PDA

View Full Version : Drags Before Rock & Roll Pony Show???

Olivas
03-18-07, 10:43 PM
Is there going to be a Copperstate night of racing before the upcoming car show? I thought I remembered hearing 3/23 @ Firebird, but now can't find anything about it.

BurnTire
03-18-07, 10:46 PM
We are waiting for someone from Firebird to call us back.

Jacostang
03-18-07, 11:30 PM
Yes,
Planning on This friday the 23rd but waiting to see about the trailer...

RockysMom
03-18-07, 11:31 PM
Oh cool Dave, Have they done anything to the trailer yet? I for sure will be there, We gonna cook again? Let me know pweaseeee :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

RockysMom
03-18-07, 11:48 PM
Can you make sure you have Matt put a date in the calendar for this too please? Tanks

AZSonicSnake
03-18-07, 11:52 PM
after hearing about the crap track prep at firebird this last friday, i will not attend if its held at firebird. even at nopi this weekend the track prep looked like crap.

fazm
03-19-07, 12:43 AM
who said track prep was crap on friday? i was babying the launch and pullin 1.8 60's with my v6 on drag radials (no wrinkle wall et streets)

Jacostang
03-19-07, 09:46 AM
Just got to find out today and to put it all together...Need to find someone to pull the trailer and things like that.. My friend who has a 57 Pick up that does a besst 8.87 said the track last week was better than he has seen it in a long time and was very good to run on.... Just FYI.

fazm
03-19-07, 11:05 AM
Just got to find out today and to put it all together...Need to find someone to pull the trailer and things like that.. My friend who has a 57 Pick up that does a besst 8.87 said the track last week was better than he has seen it in a long time and was very good to run on.... Just FYI.

exactly. ive never seen firebird prepped as well as it has been the past 2 weeks. its like launching on glue.

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 12:33 PM
hmmm.....well, if it can happen this friday (decent track prep), maybe i might trust it. otherwise, since i have been going to firebird its been a waste of my money and gas....

BurnTire
03-19-07, 02:04 PM
hmmm.....well, if it can happen this friday (decent track prep), maybe i might trust it. otherwise, since i have been going to firebird its been a waste of my money and gas....

Get some slicks or ET streets and then judge the prep.

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 03:11 PM
the et street radials on the car have gripped on speedworld...soooo....not going full slicks till i have more power. if i have to stick to speedworld, so be it...

BurnTire
03-19-07, 03:43 PM
the et street radials on the car have gripped on speedworld...soooo....not going full slicks till i have more power. if i have to stick to speedworld, so be it...

What is your best 60ft time?

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 03:52 PM

BurnTire
03-19-07, 04:34 PM

Not bad.

That was about the best I could get out of drag radials.

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 04:46 PM
to be honest, i am happy with it. that was one hell of a pull for me. and till i get more power, i don't think it will get too much lower. and that was alos launching the car at 3 k, so i have room for improvement.

BurnTire
03-19-07, 05:00 PM
to be honest, i am happy with it. that was one hell of a pull for me. and till i get more power, i don't think it will get too much lower. and that was alos launching the car at 3 k, so i have room for improvement.

I can tell you if we bolt my 28" slicks on your car and you leave at 6000 you will pull at least a high 1.5

That will be a super pull. LOL

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 05:05 PM
yea, but i need to have a little more money in the "my car broke because i run slicks" fund before i bolt on those bad boys...

BurnTire
03-19-07, 05:17 PM
yea, but i need to have a little more money in the "my car broke because i run slicks" fund before i bolt on those bad boys...

Thats right bushing killer:biglaugh:

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 06:23 PM
word. i have trashed a few, and thats not even on slicks yet!! :bounce: