PDA

View Full Version : New Hood..New Look..

Jacostang
05-02-07, 07:50 PM
Here is the shelby Hood I ordered from Stage 3. Thanks Bill and Ethan!!!!

BurnTire
05-02-07, 08:02 PM
Looks Good

RockysMom
05-02-07, 09:00 PM
Wow Dave that look great!!!!! :twothumbsup:

MinGry03
05-02-07, 09:31 PM
Looks great.......:bouncy:

Indy
05-02-07, 09:52 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AZSonicSnake
05-02-07, 10:07 PM
looks like a ricer. hahahahhaha....j/k man. you knew i had too. :sticktonge:

really though, looks great. i really dig it. :yes:

Arch Angel
05-02-07, 10:10 PM
Looks sharp!...........

Jacostang
05-02-07, 10:25 PM
Thanks Everyone, Pretty good Tony!! I have the hood pin kit Have not decided to put it on yet?? Any thoughts???

AZSonicSnake
05-02-07, 10:40 PM
honestly, it looks very clean the way it is. i think the pins would push it over the edge.

RockysMom
05-02-07, 10:54 PM
Thanks Everyone, Pretty good Tony!! I have the hood pin kit Have not decided to put it on yet?? Any thoughts???
No Hood pins, It would look dorky. I think it looks great the way it is. How much did it set ya back, That would look great on my car?

Jacostang
05-02-07, 11:02 PM
Can't decide about the pins, they look good in certain situations, the hood was $475 and paint was $500 two stage underside included!!!

RockysMom
05-02-07, 11:12 PM
Can't decide about the pins, they look good in certain situations, the hood was $475 and paint was $500 two stage underside included!!!
Damn I need a second and third job to afford all these nice thing sheesh :laughing1: :laughing1: :laughing1:

mitch22
05-02-07, 11:19 PM
Tony's right, would definately push over the edge. Pins would definately be a ricer move!!! :bouncy: Looks great as is....

Craig
05-03-07, 07:23 AM
Is the hood scoop functional? I've seen some that duct the air over to the intake filter.

ASUSMC
05-03-07, 09:02 AM
It looks amazing Sir! I really like the two tone of it. I wonder what it would look like if you continued the Black all the way back and end it on the decklid???

O and what hood pin kit did you get? Are they functional cause if so I may be interested if your not gonna use em.

Viper_ed
05-03-07, 09:14 AM
:twothumbsup:

Suprised you didn't paint it Black & Gold to match all the Pittsburgh stuff in the garage. The IC Light is a nice touch! :Beer:

Jacostang
05-03-07, 09:43 AM
Is the hood scoop functional? I've seen some that duct the air over to the intake filter.
Yes it's funtional dumps the air right over the cold air filter area....

Jacostang
05-03-07, 09:44 AM
:twothumbsup:

Suprised you didn't paint it Black & Gold to match all the Pittsburgh stuff in the garage. The IC Light is a nice touch! :Beer:
man you have good eyes to spot that case of I.C. Light!!!! I had to look again to see.. how did you know I had a case of beer in my garage!!!!

Jacostang
05-03-07, 09:46 AM
It looks amazing Sir! I really like the two tone of it. I wonder what it would look like if you continued the Black all the way back and end it on the decklid???

O and what hood pin kit did you get? Are they functional cause if so I may be interested if your not gonna use em.
Sorry, stick on CDC style....

Viper_ed
05-03-07, 11:42 AM
man you have good eyes to spot that case of I.C. Light!!!! I had to look again to see.. how did you know I had a case of beer in my garage!!!!
What can I say, it just kind of stuck out to me when I looked at the picture, just like your avatar of the new "Hey Let's Remember Bill Cowher Likeness" new Steeler Mascott. Don't tell me that's where they got the idea for the chin at.

ASUSMC
05-03-07, 11:46 AM
Why does it say Viper is banned???

mitch22
05-03-07, 01:55 PM

I don't know u that well but gotta say it.................Ricer!!

ASUSMC
05-03-07, 02:23 PM
I want functional pins cause my hood shakes real bad at the top of the track cause of the hood scoop on it. Pins would not only look good but if they held my hood down better it would be worth it.

mitch22
05-03-07, 07:12 PM
I want functional pins cause my hood shakes real bad at the top of the track cause of the hood scoop on it. Pins would not only look good but if they held my hood down better it would be worth it.
I was only kidding (no foul intended). I am actually trying to get in the spirit with this forum in regards to the teasing. Actually, it sounds as if pins might even be a safety requirement for you. I have actually contemplated putting them on myself. Hope to see you tommorow at SW..:biglaugh:

Jacostang
05-03-07, 10:10 PM
I might have to reconsider the real hood pin kit. even the stock hood at 80 was floppin around!!!

Jacostang
05-03-07, 10:12 PM
What can I say, it just kind of stuck out to me when I looked at the picture, just like your avatar of the new "Hey Let's Remember Bill Cowher Likeness" new Steeler Mascott. Don't tell me that's where they got the idea for the chin at.
You know it is!!! They are stuck with him, he was at the big party when they announced the mascot!!

Casey39er
05-04-07, 09:01 AM
Yes it's funtional dumps the air right over the cold air filter area....

Just let me know when you are ready for the Cold Air Kit :biglaugh:

Jacostang
05-05-07, 09:17 AM
I hear ya!!!!!!

Chris B.
05-08-07, 11:10 AM
It looks good Dave!!

07gt
05-19-07, 07:52 AM
Looks good, does it lift any at high speed? Since some people have had problems with the stock hood flexing at high speeds, I was wondering how one with a scoop would fare.

Jacostang
05-19-07, 10:48 AM
The hood floats a bit over 75mph, the stock hood did the same thing, I swear it looks like its going airborne!!!! I have checked with the company and they suggest pins on any hood. There is no signs of it tearing or ripping, very solid...