PDA

View Full Version : Time For K-Member!!!

AZSonicSnake
06-12-07, 08:31 PM
so, its that time. went down to Performance Solutions this week and picked this baby up. should have it on this week, along with hpm lca's next week. plan to head out to speedworld on the 22 to see how it all works together. if i am not in the 11's....oh man, i am a shitty driver!!!

http://www.msprotege.com/members/AzMz6/kmember/kmember%20001%20(Medium).jpg

http://www.msprotege.com/members/AzMz6/kmember/kmember%20010%20(Medium).jpg

BurnTire
06-12-07, 08:33 PM
Ahh doing the job at home?

AZSonicSnake
06-12-07, 08:34 PM
for sure!!! i am really looking forward to it. should be a good time. :woot1:

BurnTire
06-12-07, 08:38 PM
Cool.

If you have the time take some photos and do a technical write up.

It would be a good addition to the site.

AZSonicSnake
06-12-07, 10:11 PM
sounds like a plan. i'll do that! just give me some time. i'll get the pics together, and do a write up. :twothumbsup:

Indy
06-13-07, 12:25 AM
:woot1: You have been waiting to do that for awhile, have fun and don't get in a rush.:highfive:

AZSonicSnake
06-13-07, 12:46 AM
yup, it will not be a timed event. i am NEVER in a hurry. looking forward to the gains from this. then after a few track days, i will be hunting for a ported blower. i wanna consistantly stay in the bottom 11's. :woot1:

OH3MGSVT
06-13-07, 03:14 AM
i am not knowing at this moment, probably because im drunk....but how much does a k=member help times? what does it do? by the way...road head, plus a goodbye humping =:twothumbsup: num num....bottle-himen! (andy)
sorry again im a little drunnkkdfs

STL-SR
06-13-07, 07:31 PM
Good deal, im hoping to be there the 22nd as well, ill make sure to stop by, and a hawkins a k member is what holds your engine and front suspenison, a tubular k member ditches alot of weight off of the front end of the car, and makes alot of things more accesible.

Lucafu1
06-13-07, 08:51 PM
sweet. i cant wait to see how it turns out =)

AZSonicSnake
06-13-07, 10:54 PM
same here. also should have some room freed up here soon to finally get a ported blower and to throw that lower pulley on that i got a sweet deal on. :woot1:

BurnTire
06-13-07, 10:59 PM
You could always put that black blower on someday. LOL

AZSonicSnake
06-13-07, 11:00 PM
trust me, i wanna. but the wallett does not agree with my desires. and plus, i wanted to upgrade the chassis on my car to handle the power first. figured that made the most sense.

BurnTire
06-13-07, 11:01 PM
trust me, i wanna. but the wallett does not agree with my desires. and plus, i wanted to upgrade the chassis on my car to handle the power first. figured that made the most sense.

Ok well start by putting the IRS and stock springs back in. :biglaugh:

AZSonicSnake
06-13-07, 11:07 PM
sounds like a plan! i'll get right on it.

can i have yours?!? Lol....:laughing::sticktonge:

BurnTire
06-13-07, 11:08 PM
sounds like a plan! i'll get right on it.

can i have yours?!? Lol....:laughing::sticktonge:

No I have a special factory bullet proof edition.

AZSonicSnake
06-13-07, 11:17 PM
damn you and your secrect squirrel shiznit!!! :biglaugh:

AZSonicSnake
06-18-07, 11:26 PM
well, its on. lemme tell ya, that is one simple install. that thing fits in like a glove!!!! not too mention i cannot believe the weight difference. oh my. its sooo much lighter than the stocker. only suck part about it right now, i do not have the rear lca's fixed yet, so i have not been able to really jump on it, but the little i have, the difference is emormous!!! this thing was worth every freakin penny.

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/537/kmember_133_Large_.jpg

BurnTire
06-18-07, 11:43 PM
Nice lift in your garage. LOL

AZSonicSnake
06-19-07, 12:03 AM
it was put on one to check everything out. :twothumbsup:

Gene
06-19-07, 06:53 AM
thats a nice piece for sure. I like how you dont have to bend any brake lines or relocate the oil filter. I had to do the aformentioned to get my MM-K to fit. Although, it is nice having the oil filter drop right out and not spill shit all over the place. Plus, its a good cooling mod. Did you make sure its squared up? If ou didnt use a plumb bob on your install, most likely its not. Jump on the MM site and download the directions. Ask Dan if it's even needed. I got mine dead nuts square with my torque boxes and what a difference in handling. They really did a nice job on the psr k!

AZSonicSnake
06-19-07, 05:53 PM
er, never did the plumb bob thing. the holes in this k-member are not all elongated like the mm unit. i was planning to check it when i put my new lower control arms on though. then off to get an alignment.

what was the place you guys suggested up north?

