor" in the avitar of memebers that have donated? This might spark some interest.

Yeah, Im sure there is a way. Im not planning on doing much of anything this weekend but updating this website and working on a some details to get my business going.

Ryan

Radeon
01-10-06, 09:56 PM

The donate link is on the sites main page. I will post a sticky this weekend when I update the entire site. I plan on getting with Kyle in the next week or so and discussing some ideas for the website, etc.

Ryan

Akuma
01-11-06, 12:25 PM

The donate link is on the sites main page. I will post a sticky this weekend when I update the entire site. I plan on getting with Kyle in the next week or so and discussing some ideas for the website, etc.

Ryan

This weekend wont be good for me.

mattz03svt
02-04-06, 07:33 PM
+1 on the idea that club members chip in $25 to get the club rolling. If you think about it that is only admission and 4 lap dances at a "gentlemens club". If I can "help put a poor college girl through school", I can promote a car club that I am interested in. So $25 is on the way!

Dan
03-04-06, 05:34 PM
hey I donated too ........... ..I..

Radeon
03-11-06, 03:16 AM

Starting April 1st, there will be a system in place to "reward" those who donate. I have a rough draft of my idea posted here. It's a similiar system of a site I came across. Tell me what you think.

Ryan

www.arizonacobras.com/supporter.html

Coild1
03-11-06, 12:02 PM
I like that idea and would definetly support the club. If we give a donation now will it count towards those rewards?

Radeon
03-11-06, 01:22 PM
I like that idea and would definetly support the club. If we give a donation now will it count towards those rewards?

Everyone who has donated thus far will be Platinum Members.