PDA

View Full Version : Unbiased Tuner Reviews

JoeT
04-02-07, 10:25 AM
I have been seeking the internet to determine the best tuner for the 07 Mustang GT, unfortunately it seems the advice you get is usually from the dealer selling it, which proves nothing.

Id like to know what you all recommend with regard to tuners.

I have a stock, 5 speed GT.

Im between Diablo and SCT and from what Ive learned the SCT only is an advantage to Automatics.

Seems the Diablo has a horsepower increase from 279 to 293 with a cold air intake couldnt find anything on the SCT.

Are there any tuners that allow multiple car tunes? Lets say it does my Ford and my GM?

maddme
02-17-08, 10:53 PM
Did you ever get a tuner? I was thinking the same question and thought that I may go with a diablo programmer.

AZSonicSnake
02-18-08, 12:10 AM
i would suggest an sct chip with a custom tune. i think thats where you will get your best gains.

JoeT
02-19-08, 04:56 PM
Still havent done the tune yet. Was hoping to get alot of feedback before deciding.

Thanks AZSonicSnake the only issue I have, is that based on the research Ive done as stated above that this tune from SCT really only helps automatics. Anyone that can shed some light on this would be appreciated.

The only real difference from my Stang and any other stock GT is mine has 5 Speed with 3.55 gears, cold air intake, and the shaker scoop.

AZSonicSnake
02-19-08, 05:40 PM
considering my car is nothing close to an automatic, i can't help ya there. but i am not refering to any hand held tuners, i am talking about a chip that a shop would custom tune and put in your car.

Ruckus46gt
02-19-08, 06:23 PM
hp tuners allows you to tune fords and they also have stuff to program gms, what is needed to tune both etc not sure. Hp tuners is very good software but need to know how to tune. That being said they do have a lot of "ruff" tunes on there forums but would have to check a lot of things and make adjustments no 2 cars are the same exactly

Dan
02-19-08, 06:59 PM
i would use the sct Xcal3 personally they are the best tuners around hands down i sell both sct and diablo and i can tell you right now you will have the best luck with SCT stay away from HP tuners we are also a dealer for them but they are more geared more for GM

jjmatheson
02-19-08, 08:38 PM
I personally use Sniper, great tuning software. One can tune himself or have a tune shop tune it. Multiple tunes for one car and comes with two bullets, another words if you have two mustangs no problem. You need a laptop and I suggest an Innovate air/fuel meter. It also has live data stream. Great for the do it yourself-er. Saves time and money and a trip to the tune shop. If interested I can show you there software and some examples. They run around 400$. :biglaugh:

JoeT
02-25-08, 09:19 PM
Well Ill let you know how things go tomorrow. I have an appointment with Performance Solutions to get some more ponies out of the corral.

Indy
02-26-08, 08:58 AM
We are looking forward to meeting you and making your stang run better, see ya later on today.:yes:

JoeT
02-27-08, 05:14 PM
Well I got my tune at Performance Solutions. Definitely made the car feel snappier, a better airbox kit and 410 gears will do the trick! Mine has the shaker scoop and the airbox kit isnt the best you could have, Im told Id get another 15 HP with a better airbox. The Mustang I have already had a dealer tune so from the start I was Max Power of 273.22 Max Torque 300.46 - after the SCT tune it was 282.96 Max Power and 307.76 Max Torque. I was having a few other issues as the Stang wouldnt really pull very hard with out bogging down at higher revs, thats fixed. Its definitely a little pricey for a few more horses but I learned alot and it fixed some of my issues, for me it was worth it. I felt like Performance Solutions truly cared that I was happy and I would definitely use them again. The sandwich shop by them wasnt bad either! :veryhappy:

maddme
02-27-08, 09:32 PM
That is great news!! I am glad to hear that your happy with performance solutions because I am also going to use them soon.

Indy
02-28-08, 09:31 PM
I'm glad we were able to fix your slight issue and make your stang feel a little snappier!!!! :highfive:

We look forward to seeing you again, don't hesitate to give us a call if you have any other questions.:pinkthumb:

Shane

BLK03SVT
02-28-08, 11:44 PM
The sandwich shop by them wasnt bad either! :veryhappy:

Hmmmm....where might this sandwich shop be located?? Do they sell beer?

Glad to hear you had a good experience with PS.

Dan
02-28-08, 11:59 PM
Hmmmm....where might this sandwich shop be located?? Do they sell beer?

Glad to hear you had a good experience with PS.

bwahahahaha Mike ill buy the beer this time just come down hey we have a pee wee up the street mmmm beer lol :highfive:

JoeT
03-04-08, 10:45 AM
The sandwich shop is about 150 yards from PS, easily walkable. Nice little family owned place.

So far I love the tune, car pulls really good now, actually get a good tire chirp now in 3rd, wasn't doing that before. Im still debating the Supercharger, not sure about that one. If I was a racer then maybe but mostly this is just a car that is different from driving the H3.

maddme
03-04-08, 07:18 PM
That is great news, I have followed your story and I have to tell you that your experience with the tune has made me decide to go get one as soon as I get the money. I need to get a quote on how much it will cost though and a few other questions that I have. :redface:

04WhininCobra
03-04-08, 08:40 PM
I am definitely going to go with a SCT tune from Performance Solutions when i get the Cobra on monday!

JoeT
03-04-08, 08:48 PM
Im gonna have to get Dan and Bill to give me a kick back! :hi:

Dan
03-05-08, 11:47 PM
lol thanks for the props