PDA

View Full Version : AZ Mustangs Track Rental 4-7-07

BurnTire
03-15-07, 12:44 PM
THIS EVENT IS SPONSORED BY AZ MUSTANGS. BELOW IS THE DETAILS FROM AZM.

This is a Track Rental !!!!!

We will be having a track day on 4-7-07 at Speed world All cars are welcome, I have it setup with some friends of the family, so that there will be some {at least 2} prototype Mustangs out there from Ford.
We will have some classes as well as time only runs. We will have a lot of lenience as for TECH. I told the track that there are a good amount of cars in the club that are faster then the rules will let them run. We came to the agreement that I will determine if a car can continue to run if it brakes out of its allowed time or speed. Pretty, if you are fast, but keep it safe and not get stupid out there then you will be able to run all day, We also have permission to have road course cars run so if you have a road car please bring it... the classes will be HEADS UP.. Soon as I get together with some other board members I will post up the classes and there guidelines ... Note that I say guidelines we are doing this for one reason only TO HAVE FUN!!!! If there is any money leftover from the gate fees after I pay for the track, then it will go to the winners of the classes, and if we have enough people that won’t to do a small car show then to the winner of that too...... There will be trophies as well. For all classes as well as fastest reaction time. I have never done this before and hope when the day is over I am not broke and everyone had a lot of fun... if you have any ideas please feel free to PM. me and let me know by a reply if you are going to attend the event... REMEMBER ALL CARS ARE WELCOME..

GATE FEE WILL BE THE NORMAL AND TO RUN ONE OF OUR HEADS UP EVENTS IT WILL BE AN EXTRA $ 10.00
Gates open at 8 AM sign up for the heads up well end at 10:15 AM First race 11:30 AM.

Directions
http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/directions.htm

ASUSMC
03-15-07, 01:40 PM
This is a complete track rental or a test and tune with our own lanes again? Either way I will be going even if I don't run cause of lack of clutch. Just wonderin.

BurnTire
03-15-07, 02:14 PM
I will get the details if it is an outright rental soon.

BurnTire
03-15-07, 10:55 PM
I just confirmed this is a Track Rental.

Please re vote on the poll. I had to make a change and current votes have been lost.

Indy
03-16-07, 01:37 AM
Sounds like a good time. I'll vote when I know if I can make it.

BurnTire
03-16-07, 10:02 AM
Tell that Devin Character you are going. LOL :biglaugh:

ASUSMC
03-16-07, 10:41 AM
I voted. I am goin. Won't be running, stock clutch is holding street driving for now and I don't have the money for the other clutch quite yet.

Indy
03-16-07, 05:52 PM
Tell that Devin Character you are going. LOL :biglaugh:

LOL :bounce:

Its not Devin, it all depends on if I can find someone to watch my son for the day because my wife works on the weekends.

BurnTire
03-17-07, 11:11 AM
OK Everyone this is a Track Rental.

03cobrazzz
03-20-07, 09:02 PM
OK Everyone this is a Track Rental.

Only Mustangs. they should take donations like $10 each and $10for the racing fee to recover the rental fee and hhave prize money.:woot2: im in

fazm
03-20-07, 09:11 PM
nope, always workin saturdays..

BurnTire
03-20-07, 09:32 PM
they should take donations like $10 each and $10for the racing fee to recover the rental fee and hhave prize money.:woot2: im in

The normal entry fee applies at the gate.
I will get more info on prizes and payouts.

vicious781
03-20-07, 09:42 PM
I can't vote on this poll Jeff because everytime I say Im going to race, something ends up happening. I have the day off so I will try to be there, but I fear I might be stuck down by lighting or possibly a comet this time.

BurnTire
03-20-07, 10:06 PM
I can't vote on this poll Jeff because everytime I say Im going to race, something ends up happening. I have the day off so I will try to be there, but I fear I might be stuck down by lighting or possibly a comet this time.

LOL Maybe my car will be back together by then.

BurnTire
03-21-07, 03:07 PM
Ok I just got the word all cars are welcome.
So you can bring an F-body, Corvette, Yugo, Etc.

