mitch22
04-30-07, 09:40 PM
in short:
Spent all this friggin money on the car but can't race without safety gear
I think I need the following........
Helmet: XL (Got a phat head!!)
Fire Jacket XXL
Shoes
DO I REALLY need all of this or is jacket and helmet enough.
Also where is a good place to buy this stuff (online) and what is a decent brand.
Don't need anything fancy, prefer run of the mill reliable. Kinda reminds me of the guy who has top of the line skis but can't do anything but fall down on the bunny slope. No possers allowed!!!:woot1:

AZSonicSnake
04-30-07, 09:43 PM
you can either hit up lopers here in town, or go through summit racing. or even i do believe site sponsor dyno joe has a good price of stuff too. plenty of options.

and as for the jacket, you are running an aftermakret power adder, so you'll need it...

BurnTire
04-30-07, 09:49 PM
A good word of advice. Do not be cheap on safety gear.

speedracer
04-30-07, 10:06 PM
A good word of advice. Do not be cheap on safety gear.
I was told by an old racer if you have a 5$ head get a 5$ helmet if not spend the money on the top of the line safety equipment. When I raced I had 1700$ worth of safety equipment that I had on every time I was on the track.

BurnTire
04-30-07, 10:08 PM
I use a Gforce helmet,jacket,gloves, and 5 point harness.
Simpson also make good equipment.

BurnTire
04-30-07, 10:08 PM
I was told by an old racer if you have a 5$ head get a 5$ helmet if not spend the money on the top of the line safety equipment. When I raced I had 1700$ worth of safety equipment that I had on every time I was on the track.

I have a $300 head.:biglaugh:

mitch22
04-30-07, 10:30 PM
I hear you guy's. Just tryin to understand what is good vs what is unecessary. Besides my melon is only worth what price the wifey puts on it.

TRUUBLE
05-01-07, 06:04 PM
You don't need shoes.

Unless you mean MY racing shoes . . . .

mitch22
05-01-07, 07:48 PM
You don't need shoes.

Unless you mean MY racing shoes . . . .
Now those are some race shoes. Tried to buy a decent helmet on summit but all they had was a G-Force with flames. I told the lady didn't care if it was pink I wanted it. Every damn helmet was OoS. ALso got jacket and gloves. TrUUBLE please bring ur shoes around 5-5:30. Gonna need socks too, Oh, don't forget to put foot powder cause I got a fungus problem....:woot1:

fazm
05-01-07, 07:52 PM
Now those are some race shoes. Tried to buy a decent helmet on summit but all they had was a G-Force with flames. I told the lady didn't care if it was pink I wanted it. Every damn helmet was OoS. ALso got jacket and gloves. TrUUBLE please bring ur shoes around 5-5:30. Gonna need socks too, Oh, don't forget to put foot powder cause I got a fungus problem....:woot1:

i got my snell2005 at a local motorcycle shop. really nice one, was about 145

Indy
05-01-07, 09:55 PM
Same here, but I'll need to get a jacket by the time the bottle goes back in.

ASUSMC
05-02-07, 08:23 AM
I got my helmet and Fire-jacket from Dyno-Joe (a sponsor on the site) good prices and fast shipping.