PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to Firebird this friday the 24th?

99_venom
03-19-07, 09:57 PM
I was planning to take the truck up there and see if I could get a littler lower into the 11's. Have a buddy brining his foxbody.

Olivas
03-19-07, 10:52 PM
Maybe....

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95

RockysMom
03-19-07, 11:13 PM
THis friday is the pre show drags, Copperstate will be there, well a bunch of us anyhow. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

99_venom
03-20-07, 07:42 AM
THis friday is the pre show drags, Copperstate will be there, well a bunch of us anyhow. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I had this in my calendar but didn't see anything on the website about it. That is why I was asking. Invited a buddy to go racing then didn't see anything in the CopperState calendar. I am confused :tearsofjoy:

Hey Rocky'sMom, when do you want help with the March 31st car show? Pat and I volunteered but we haven't heard anything about it. We missed the meeting on the 11th (it was our anniversary and we went out) so maybe you can fill us in as to what you want us to do.

Jim

RockysMom
03-20-07, 07:51 AM
I had this in my calendar but didn't see anything on the website about it. That is why I was asking. Invited a buddy to go racing then didn't see anything in the CopperState calendar. I am confused :tearsofjoy:

Hey Rocky'sMom, when do you want help with the March 31st car show? Pat and I volunteered but we haven't heard anything about it. We missed the meeting on the 11th (it was our anniversary and we went out) so maybe you can fill us in as to what you want us to do.

Jim
Yeah, I know it was not in the calendar, The contact for firebird just got back to Dave, Thats why I put it here, there is a poll on it. As for the show I have you guys down as helping with the food. IE cooking etc.. I also need to know if you guys want to buy a volunteer shirt they are only 10.00 and will come in Black or Pink. Please let me know asap.

99_venom
03-20-07, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I know it was not in the calendar, The contact for firebird just got back to Dave, Thats why I put it here, there is a poll on it. As for the show I have you guys down as helping with the food. IE cooking etc.. I also need to know if you guys want to buy a volunteer shirt they are only 10.00 and will come in Black or Pink. Please let me know asap.
PM Sent...

Jacostang
03-20-07, 09:31 AM
Still trying to find the ride for the trailer but we'll be there!!

99_venom
03-20-07, 10:23 AM
Still trying to find the ride for the trailer but we'll be there!!
You looking for a trailer to haul your car or something to pull a trailer?

AZSonicSnake
03-20-07, 10:34 AM
something to pull a trailer...

99_venom
03-20-07, 10:44 AM
something to pull a trailer...
I have the hitch off my Lightning right now but if it comes down to needing to use it I can bolt the hitch on. How big is the trailer and what is the tongue weight? I haul my Cobra behind the Lightning but the back of the L' doesn't have real heavy duty springs for a lot of tongue weight? I guess my question is, is it an enclosed trailer?, do you by chance have a load leveler plug for the hitch if that is the case?

It's kind of fun to race the tow truck...

The other question is, where do you need to haul it from?

PM Sent to go over this...

AZSonicSnake
03-20-07, 02:58 PM
mr dave, jacostang would be the guy that knows all about this one...:woot2:

Jacostang
03-20-07, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the offer 99 we have it worked out now with a tow so we'll see ya there!!! BBQ Again for HPS and Copperstate!!!

99_venom
03-20-07, 08:01 PM
Kewl. Where do ya'll usually gather at Firebird?
If you don't mind having a truck parked in with the stangs.
I still need to get a few more miles on the new gears in the Cobra before I run it so I plan on racing the tow truck. :Bucktooth:

99_venom
03-26-07, 07:40 PM
You guys missed a great night at Firebird. It didn't rain at all there and the Density Altitude was around 600 feet. There were only about 35 cars there so I could just keep running as much as I want. Had fun working down the 60 times on the Lightning. Was pulling 1.64 60' time on the usual Firebird slippery track. Sure would like to be able to really lay into it off the line. Best run was an 11.42 @ 119.6. Not bad for a 4,835 daily driver.

BurnTire
03-26-07, 09:34 PM
I would have been there if my car was done. LOL
Maybe it will be ready by the fall.

TRUUBLE
03-26-07, 11:22 PM
Last time I went to Firebird on a Friday night I almost put it in the wall because the track was so slick (same with the guy next to me).

I won't be going back on Friday nights.

AZSonicSnake
03-27-07, 12:07 AM
sweet. two posts from people with fast cars completely backing what i have said all along. woot! :bounce:

TRUUBLE
03-28-07, 01:11 PM
sweet. two posts from people with fast cars completely backing what i have said all along. woot! :bounce:

Yup. Its a skating rink for high hp cars.