ASUSMC
03-21-07, 03:12 PM
Yugo FTW!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.carniola.org/photos/uncategorized/yugo_monster.jpg

BurnTire
03-21-07, 03:28 PM
It has a cage. Its legal.

BurnTire
03-21-07, 03:28 PM
I am taking this.

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/521/nitrous1wx9.png

ASUSMC
03-21-07, 03:31 PM
I don't think you would pass tech... Just a guess

TRUUBLE
03-21-07, 05:27 PM
I don't think you would pass tech... Just a guess

Why not? I pass tech in my jalope . . . :biglaugh:

notched306
03-21-07, 06:07 PM
just how lenient is tech gonna be?i still need to order my kill switch and put it in and a fire jacket.if i come up from tucson will i be ok with out those?

BurnTire
03-21-07, 06:15 PM
just how lenient is tech gonna be?i still need to order my kill switch and put it in and a fire jacket.if i come up from tucson will i be ok with out those?

What does you car run?
It is a rental so they will be more laid back.

notched306
03-21-07, 07:52 PM
What does you car run?
It is a rental so they will be more laid back.

i dont know.havent ran it yet.im guessing mid 12's to mid 11's.

BurnTire
03-22-07, 08:19 PM
i dont know.havent ran it yet.im guessing mid 12's to mid 11's.

Just say you run 12's and you should be fine. If you have an aftermarket power adder you will need the jacket.

BurnTire
03-22-07, 08:25 PM
THIS EVENT IS SPONSORED BY AZ MUSTANGS. BELOW IS THE DETAILS FROM AZM.

This is a Track Rental !!!!!

We will be having a track day on 4-7-07 at Speed world All cars are welcome, I have it setup with some friends of the family, so that there will be some {at least 2} prototype Mustangs out there from Ford.
We will have some classes as well as time only runs. We will have a lot of lenience as for TECH. I told the track that there are a good amount of cars in the club that are faster then the rules will let them run. We came to the agreement that I will determine if a car can continue to run if it brakes out of its allowed time or speed. Pretty, if you are fast, but keep it safe and not get stupid out there then you will be able to run all day, We also have permission to have road course cars run so if you have a road car please bring it... the classes will be HEADS UP.. Soon as I get together with some other board members I will post up the classes and there guidelines ... Note that I say guidelines we are doing this for one reason only TO HAVE FUN!!!! If there is any money leftover from the gate fees after I pay for the track, then it will go to the winners of the classes, and if we have enough people that won’t to do a small car show then to the winner of that too...... There will be trophies as well. For all classes as well as fastest reaction time. I have never done this before and hope when the day is over I am not broke and everyone had a lot of fun... if you have any ideas please feel free to PM. me and let me know by a reply if you are going to attend the event... REMEMBER ALL CARS ARE WELCOME..

GATE FEE WILL BE THE NORMAL AND TO RUN ONE OF OUR HEADS UP EVENTS IT WILL BE AN EXTRA $ 10.00
Gates open at 8 AM sign up for the heads up well end at 10:15 AM First race 11:30 AM.

Directions

Stangme
03-22-07, 08:50 PM
I'm about 75% there, still need to get a freakin helmet

BurnTire
03-22-07, 09:24 PM
Directions to the track

BurnTire
03-22-07, 09:25 PM
I'm about 75% there, still need to get a freakin helmet

Dynojoe on this site sells helmets at a good price.

ASUSMC
03-23-07, 08:20 AM
Dynojoe on this site sells helmets at a good price.

Yes he does. That is where I got mine. I highly recommend him

Craig
03-23-07, 10:07 AM
I'm going to try and make it. Only have a CAI on the car but the one time I ran it I could only slip slide to a 14.2, need a 13 :sticktonge:

C0braFan
03-23-07, 11:56 AM
No can do....NASA DE1 racing going on at Firebird that day. Good luck with the event.

AZSonicSnake
03-23-07, 12:08 PM
No can do....NASA DE1 racing going on at Firebird that day. Good luck with the event.

sweetness, take some pictures!

