PDA

View Full Version : Detailing the engine

RockysMom
03-18-07, 03:04 PM
I was hoping someone could help me out, I want to buy some detailing stuff for the engine, IE hoses etc.. Something that will protect the aweful drying out. I was told once but forgot what it was. Any information would be great. I need to get some stuff before the show, Thanks bunches T:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BurnTire
03-18-07, 03:45 PM
I hit my engine with simple green clean.

Then use a light water mist to clean it off.

Then Spray Tire Foam on anything that is rubber or plastic for the shine.

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/500/P9100071.JPG

06BlackGT
03-21-07, 04:47 AM
When applying water to the engine do you have to cover anything up to protect it from the water? Or by using light misting pressure not hurt anything

BurnTire
03-21-07, 10:59 AM
When applying water to the engine do you have to cover anything up to protect it from the water? Or by using light misting pressure not hurt anything

The Light Mist will not hurt anything. You obvoiusly don't want to get the airfilter wet.
I also use the air gun to blow all the water off after I mist it.

50 BMG
03-21-07, 11:56 AM
I use F-21. I very, very rarely spray anything onto my car (then again it's only been water washed twice). I spray it on the rag/shammy then wipe.

Olivas
03-21-07, 10:51 PM
Watch the Simple Green on the aluminum. Discussion about it over here: http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57271

I know that cobra's have a cast iron block but the heads are still aluminum. The mach engines are all aluminum, and I believe the '05 and up motors are as well.

BurnTire
03-22-07, 01:29 PM
I never really hit the motor with the simple green. It is usually just around the firewall. the rest is just a light mist of water and air gun.

2000shadowstang
03-28-07, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know of a very good repututable engine detailer in the SW Valley..I am sure this was mentioned before.

I really like to get this done for the show on Sat

Thanks

scarpi
05-04-07, 10:00 AM
Basically, I use a dilute solution of Simple Green in a spray bottle to keep my engine bay clean. Everytime I wash my car I use it under the hood. Just spray it on and wipe it off and it seems to keep it all very clean.