PDA

View Full Version : Clear bra Installed!!

Jacostang
04-19-07, 01:34 PM
Just had the complete front end done on my 06 GT with the clear bra, armour shield and it looks great!! Thanks gordon!!!! Now the buggies and gravel with bounce right off!!!!!

I would take a picture of it but you can't see it!!! It's clear!!:bouncy:

rrobello
04-20-07, 12:29 AM
can you take a pic and post it anyways, I want to see how little you can see it. The ones Ive seen you can see the line where it stops and it creates an orange peel effect. Does yours do this? how thick is the bra they used?

Jacostang
04-23-07, 10:39 PM
I'll take some shots tomorrow, no orange peel at all very clean and I can tell you it work like a charm driving to So-cal in the rain and, 700 miles and not a nick!!!!!!!!

Jacostang
05-02-07, 07:48 PM
Ok here is a shot of the top of the hood and fenders with the clear bra. Stage 3 is now going to offer this soon from the same guy who did mione and Gordons!!

rrobello
05-02-07, 10:46 PM
that does look pretty good.

Chris B.
05-08-07, 11:08 AM
Just had the complete front end done on my 06 GT with the clear bra

Umm... don't you mean clear front end cover!!:biglaugh:

MOstang
06-30-07, 11:02 PM
Just had the complete front end done on my 06 GT with the clear bra, armour shield and it looks great!! Thanks gordon!!!! Now the buggies and gravel with bounce right off!!!!!

I would take a picture of it but you can't see it!!! It's clear!!:bouncy:

Please raise the hood and show us how it is attached. Also where did you purchase? Thanks

RockysMom
07-01-07, 09:13 AM
Please raise the hood and show us how it is attached. Also where did you purchase? Thanks
Its not attached, it is like window tint, it sticks to the car, but does not damage or discolor the paint by the sun.
3-M makes it also, but thats expensive, also dealers will install it too but again expensive. Have a private vendor do it for you, much cheaper.

Jacostang
07-01-07, 10:58 AM
This product saved the front end many times already!! All the wat to Colrado and back without a scratch or chip!!!!

06GT
07-24-07, 11:20 AM
I wish they had a kit for that when I first got my GT...she's got her fair share of chips in the hood and front fascia.

Jacostang
07-24-07, 01:12 PM
Sorry didn't see your post it doesn't "Attatch" under the hood it adheres right to the paint like window tint...

HIKER
07-24-07, 06:19 PM
Very cool Dave. The material our guy uses is 3M stuff. It's the best and very very little orange peel if any. As for the line on the hood, it's a trade-off i'd give anyday over chips in the paint. I didn't do my hood like Dave did, but I did have quite a bit done in heavy areas that take on chips, like the front valance, rocker panels, and rear quarters due to no mudflaps.

He's the guys info..

Matt Hudson
602-618-1836

He spend 5+ hours on my car because everything had to be hand cut. On new cars he has all the pieces precut from his machine at home and it should take half the time..

My only regret was I didn't have the stuff put on right away when I received the car with the new paint job. I already had a few chips that were touched up and you can still see them thru the film....oh well, at least there hasn't been anymore and won't be either..

HIKER
07-24-07, 06:21 PM
Oh, the lighter color the car, the less you see the line. On a white car you can't even see it unless you really look for it..

JoeT
08-17-07, 04:13 PM
that looks great Dave! I definitely am interested, my concern is I have the black strip decal on my hood, can that cover over the tape thats there for my hood design?

Mine has some on the lower parts of the car and its definitely a life saver.

Where do we send business to?

Jacostang
08-18-07, 03:18 PM
I have the number here somewher, but Stage 3 has the info too! I have it over my GT/CS Decal on the front edge of the fenders.!!!