C0braFan
03-23-07, 12:18 PM
sweetness, take some pictures!

Okay, I'll post them on the forum! I'm also attending DE3/4 racing at PIR this Sunday, the 25th, and will post some photos/videos from that as well.

Please post photos of your Speedworld event here afterward!

99_venom
03-23-07, 01:15 PM
If I bring the Cobra out on the trailer can I run the tow truck?
The tow truck is faster :icon_cool:

AZSonicSnake
03-23-07, 01:42 PM
Okay, I'll post them on the forum! I'm also attending DE3/4 racing at PIR this Sunday, the 25th, and will post some photos/videos from that as well.

Please post photos of your Speedworld event here afterward!

sounds like a fair trade sir! will do. :veryhappy:

99_venom- sure, run em both!!

vicious781
03-23-07, 08:28 PM
If I bring the Cobra out on the trailer can I run the tow truck?
The tow truck is faster :icon_cool:

Good god what do you have done to your Cobra to run that timeslip?

AZSonicSnake
03-23-07, 08:32 PM
if i remember correctly, he's got some giggle juice...:twothumbsup:

TRUUBLE
03-24-07, 11:10 AM
I will definitely be there.

Beyond that, I will be taking the beast off of it's leash!!:woot2:

Should be a lot of fun!!

BurnTire
03-24-07, 11:27 AM
Ok I would like to get at least 20 cars there. Spread the word. Any car is welcome. So you buddy with a non Ford can attend!!

TRUUBLE
03-24-07, 11:31 AM
There WILL be trophies. And, it's looking like there will be a class for everyone.

BurnTire
03-24-07, 11:38 AM
Yes Trophies and AZM is going to set come classes, but keep it fun.

ASUSMC
03-26-07, 08:33 AM
Maybe I will have a clutch by then and it may be broken in.... Kinda doubt it tho :dunno:

TRUUBLE
03-26-07, 02:26 PM
Maybe I will have a clutch by then and it may be broken in.... Kinda doubt it tho :dunno:

Break that bad chicken in at the track!!! :Bucktooth:

The only clutch that ever survived my car when it was a 5 speed was the Ram 6 puck sintered iron piece. No break in required.

BurnTire
03-28-07, 09:41 PM
Looks like I will have the car done. So hopefully I will not be a photographer again.

BurnTire
03-28-07, 09:42 PM

Rev up-- Let out-- Broken In.

No break in on my clutch. LOL

TRUUBLE
03-28-07, 11:53 PM
Looks like I will have the car done. So hopefully I will not be a photographer again.

That's great news, Jeff!!

BurnTire
03-29-07, 12:17 AM
That's great news, Jeff!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have the car ready.

Indy
03-29-07, 12:59 AM
I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have the car ready.

I know how that goes, good luck getting it together in time.

BurnTire
03-29-07, 10:45 AM
I know how that goes, good luck getting it together in time.

I am a half shaft pro. LOL

It took me 15 minutes to get both sides off last time.

Indy
03-29-07, 08:19 PM
I was refering to having all the parts in time. Your right BurnTire, swapping half shafts is a breeze even for someone like me. LOL

BurnTire
03-29-07, 08:22 PM
I was refering to having all the parts in time. Your right BurnTire, swapping half shafts is a breeze even for someone like me. LOL

I have the UPS tracking number. I just hope they work this time. :biglaugh:

BurnTire
03-29-07, 08:39 PM
Calling all members.

This is a rental.

It looks like there are about 40 cars so far total.

It will be a good time with no B.S.

Signup and Tell your friends. Any make of muscle car is welcome.

Indy
03-29-07, 10:10 PM
I hope the track is sticky this time, or it could be my last trip to SW.

AZSonicSnake
03-30-07, 12:05 AM
i would have to agree with indy, only reason not is, fireslick has never hooked once for me. speedworld has a few times. ugh...

BurnTire
03-30-07, 12:11 AM
My best times have been at the bird.
I guess it is hit or miss.

TRUUBLE
03-30-07, 12:16 AM
I hope the track is sticky this time, or it could be my last trip to SW.

