PDA

View Full Version : Maximum vs UPr

mitch22
04-04-07, 02:29 PM
I want to change out the stock K-member for either the maimum or the UPR. I have the Maximum rear grip pack (panhard bar, Torque arm.....). The MM is very expensive 1700 with instal (500). If I went with the UPR or comparible what would anyone recommend. My concern or assumption is that these suspension kits are engineered to match and balance (center of gravity) and if I choose a different set up would it really matter. The UPR as I understand it is ~700. (need to follow up with what that really includes). Suggestions...........................

Olivas
04-04-07, 09:16 PM
If your trying to decide between just those two, I would say MM. The only way you can really describe UPR stuff is "knock-off". I don't believe they do any really engineering for their products, just take what others are making and try and make it their own. May still be Ok, but you still lose something there compared to the original. There are others out there, I believe the one offered from PSR is supposed to be really nice.

BurnTire
04-04-07, 11:41 PM
Go with the MM.

mitch22
04-04-07, 11:42 PM
that coincides with others I have spoken to.
thanks

Ruckus46gt
09-21-07, 10:05 PM
pa racing

Gene
09-22-07, 09:12 AM
MM, no comparison

Torchmach
09-22-07, 10:18 AM
Another Vote for Maximum Motorsports! It is quality stuff, haven't heard anything good about UPR. I have had MM LCA's, and Full length Subframe connectors installed.

Ethan@S3M
09-23-07, 08:24 PM
Id go with MM, Ive had both in the shop and the MM is better quality.

Lucafu1
09-23-07, 09:02 PM
pa racing
thats what i have and its sweet. its the beefier road racing version and it only weighs 20#s.

BurnTire
09-23-07, 09:21 PM
thats what i have and its sweet. its the beefier road racing version and it only weighs 20#s.

Any problems fitting?

Ruckus46gt
09-23-07, 09:38 PM
no fitment issues with pa racing. If your going to do a mm its not for weight savings. MM's arent much lighter then stock

Lucafu1
09-23-07, 11:50 PM
Any problems fitting?

not yet but i only have it bolted to the engine. so far so good:biglaugh:

i thought i had pics but i guess not, im slacking.

Ruckus46gt
09-24-07, 12:39 AM
not yet but i only have it bolted to the engine. so far so good:biglaugh:

i thought i had pics but i guess not, im slacking.
only issue you might run into are issues with any kmember are you have to relocate a ground on the driver side and depending on the year and that might have an issue on theother side with the brake lines being in the way but its an easy fix just have to pull them outo f the way. No major issues. My 00 had the brake line issue, my friends 98 didnt and my other friends 01 didnt so.

Lucafu1
09-24-07, 03:37 AM
OK cool and thanks for the tips. I re-did my grounds on the block, all i have left is find a good spot on the frame. im putting my 03 cobra engine/drivetrain/suspension/brakes and fuel system into a 00 GT so im sure i will run into a few problems. thank tho.

Luis

Gene
09-24-07, 02:11 PM
One good thing about the MM unit is that I have no noise that others complain about. I had a QA1 on my 01 GT that drove me nuts. took it off and blew it up a week later.

4Jenna
09-24-07, 02:17 PM
I run a AJE and the fit was like stock, I had a Ground Pounder before that biggest POS ever.

MM and PA have great reps.