PDA

View Full Version : What did everyone run?

Gene
04-08-07, 08:00 PM
Sorry I wasnt able to make it. I had kid duty and its hard taking car of a 3 year old and a 3 month old at the same time. Tried to make it, but things dont always work out. I'm interested to see what people ran though. Tony, I hope you got your 11 second slip and pm me so we can take care of the 40 i owe ya. Hope everyone had a good time and happy easter. Gene

TRUUBLE
04-08-07, 09:00 PM
I ran a disappointing 10.26 at 132. My car has issues. It's pig rich, timing is too low, and I need a different converter and gears.

I was barely out of second gear going through the traps.

Felt like I was mowing my lawn.

Gene
04-08-07, 10:03 PM
I ran a disappointing 10.26 at 132. My car has issues. It's pig rich, timing is too low, and I need a different converter and gears.

I was barely out of second gear going through the traps.

Felt like I was mowing my lawn.

Atleast you got to drive for a good cause man!

AZSonicSnake
04-08-07, 10:52 PM
nope no 11 for me. still really need to work on my shifting. i am having a killer time keeping my foot on the gas while pushing in the clutch. bad thing is, i know its costing my the .5 second i need to get the slip too. i got the about 1245 due to a little drinking the night before, and got four runs in. good thing was, car felt awesome, and i am finally to a point were i feel very comfortable with the car. first pass i did not heat the tires enough, and ran a 13.07@117. the second pass was a 12.56@113, with more tire slipage. then on the third pass it got out of the hole and listed to the right a bunch, i got within a foot of the wall (stayed in it though!) and managed a 12.68@116. i hot lapped it and managed another 12.56@112. so i felt great that atleast my times are starting to be consistant. now that i am finally comfortable with the car, i need to work on the shifting, and getting faster. i did not have the coilovers on the car this weekend. just the new diff and the solid adjustable uppers. so, next trip i should have the shocks and coilovers on. either way though, the day was a total blast, and i am glad i made my way out there.

btw- 60' time hovered right in the 1.9 range, for some reason i could not grab much traction out of the hole. not sure if its the tires just getting toward the end of thier life or what. i was launching from 3500 on the final three passes. i tried 5k on the first pass, but it spun so hard that i decided to stick with what i knew worked. oh, and with 12lbs in the tires i was feeling some nice sway on the top end, thats kinda interesting. but i can handle it. :)

TRUUBLE
04-08-07, 11:00 PM
Atleast you got to drive for a good cause man!

True dat.

Casey39er
04-08-07, 11:47 PM
It was a good day overall. Car ran strong. Could not do any better than my last time out. Best run 12.1 @ 115 Mph with a 1.76 / 60'. I was working on my reaction time and I got it down to a best of .047

That is about all I will be able to get out of her until I get that stock torque converter out of the tranny. I will be ordering a new one next week. Then we will se what she will do..

__________________________________________________ ________

fazm
04-08-07, 11:59 PM
damn u guys are puttin me further down the timeslip list lol

TRUUBLE
04-09-07, 01:05 AM
It was a good day overall. Car ran strong. Could not do any better than my last time out. Best run 12.1 @ 115 Mph with a 1.76 / 60'. I was working on my reaction time and I got it down to a best of .047

That is about all I will be able to get out of her until I get that stock torque converter out of the tranny. I will be ordering a new one next week. Then we will se what she will do..

__________________________________________________ ________

Yep . . . I'm switching converters, too. I just got a program that a lot of Pro Mod guys use and it turns out that my converter and gears aren't even close to what they should be. I guess the fact that I was barely into third gear going through the traps should have tipped me off.

Anyway, I'm going to an 7800 stall Edge converter (from my current 5400 stall) and switching to a 4.56 gear, from my current 3.73.

According to this program, that will put me in the bottom nines. As far as accuracy goes, I fed all my info into this thing, and it spat out a timeslip that was within a couple hudredths at every marker from what I ran yesterday . . so I think it's an accurate program.

Anybody who wants a copy, pm me and I'll email it to you.

SuperDust22
04-09-07, 08:41 AM
i went 13.8 at 99. That is my best time in the car so far.

Dustin

SuperDust22
04-10-07, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know the guy who drives the S197 that was yellow/black? What were his mods?
Dustin

TRUUBLE
04-10-07, 12:33 AM
Here's a quick vid . . .

http://media.putfile.com/1034-run