PDA

View Full Version : T56 Dowel Pin to Bell Housing

P Machy
04-29-07, 01:01 PM
burntire or anyone...I am missing a dowel pin on the T56 it self. Am I OK to just install it to the trans, or should I find one specifically for the T56?

I got some dowel pins from the previous T5 to Mcleod BH, but the size is a little larger that requires some work to make it work.

Dont want an aligment problem from the T56 to BH and to the pilot bearing.

BurnTire
04-29-07, 01:09 PM
I would say if you can machine the T5 one down to the T56 specs you would be fine. Can you get this dowel from ford?

P Machy
04-29-07, 01:13 PM
Thanks. I hope I can get it from Ford tomorrow. Will know what the dealer says....lol, need a few things from the dealer actually.

Well, I dont have a mic to get accurate measurements, so I am avoiding that obtion for now. Dont want a mis-alignment issue...this T56 is freaking heavy compared to a T5 or TR3650!!! Back Breaking heavy :biglaugh:

BurnTire
04-29-07, 01:19 PM
Thanks. I hope I can get it from Ford tomorrow. Will know what the dealer says....lol, need a few things from the dealer actually.

Well, I dont have a mic to get accurate measurements, so I am avoiding that obtion for now. Dont want a mis-alignment issue...this T56 is freaking heavy compared to a T5 or TR3650!!! Back Breaking heavy :biglaugh:

I don't see any alignment issues. I think the dowels are more of an installation aid. It is not like they press fit into the bell housing.
But if Ford has them do it right.

P Machy
04-29-07, 01:23 PM
I don't see any alignment issues. I think the dowels are more of an installation aid. It is not like they press fit into the bell housing.
But if Ford has them do it right.
That is what I thought too. Wasnt sure how they figured in the center run out for aligment, but it doesnt really seem all that adjustable.

PM-ed Steve from Tousley...he has been good, but I know for sure he cant get Transmission bolts that go to the motor. Sadly some parts are not that easy to get.

Just want to do it right :highfive:

Indy
04-29-07, 10:52 PM
You can get that pin from the dealer, but it may have to be ordered.

Viper_ed
04-30-07, 09:24 AM
I don't see any alignment issues. I think the dowels are more of an installation aid.
:yes: The bolts will keep everything lined up!

Dan
04-30-07, 10:57 AM
by one from ford

P Machy
04-30-07, 01:19 PM
Sorry guys. Seem that anything in relation with the trans, dealers cant really get them.

Tousley has been pretty good about getting me stuff, but he cant get just one dowel pin.

Only place ive found was from a recommended tremec repair facility. Used, but they will sell them.

Will get a dowel pin i have to make one up...

Viper_ed
04-30-07, 02:23 PM
Sorry guys. Seem that anything in relation with the trans, dealers cant really get them.
When I broke my T56, the dealer made a list of parts to rebuild it, but couldn't get ANY of them. Ford told them that they just replace the 6 speeds and only rebuild the 5 speeds.

P Machy
05-02-07, 12:44 PM
When I broke my T56, the dealer made a list of parts to rebuild it, but couldn't get ANY of them. Ford told them that they just replace the 6 speeds and only rebuild the 5 speeds.
Yup...not sure if that is the same case these days?

If this trans fails on me, will just update the broken parts. :highfive:

Dan
05-02-07, 06:35 PM

Tousley has been pretty good about getting me stuff, but he cant get just one dowel pin.

Only place ive found was from a recommended tremec repair facility. Used, but they will sell them.

Will get a dowel pin i have to make one up...

would you like for me to send you one? I buy them all the time from ford I have a few in my desk

P Machy
05-03-07, 11:04 PM
would you like for me to send you one? I buy them all the time from ford I have a few in my desk
Thanks Dan....Can you get transmission bolts too? May have to make a wish list with you.

Actually took a dowel pin from one of the 20 i had from mcleod and modified it. It was with in .005 after careful grinding. Worked well...

Man, didnt know the T56 needed these dowel pins! I tried to cheap and start the bolts without getting the trans it self mated to the BH, but it said " NOT "! A few kicks to the T56 got it aligned and the bolts sure went in easily!

Do you sell Bassani stuff? Cant stand how the Mach1 sounds without an X pipe.