AZSonicSnake
06-23-07, 11:20 PM
got the hpm megabite jr's on today. went to the pavs, getting onto the freeway a goat wanted to go at it. too bad for him. :biglaugh:

btw- the k-member combined with the new lca's make this car feel very tight. i am very impressed. possibly the best mods i have done to my car.

oh, and pics are coming of the upr control arm. all 4 bushings in the drivers side were destroyed. all were split in two. funny thing is, pass side was all ok. weird. bad torque!!! :bounce:

5.0Stanger
07-04-07, 12:17 PM
AZSonicSnake,
Was that your car I saw at Anthem, last Friday? I've seen it at Speedworld, before, just couldn't remember if you had a personal plate or not. Mine was there getting the subs welded on.

AZSonicSnake
07-04-07, 02:14 PM
yep. that was mine. i had my mom dropping it off to be aligned. she said she saw another terminator there.

5.0Stanger
07-11-07, 10:41 PM
That was mine. Got the subframes connected, finally. Now, onto the next stage of modding.

AZSonicSnake
07-12-07, 12:47 AM
very nice. what next? for me its a lower pulley and a port job on the ol eaton. :bounce:

Gene
07-12-07, 10:25 PM
very nice. what next? for me its a lower pulley and a port job on the ol eaton. :bounce:

Save your money and spray it with a 100 wet shot bro!

5.0Stanger
07-12-07, 10:43 PM

I'm biding my time and waiting until I can upgrade the blower to a Whipple. Then, it'll get tuned. I'm taking a similar approach to my last Stang. Granted, I didn't get the motor done, before the car was totaled by someone else.

I believe you either save so you can afford the upgrade you really want, or upgrade within your limits.

AZSonicSnake
07-12-07, 11:09 PM
i really want to go the whipple route, but right now the fundage would not allow me to do it the correct way. i will go this route, enjoy it for a few years and save away for the twin screw and a return style fuel system. :woot1:

5.0Stanger
07-12-07, 11:33 PM
i really want to go the whipple route, but right now the fundage would not allow me to do it the correct way. i will go this route, enjoy it for a few years and save away for the twin screw and a return style fuel system. :woot1:

I'd rather avoid trying to make the stock blower work outside of it's max rpm, myself. But, I see where you're coming from. I would just rather wait until I can afford what I really want or not have it at all. I've done mods twice enough times to just want to do it only once, in the first place.

BurnTire
07-12-07, 11:53 PM

You don't need a return system. Unless you plan on going real fast.

AZSonicSnake
07-13-07, 12:04 AM
if i do go with a twin screw, i want to make it scream. no screwin around. and from what devin,dan and shane tell me, thats the best way to go to do it right. i don't want to chance anything. and right now i don't have the 5-7k i would need to do it all. as with a whipple will come the need to also put a cage in the car, which, honestly, i do not mind, but can't afford right at this moment. granted the ported will put me right there, but thats cool, i am sure with my driving abilities i will not have to worry just yet. plus since this is my first big horsepower car, i want to get use to the power increases in small doses. i think with 500 across the board i will be happy for a good period of time. and honestly, i would like to have a 10second eaton car. i think that would be plenty of fun. :bounce:

BurnTire
07-13-07, 12:10 AM
if i do go with a twin screw, i want to make it scream. no screwin around. and from what devin,dan and shane tell me, thats the best way to go to do it right. i don't want to chance anything. and right now i don't have the 5-7k i would need to do it all. as with a whipple will come the need to also put a cage in the car, which, honestly, i do not mind, but can't afford right at this moment. granted the ported will put me right there, but thats cool, i am sure with my driving abilities i will not have to worry just yet. plus since this is my first big horsepower car, i want to get use to the power increases in small doses. i think with 500 across the board i will be happy for a good period of time. and honestly, i would like to have a 10second eaton car. i think that would be plenty of fun. :bounce:

Many cars have hit the 9's with the return-less setup. I have zero issues with the BAP and stock pumps with the PPRV removed. But the decision is yours, both systems work.
If I do a lower I will need a fuel line upgrade and that would support me fine into the lower 10's.

AZSonicSnake
07-13-07, 12:15 AM
yup, i will not disagree with ya one way or another there. just know that what the guy tweakin my computer tells me to do, i am going to go with. since he has been spot on with everything else. :bounce:

BurnTire
07-13-07, 12:17 AM
yup, i will not disagree with ya one way or another there. just know that what the guy tweakin my computer tells me to do, i am going to go with. since he has been spot on with everything else. :bounce:

LOL
BAP, Line Upgrade and PPRV delete $450
Return system $1500

AZSonicSnake
07-13-07, 12:19 AM
if i am not mistaken the PPRV you have to do either way....

BurnTire
07-13-07, 12:20 AM
if i am not mistaken the PPRV you have to do either way....

That is just some line and clamps for about $50.

AZSonicSnake
07-13-07, 12:23 AM
yup. i know how that one goes. watched D do it on his car. not too difficult of a mod.

