PDA

View Full Version : Tinted the Tail lights

OH3MGSVT
03-19-07, 01:43 AM
I bought Some Model Masters Window Tinting spray and a couple coats later I got these results...
BEFORE:http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/phawkinsaz/before.jpg
AFTER:http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/phawkinsaz/botl.jpg

vicious781
03-19-07, 03:36 AM
Looks good. So have you decided on what the hell you want to do with that car? I was always worried that If I tinted my taillights that someone would rear end me and the cop would deem it my fault.

Gene
03-19-07, 07:39 AM
Looks good. So have you decided on what the hell you want to do with that car? I was always worried that If I tinted my taillights that someone would rear end me and the cop would deem it my fault.

An officer can and will. Good way to get yourself rear ended too since people are idiots and cant see worth of shit anyway.

RockysMom
03-19-07, 08:34 AM
I didnt notice that you tinted the top bar for the brake light so you should be ok, cause that one illuminates also. Looks good!!

Jacostang
03-19-07, 09:51 AM
I really like the look but remember where we live!!! That car load full of Q-tips is right behind you with those big sun block glasses!!!:yes:

OH3MGSVT
03-19-07, 10:42 AM
It actually is somewhat bright when I press on the brakes, its just that dark when its daytime and im cruisin and what not. but at night it looks like I dont even have tint on them, well you can see a little but of the tint but it is still very bright. Oh and I didn't tint my 3rd tail light at the top so if they can see that im braking with all that then they do need glasses, lol.

P.S. oh and Aaron, I decided Im gonna keep my car and eventually do a motor/tranny swap. so if you see any good deals on a 4v and/or a T-56 tranny, let me know :twothumbsup:

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 12:42 PM
damn, looks good. sorry i have been so busy the past few weeks and did not get back to ya last week.

OH3MGSVT
03-19-07, 03:54 PM
damn, looks good. sorry i have been so busy the past few weeks and did not get back to ya last week.

no worries bro, I hate asking people for favors, especially on somethin so simple to do :bash: and I know your busy with your stuff so I hated bugging you about it. but when I get my 4v engine you better help me swap that bad boy in lol:twothumbsup:

AZSonicSnake
03-19-07, 03:58 PM
yup. most definetly man. glad to hear you have decided to hold onto it again. :twothumbsup:

ASUSMC
03-19-07, 04:06 PM
Look for an older Lincoln Mark VIII motor cause they are 4V and build it yourself. You never know how much a cobra motor has been beat on vs. a freshly rebuilt motor and brand new trans!!!!

BTW. Tint looks AWESOME

OH3MGSVT
03-19-07, 07:18 PM
Look for an older Lincoln Mark VIII motor cause they are 4V and build it yourself. You never know how much a cobra motor has been beat on vs. a freshly rebuilt motor and brand new trans!!!!

BTW. Tint looks AWESOME

yeah thats true, will there engine swap in a mustang without any problems? my quest is to get a 4v, whether its iron or aluminum, and swap on at eaton on it, yeah i could go with a centri or what not, but the power goal im looking for can be had from a ported and pullied eaton, which most likely means I will forge internals, but in the mean time I would just run 8-10 psi on the compression thats already there. but anyways, i jsut want a 4v w/ an eaton conversion.

ASUSMC
03-19-07, 10:12 PM
I checked with Dan and he said that the Mark VIII 4V heads are not compatible with Eaton's or any other real type of new Twin Screw... So there went that idea, time to look for a 96-01 Cobra donor car!!!!!

vicious781
03-20-07, 12:18 AM
Aims might sell his engine when he orders his engine from MMR. I will let you know, but that might be a little whiles away.

BurnTire
03-20-07, 12:21 AM
Aims might sell his engine when he orders his engine from MMR. I will let you know, but that might be a little whiles away.

When is Aims going to get signed up on HPS?

ASUSMC
03-20-07, 01:01 AM
Definitely. I'm hopin my motor lasts at least a year or two so I can save up quite a bit. I want a 5.0 stroker 4V with a twin screw + spray. Turbos are cool and all but too much unpredictability.

I need a black car so I can do a kick ass tail light tint cause that really is pretty sexy.