PDA

View Full Version : retuned the Mach

Indy
07-04-07, 01:53 PM
This is the first time its been on the dyno with the new T/C and trans. I figured that the new Billet T/C would soak up a little more power then the stock one. Because it weighs a lot more then the stocker. All other mods listed in sig.

All runs made on a dyno jet in the middle of the desert
Weather conditions: 96 degrees, 28.79 in-Hg, humidity 12%
SAE correction factor: 1.05

These are N/A only runs, no bottle

First run with no tune changes: 288.56 torque 272.74 hp at the wheels

After retuning: 301.18 torquehttp://www.mach1registry.org/forums/images/smilies/fing34.gif 282.50 hp at the wheels

Then added a composite spacer: 302.84 torque 282.94 hp at the wheels

I thought the spacer would help in the mid range, but it didn't really add any power at any RPM range, remember this is an automatic Mach. Don't get me wrong I love the spacer, and on 5 speed Mach we tested earlier in the week it added about 12ftlb and 10hp across the mid range. It just didn't add anything to my auto Mach, which is fine I added it more as a safety net. I'm hoping in the event of a nitrous back fire it will blow the spacer out, instead of turning my intake into a "pipe bomb". LOL I would recommend the spacer to anyone it is worth the money one way or another.http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/images/smilies/boink.gif

AZSonicSnake
07-04-07, 02:08 PM
looks like some damn good numbers. now for track time....:sticktonge::bounce:

Indy
07-04-07, 02:15 PM
LCA's have to go on it first, and maybe a set of MT ET streets 26/11.5/17..............

AZSonicSnake
07-04-07, 02:16 PM
chop chop. comeon!! get too it. :sticktonge::bouncy:

Indy
07-04-07, 02:30 PM
Don't worry the LCA's will go in as soon as I have them back in my hands.:yes: As for the tires, they will have to wait till next month if everything works out right.

4Jenna
07-04-07, 03:26 PM
Nice #s man...with a lil bottle should be a handfull!!!

Indy
07-04-07, 08:14 PM
Thanks

The bottle should make it a little more interesting.

OH3MGSVT
07-04-07, 09:40 PM
nice numbers! cant wait to see her run :icon_cool:

Olivas
07-06-07, 10:20 PM
When are you gonna put a new exhaust on that thing?

Indy
07-07-07, 12:49 AM
WOW, I'm an idiot. :biglaugh:

I never realized that I left my exhaust out of my sig.

I put a Bass. cat back on the week I bought the Mach. Then a couple months later I picked up an O/R H-pipe.

Olivas
07-07-07, 11:11 AM
WOW, I'm an idiot. :biglaugh:

I never realized that I left my exhaust out of my sig.

I put a Bass. cat back on the week I bought the Mach. Then a couple months later I picked up an O/R H-pipe.

I thought you had replaced the stock exhaust, I just didn't see it in you sig, so I had to comment.

Indy
07-07-07, 12:39 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.:hi:

bleedingfordblu
12-06-07, 01:05 PM
This is the first time its been on the dyno with the new T/C and trans. I figured that the new Billet T/C would soak up a little more power then the stock one. Because it weighs a lot more then the stocker. All other mods listed in sig.

All runs made on a dyno jet in the middle of the desert
Weather conditions: 96 degrees, 28.79 in-Hg, humidity 12%
SAE correction factor: 1.05

These are N/A only runs, no bottle

First run with no tune changes: 288.56 torque 272.74 hp at the wheels

After retuning: 301.18 torquehttp://www.mach1registry.org/forums/images/smilies/fing34.gif 282.50 hp at the wheels

Then added a composite spacer: 302.84 torque 282.94 hp at the wheels

I thought the spacer would help in the mid range, but it didn't really add any power at any RPM range, remember this is an automatic Mach. Don't get me wrong I love the spacer, and on 5 speed Mach we tested earlier in the week it added about 12ftlb and 10hp across the mid range. It just didn't add anything to my auto Mach, which is fine I added it more as a safety net. I'm hoping in the event of a nitrous back fire it will blow the spacer out, instead of turning my intake into a "pipe bomb". LOL I would recommend the spacer to anyone it is worth the money one way or another.http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/images/smilies/boink.gif

which spacer was it and where did you get it?

IMSHAKN
12-06-07, 06:29 PM
which spacer was it and where did you get it?

I'll take a guess and say that it was probably a phenolic intake spacer courtesy of Roy from the Registry. If that's the case, it's a nice little piece to have for 100 bucks.

bleedingfordblu
12-06-07, 07:41 PM
I'll take a guess and say that it was probably a phenolic intake spacer courtesy of Roy from the Registry. If that's the case, it's a nice little piece to have for 100 bucks.
im gonna have to invest once i get $100:Bucktooth:

IMSHAKN
12-06-07, 08:21 PM
im gonna have to invest once i get $100:Bucktooth:

are you on the registry?

Indy
12-06-07, 10:37 PM

:highfive: you are correct sir

IMSHAKN
12-06-07, 10:57 PM
:highfive: you are correct sir

I thought so, it's nice though mine has been sitting here on my desk since last week. Have not had the time to throw it on and didn't want to do a rush job because of the EGR tubing. Shouldn't be too big of a PITA if I take my time with it and don't get frustrated. I've never enjoyed EGR connections...they always want to give me hell.

bleedingfordblu
12-07-07, 02:27 PM
are you on the registry?

kinda, im on there but i cant post yet. im tryin to get that fixed