The track WILL be sticky. The track prep is being personally supervised by the race organizers.

I have been assured that the track will be prepped well enough for my car to run all out. :Devious:

Oh . . . by the way . . . there will be free pens with every tech card!!!!

BurnTire
03-30-07, 12:30 AM
The track WILL be sticky. The track prep is being personally supervised by the race organizers.

I have been assured that the track will be prepped well enough for my car to run all out. :Devious:

Oh . . . by the way . . . there will be free pens with every tech card!!!!

Free Pen. I gotta get my car done:biglaugh:

AZSonicSnake
03-30-07, 12:31 AM
good to hear! guess i best bring my game face and bust out that 11 i have been tryin to get...:bounce:

TRUUBLE
03-30-07, 01:27 PM
good to hear! guess i best bring my game face and bust out that 11 i have been tryin to get...:bounce:

No worries . . . if you can't bust out an 11 second pass, I'll tow ya!! :laughing1:

AZSonicSnake
03-30-07, 01:37 PM
TOO FUNNY!! knowin' me, i'll probably have to take you up on that. lol. my 3700lb bohemouth souldn't slow ya down much. :laughing: :hi:

TRUUBLE
03-30-07, 01:41 PM
TOO FUNNY!! knowin' me, i'll probably have to take you up on that. lol. my 3700lb bohemouth souldn't slow ya down much. :laughing: :hi:

lol . . mine weighed 3825 (and ran 11.22) before I hacked it up. :icon_cool:

5.0Stanger
03-31-07, 05:59 PM
I heard from 99_venom that you all were having this track rental on the 7th. Funny thing, I called the offices at Speedworld and asked about a club day for the same day, for the local SVTOA chapter. Frankly, we don't have a problem with anything your group is doing. I requested the date back in January, that's all. I thought something was odd, when I saw that AZ Mustangs were on the same date on Speedworld's schedule. Then, yesterday, it's not. Just a test-n-tune day and our club day/web address is on that date. Obviously, your rental is still a go, just not advertised on the track's website.

Back to the point, we're planning on a few of our members coming out with their Cobras, Lightnings, and GT500s. I hope my bringing this to Burntire's attention doesn't rub anyone wrong. I don't think it's going to impact either club's plan. I was planning on calling the office manager at Speedworld, to confirm/clear up any of this. But, I don't really think this is necessary. Just as long as the people taking the money, at the gate, don't get it crossed up. We're planning on having the dedicated lane to run from, our own area in the pits, etc. Again, we were under the impression that the track was just having a test-n-tune for that date. I'll pass the option of running any of your classes to our membership, if that's ok with Burntire. Burntire, toss me an e-mail to let me know what you think about this. I haven't heard anything on my end, until today. Sorry for any mix-up this may cause.

Thanks,
Tom

BurnTire
03-31-07, 06:07 PM
I heard from 99_venom that you all were having this track rental on the 7th. Funny thing, I called the offices at Speedworld and asked about a club day for the same day, for the local SVTOA chapter. Frankly, we don't have a problem with anything your group is doing. I requested the date back in January, that's all. I thought something was odd, when I saw that AZ Mustangs were on the same date on Speedworld's schedule. Then, yesterday, it's not. Just a test-n-tune day and our club day/web address is on that date. Obviously, your rental is still a go, just not advertised on the track's website.

Back to the point, we're planning on a few of our members coming out with their Cobras, Lightnings, and GT500s. I hope my bringing this to Burntire's attention doesn't rub anyone wrong. I don't think it's going to impact either club's plan. I was planning on calling the office manager at Speedworld, to confirm/clear up any of this. But, I don't really think this is necessary. Just as long as the people taking the money, at the gate, don't get it crossed up. We're planning on having the dedicated lane to run from, our own area in the pits, etc. Again, we were under the impression that the track was just having a test-n-tune for that date. I'll pass the option of running any of your classes to our membership, if that's ok with Burntire. Burntire, toss me an e-mail to let me know what you think about this. I haven't heard anything on my end, until today. Sorry for any mix-up this may cause.

