PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Ford

Jacostang
03-11-07, 08:54 PM
Why oh why can't they sell this in the states!!!!!!!!
As if we Americans weren’t already jealous of our Aussie neighbors down under because they have the ear of Ford’s performance Gods, the latest special edition Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) Falcon GT will add to the envy.
Much rumored to show insight to future Ford vehicles in America including a new rear wheel sedan and we can only hope for the next generation 2010 Mustang, the Australian Ford Falcon is a rich helping of muscle car power and Euro car chassis dynamics that we have not had in America, well forever.
The new Aussie Ford Falcon GT 40th Anniversary edition has been built to celebrate 40 years of the Falcon’s performance legacy. The Falcon is to Australian automotive mavens as Mustang is to enthusiasts in the States. It is their beloved pony car, and their performance icon. The car has a long history in OZ, winning races at Bathurst and topping sales in the showrooms.
The Ford Falcon GT 40th Anniversary edition features black exterior paint with gold LeMans stripes and special side stripe graphics. Under the hood is the Boss 290 5.4 liter DOHC 32 Valve V8. The name “290” comes from its power rating of 290 Kilowatts at 5500 rpm. Converted to horsepower that is about 388.
The base Falcon is already a car with a commendable performance and handling pedigree. The FPV models come with a special FPV stainless steel exhaust system complete with tubular headers. Behind the Boss 290 is a close ratio 6 speed transmission with high torque clutch. To add insult to injury, Aussie buyers can select a ZF 6-Speed sequential shift transmission as a no-cost option.

RockysMom
03-11-07, 09:29 PM
Now thats one nice looking ride whooo hooooo:pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

HIKER
03-11-07, 10:17 PM
That'll look good next to my Hertz Shelby.........lol

Jacostang
03-11-07, 10:23 PM
I would love to have that anyday!!!

BurnTire
03-12-07, 12:45 AM
I'll take one.

RockysMom
03-12-07, 08:59 AM
Hey wait, It has 4 doors I just noticed, hmmmmm makes it look more like a sedan that way.