PDA

View Full Version : Bad FRPS?

Viper_ed
06-18-07, 12:30 PM
How many of the 03/04 Cobra guys here have had a Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (FRPS) go bad. Mine died on my Cobra yesterday and I'm picking the new sensor up tomorrow. I also called Kenne Bell to get one of the metal diaphram discs they sell. I have read mixed results on the effectiveness of the disc actually keeping the FRPS from failing again. I figured it was worth a shot though. Has anyone here tried this part and what results have you seen?

Best part was that when I called them to order it, the said they would just send it to me free of charge since I have purchased from them in the past. :woot1:

Maybe the guilt of charging $12 for a washer has finally gotten to them?

BurnTire
06-18-07, 12:55 PM
How many of the 03/04 Cobra guys here have had a Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor (FRPS) go bad. Mine died on my Cobra yesterday and I'm picking the new sensor up tomorrow. I also called Kenne Bell to get one of the metal diaphram discs they sell. I have read mixed results on the effectiveness of the disc actually keeping the FRPS from failing again. I figured it was worth a shot though. Has anyone here tried this part and what results have you seen?

Best part was that when I called them to order it, the said they would just send it to me free of charge since I have purchased from them in the past. :woot1:

I have never had a FRPS fail. I have the KB disc in mine.
I know a few guys have had multiple failures on this site. When they got the disc they had no more problems.

AZSonicSnake
06-18-07, 06:20 PM
i have the disc in my car and have never had a failure of that sensor....

Lucafu1
06-18-07, 07:40 PM
damn i need a disc! i just dont wanna pay $12 or whatever it is. Ive been waiting for someone to make a cheaper version but no one yet.

BurnTire
06-18-07, 08:12 PM
$12 is some serious cash.

Lucafu1
06-18-07, 09:46 PM
lol yeah thats 2 meals for me.

P Machy
06-19-07, 08:36 PM

Do you have the stock eaton or ported or twin screw?

Viper_ed
06-20-07, 07:11 AM
Do you have the stock eaton or ported or twin screw?
I have a Steigemeier Stage IV Ported Eaton, T/B & Plenum. Running a Steeda 2.81" Upper and a Metco 4# Lower. I see right around 17.5# of boost.

My buddy that works at the Ford Garage I got the new sensor at told me that Ford uses it on their DOHC engines and that they constantly change them out on Taurus's.

BurnTire
06-20-07, 12:33 PM
Sounds like too much power for Viper ED!!!!

Viper_ed
06-20-07, 12:44 PM
Sounds like too much power for Viper ED!!!!
:laughing: This is my slow Mustang!

P Machy
06-20-07, 06:38 PM
I have a Steigemeier Stage IV Ported Eaton, T/B & Plenum. Running a Steeda 2.81" Upper and a Metco 4# Lower. I see right around 17.5# of boost.

My buddy that works at the Ford Garage I got the new sensor at told me that Ford uses it on their DOHC engines and that they constantly change them out on Taurus's.
Wonder if it is a Ported Eaton deal with the FRPS going bad?

Hope mine never failes me...going strong with 35k miles.

Viper_ed
06-21-07, 06:28 AM
Wonder if it is a Ported Eaton deal with the FRPS going bad?

Hope mine never failes me...going strong with 35k miles.

My car only has 14k miles on it. From what I can gather, it's a drastic spike in fuel pressure that seems to cause them to go bad. I have a Boost-a-Pump on my car, which may of contributed to it. Funny how Kenne Bell makes the Boost-a-Pump and they are also the ones that came out with the supposed fix for the FRPS. Really makes you wonder if the Boost-a-Pump is the real culprit.

P Machy
06-21-07, 07:38 PM
My car only has 14k miles on it. From what I can gather, it's a drastic spike in fuel pressure that seems to cause them to go bad. I have a Boost-a-Pump on my car, which may of contributed to it. Funny how Kenne Bell makes the Boost-a-Pump and they are also the ones that came out with the supposed fix for the FRPS. Really makes you wonder if the Boost-a-Pump is the real culprit.
LOL...it sort of makes sense.

Havent really seen one fail with the stock eaton. Know a few with over 60k miles...one of them with over 600 runs.

What amp and setting on the boost-a-pump?

Viper_ed
06-22-07, 06:36 AM
What amp and setting on the boost-a-pump?
I'll have to look, but if I recall it was around the 30% range.