5.0Stanger
07-13-07, 08:36 PM
Many cars have hit the 9's with the return-less setup. I have zero issues with the BAP and stock pumps with the PPRV removed. But the decision is yours, both systems work.
If I do a lower I will need a fuel line upgrade and that would support me fine into the lower 10's.

Yep. I forget what our tuner told me about hp levels for the stock fuel system. But, they have this trick fuel system upgrade kit for the Cobras. They sell you a modified in-tank kit (re-routed and larger fuel outlets from the tank), enough braided hose to go from the tank to the rails, AN fittings for connecting it all to the rails, plus a fuel filter that can be easily accessed. I think I had to be making near 600+ before I'd need that.

Here's what it all looks like.
http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/contents/image.php?sizex=200&sizey=200&image[0]=images/products/fuel_sys.gif&

Their remarks about this kit say they made 620 on MM&FF's 'Project Ice Box' before they maxed out the MAF! I'd be going that way, if need be.

BurnTire
07-13-07, 09:29 PM
Yep. I forget what our tuner told me about hp levels for the stock fuel system. But, they have this trick fuel system upgrade kit for the Cobras. They sell you a modified in-tank kit (re-routed and larger fuel outlets from the tank), enough braided hose to go from the tank to the rails, AN fittings for connecting it all to the rails, plus a fuel filter that can be easily accessed. I think I had to be making near 600+ before I'd need that.

Here's what it all looks like.
http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/contents/image.php?sizex=200&sizey=200&image[0]=images/products/fuel_sys.gif&

Their remarks about this kit say they made 620 on MM&FF's 'Project Ice Box' before they maxed out the MAF! I'd be going that way, if need be.

I estimate I am making about 640 with 19psi on the race tune with a BAP and Wiring upgrade and 60lb injectors.

A buddy of mine with 21 psi just put down 663 with a BAP/ wiring and fuel line upgrade with stock pumps and had plenty of duty cycle to spare

5.0Stanger
07-13-07, 09:54 PM
I estimate I am making about 640 with 19psi on the race tune with a BAP and Wiring upgrade and 60lb injectors.

A buddy of mine with 21 psi just put down 663 with a BAP/ wiring and fuel line upgrade with stock pumps and had plenty of duty cycle to spare

Whoa! Sounds like something interesting to handle on the street! The fuel system kit I showed was just another way to keep the fuel in check.

AZSonicSnake
07-13-07, 11:06 PM
since it was suggested, i am going to pick up a boost a pump and what not for my setup. it cannot hurt to have, and since My tuner suggests it, its the way i go. i am not going to base too much on what happens with a car back east when it comes to the way a car is all setup. i want my car to not be on the edge of all its components. not knocking or sayin one way or another is better. but as i said before, i know that Devin@PSR (devin@PSR) puts a lot of time into researching the finite details, and has done the time tuning, and has the knowledge that when he suggests something to me, i am more than happy to listen.

BurnTire
07-14-07, 12:14 AM
since it was suggested, i am going to pick up a boost a pump and what not for my setup. it cannot hurt to have, and since My tuner suggests it, its the way i go. i am not going to base too much on what happens with a car back east when it comes to the way a car is all setup. i want my car to not be on the edge of all its components. not knocking or sayin one way or another is better. but as i said before, i know that Devin@PSR puts a lot of time into researching the finite details, and has done the time tuning, and has the knowledge that when he suggests something to me, i am more than happy to listen.

My car is out west. LOL:biglaugh:

AZSonicSnake
07-14-07, 12:33 AM
this is true. i meant to add that in there, but i switched gears and forgot that......:twothumbsup:

BurnTire
07-14-07, 01:15 AM
And remember that car I spoke of with more power runs slower. LOL

4Jenna
07-14-07, 01:19 AM
Dyno #s...pfft over rated:yes:

BurnTire
07-14-07, 01:26 AM

Dyno what is that for? :bounce:

BLK03SVT
07-22-07, 05:04 PM
Looks great tony!

The Nunn's
07-23-07, 05:43 PM

..+1

Dan
07-25-07, 09:48 AM

BurnTire
07-25-07, 02:37 PM

Gene
07-25-07, 08:41 PM
Wel I'm pushing some big numbers with the boost turned up, 24psi and only see around 85% DC. I'm on twin GT pumps, modified FPDM, BAP, -8 line from hat to stock rails. Guess the turbo is nice to the fuel system.

Dan
07-31-07, 07:28 PM
Wel I'm pushing some big numbers with the boost turned up, 24psi and only see around 85% DC. I'm on twin GT pumps, modified FPDM, BAP, -8 line from hat to stock rails. Guess the turbo is nice to the fuel system.

yes a turbo lags just long enough that the computer can comand the FPDM

Jeff feel free to come down and we will strap your car to the dyno and show you,