Thanks,
Tom

AZ Mustangs is renting the track not HPS. So your not offending any of us. I don't know what the deal is. I was told it is a rental and AZ Mustangs paid $5,000 for the track, but they also have said all cars are welcome. Regardless I just want a prepped track and a good time.

HPS is planning a rental in the Fall in conjunction with the Copperstate Mustang Club Car Show.

Welcome to the Site.

5.0Stanger
03-31-07, 06:19 PM
AZ Mustangs is renting the track not HPS. So your not offending any of us. I don't know what the deal is. I was told it is a rental and AZ Mustangs paid $5,000 for the track, but they also have said all cars are welcome. Regardless I just want a prepped track and a good time.

HPS is planning a rental in the Fall in conjunction with the Copperstate Mustang Club Car Show.

Welcome to the Site.

Oh, ok. Well, I called my person at Speedworld, just to see what she knew about it. She told me that AZ Mustangs isn't the one that's paying the money, so they didn't want AZ Mustangs' name on the schedule. Either way, I was, also, told that someone from AZ Mustangs called the SVTOA chapter that I am a member of to inform them of the rental. They didn't (from what I've heard) know about the change. I'm the contact for the event. I told that to my person at the track. She's going to have someone from the group that's putting up the money for the rental (read: the renters) call me with any other contact info. Dang, logistical clusterjams suck. At least, the two clubs don't mind using the same track. I was assured from my person at the track that we'd get our lanes and pit area. So, either way, it's still a good deal. If any of your membership would like to check out what our local SVTOA chapter has to offer, feel free to check with one of our members. I have it from the horse's mouth (heh) that our chapter president is going to bring his '07 GT500 out for some runs. He admitted to me that he's a bit rusty at the dragstrip (read: runs road courses mainly), so this should be a good show. Feel free to drop me a line, if anything changes. I don't know if anyone from the AZ Mustangs club will call me or not. And, any contact is better than no contact, right?

Thanks,
Tom

BurnTire
03-31-07, 06:24 PM
I posted a link to this thread on the AZM forum. So we can get some resolve to this situation. As long as we have some fun I think we will be fine.

TRUUBLE
03-31-07, 08:34 PM
FWIW . . . I know that AZ Mustangs rented the track because I was involved in it. PM me your number and I'll have Pete or Chris give you a call.

TRUUBLE
03-31-07, 08:42 PM
Tom:

Please call Butch at Speedworld at 602-339-7072, and/or Pete from AZM at 602-743-0040 for clarification about what is going on on the 7th.

Thanks

Tad

5.0Stanger
03-31-07, 08:49 PM
Tom:

Please call Butch at Speedworld at 602-339-7072, and/or Jeff from AZM at 602-743-0040 for clarification about what is going on on the 7th.

Thanks

Tad

Thanks, Tad. I already talked to Victoria. She said she'd get in touch with whoever is running it all at AZM and have them call me. She already talked to Butch. He said everything was to work out ok. So, I'm just waiting for AZM's people to call me. I'll try to call Jeff, if I don't hear anything from them by, say, Wednesday. No big deal either way.

TRUUBLE
03-31-07, 08:54 PM
Thanks, Tad. I already talked to Victoria. She said she'd get in touch with whoever is running it all at AZM and have them call me. She already talked to Butch. He said everything was to work out ok. So, I'm just waiting for AZM's people to call me. I'll try to call Jeff, if I don't hear anything from them by, say, Wednesday. No big deal either way.

My bad . . I meant to type Pete, not Jeff. Getting my names confused as usual.

I just got off the phone with Pete and he would appreciate a call if you can call him.

Thanks

Tad

5.0Stanger
03-31-07, 08:56 PM
My bad . . I meant to type Pete, not Jeff. Getting my names confused as usual.

I just got off the phone with Pete and he would appreciate a call if you can call him.

Thanks

Tad

Ok...thanks.

50 BMG
04-02-07, 08:33 PM
Guys and gals this has just been turned into a benefit for Chris Eades and his family. All support greatly appreciated. Details below:

http://www.azstreetscene.com/ipbforum/index.php?showtopic=2777&hl=