PDA

View Full Version : new GT kit

danistanggt
04-10-07, 08:07 AM
i need some help and i don't know if this forum is the right one, but here goes.
i have an 86 hatch and i before i got it, someone took the GT kit..ground effects off and trashed them
where can i find a complete GT kit/ i have looked on ebay and i can't find a complete kit on there... help???

Jacostang
04-10-07, 08:11 AM
By "Kit" waht do you mean? Ther isn't that much on the outside, bumper cover and molding behind the door with the Gt in it. Driving lights up front are the pricey things but can be found and the interior has the halo headrests... Let me know I am a Fox Body Hound!!!

danistanggt
04-10-07, 10:45 AM
i am talking about the front bumper cover with the valance, the rear bumper cover, and the side skirts... i just went by a buddies performance shop and asked him if he knew of a place and he said they are out there but very expensive.. like in the range of 2500...:jaw-dropping:
i wouldn't think about doing it, but my 86 has no rust at all anywhere, and has been an indiana car its whole life. :pepper:

Jacostang
04-10-07, 11:04 AM
So are you wanting the new 87 to 93 look with the side skirts and rear bumper cover? The Gt bumper cover for 86 has the two slots for the driving lights and that is the only difference. If you are wanting the newer GT look then that is a different story but it should not be that expensive to do... The 86 Gt has the different front bumper cover and thats it as to the other models and the inbossed GT just behind the door in the moulding..

Jacostang
04-10-07, 11:08 AM
85/86 GT and Lx

Viper_ed
04-10-07, 11:13 AM
The 87-93 stuff should be able to all be had for the $350 - $400 range. Of course it will cost more for paint.

danistanggt
04-11-07, 06:07 AM
i'm not worried about the paint.. we own a resto shop so my old man will do all the paint work..
i didn't think the 87-93 stuff would fit on an 86. i have a 4" cowl induction hood on it and the louvered taillights out of a 93. they don't fit just right though... about a 1/4" gap on the side by the back quarter panel...
i looked on ebay last night and there is nothing on there... a wrecked 92..that took out the side skirt on the pass side..
my car is an orig lx, and i think it sits too high, so i want the gt ground effects kit.
hey i got the car in trade for painting flames on a big rig... so i really have nothing in it. i just want it to look like i want.. ya know?
scottie went to the auction yesterday and found a sn95, he stopped bidding at 2G... he said there was a 98 roush that went thru and it ended up at 52G :jaw-dropping:

Viper_ed
04-11-07, 06:17 AM
All of the 87-93 stuff will work on your 86, but keep in mind if you use the 87-93 nose, you will also need to get a different hood too.

danistanggt
04-11-07, 11:32 AM
i know.. actually scottie said he could refab the hood i have on there now, but i am short and i can't see over that 4"cowl. well i can if i sit on a pillow... man i hate bein short.

Viper_ed
04-11-07, 11:49 AM
Refab your hood? I would think the money that it would cost in labor time would be twice that of just buying a new hood.

Viper_ed
04-11-07, 11:56 AM
Here's a decent deal on some of the parts you would need:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=898479

All together there are 10 peices that make up the 87-93 GT ground effects:

1 - Front Bumper Cover
2 - Driver Side Front Fender Ext.
3 - Pass Side Front Fender Ext.
4 - Driver Side Rocker Cover
5 - Pass Side Rocker Cover
6 - Drivers Quater Ext in front of Rear Tire
7 - Pass Quater Ext in front of Rear Tire
8 - Drivers Quater Ext in back of Rear Tire
9 - Pass Quater Ext in back of Rear Tire
10 - Rear Bumper Cover

If you use a Cobra Rear Bumper cover, #8 & # 9 will not be needed cause the Cobra Bumper Cover wraps around the rear quaters.

danistanggt
04-20-07, 01:33 PM
well thanks for all the help... i guess i don't need to worry about it anymore. scottie got me an 89 gt vert for our 3 year anniversary.no not driveable.. needs engine and trans.
i found a set of ground effects and i will need them, cause one of the sideskirts is ripped up. she needs a new top too. found one of those for buck fifty on ebay. now if he ever gets time to put her together. she is red/ red interior.. i know.. shutup!!! she has some hideous flames and i really can't afford to spend 600 bucks on a gallon of red paint whrn i hate red. so i was thinkin about white with red pearl...