PDA

View Full Version : 2V Buildup thread

ASUSMC
07-05-07, 02:13 AM
So as many of you know I broke a piston in the stock motor. The car still runs and at this point I am still driving it. I have already decided that I am gonna build this into a pump gas beast of a 2V. The car is gonna get longtubes, cams, a built shortblock, and maybe a few more pounds of boost!!:icon_cool:

Already purchased:

CHP 5.1L stroker shortblock. (thanks again to Ethan and Bill)

Pacesetter longtubes (thanks to Ethan and Bill from Stage3 who got me a great deal on em)
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/ASUSMC86/longtubes.jpg

Pending purchases:

VT stage III blower cams (guy on modular fords)

Still need to buy:

Set of high lift Valve springs (for the larger cams)

Probably need one Windsor head (from the broken piston)

OH3MGSVT
07-05-07, 02:35 AM
If i can get my money situation handled I'll sell you the heads off of my car if you want

ReaperAZ
07-05-07, 09:03 AM
I say go with the MMR s/b. That's what's going in mine.

ASUSMC
07-06-07, 12:44 AM
bought the CHP shortblock. 5.1L stroker. $3400 shipped using the same rods and bearings as MMR plus CHP is the same company that makes Probe Pistons so those are gonna be good as well.

ReaperAZ
07-06-07, 08:29 AM
Dude that's pretty sweet. I really want a stroker for mine as well. I'll be very interested to see how yours turns out. I bought my wheels as well as my intake and t/b from Stage 3. Bill hooked me up way better than any other price I could get.

You still running a factory trans?

ASUSMC
07-06-07, 08:37 AM
Not really. It has been rebuilt twice (both by me) and the last time I had them build it correctly. All rockin internals. Still the 10 spline input shaft so we will see how long that lasts.

And +1000000000 for Bill and Ethan hookin us up. Great guys!!:twothumbsup::pinkthumb::twothumbsup:

ReaperAZ
07-06-07, 08:51 AM
What is expected delivery on that S/B?

ASUSMC
07-06-07, 08:53 AM
2 weeks only cause they had to get the rods. And thats only to be safe so less than that. Probably tear into my car this weekend so I can get the heads goin.

ReaperAZ
07-06-07, 08:56 AM
Wow, two weeks ain't so bad. Do they just ship it from CHP to your door?

4Jenna
07-06-07, 09:46 AM
Congrats!

ASUSMC
07-12-07, 02:27 AM
Thanks to everybody who has helped me so far but at this point I have come to a decision.

The car is going to get another stock low mileage motor and a more conservative tune. This is turning into a $6k project and I just don't have that kind of money to be spending. I am not abandoning the car, or the buildup. I am gonna keep the stock block (if its still good) and build it slowly as the money comes in. I just realize that if I do this it will stretch me to my limit. Not over but to my limit and with the additional power I realize more things are gonna break, aka tranny and rear end and that would put me far over my limit.

Once again thanks to everybody who has done any legwork, pm'd, or shown support to me for this but after 3 sleepless nights stressing over it I am still 21 (just turned June 30) and have plenty of time to build the car up.

ReaperAZ
07-12-07, 01:19 PM
I know how you feel man. I too am at the point where all the next mods will be a bit pricey. Doing a quick rundown of what I need adds up to around $9k. So I'll be taking my time building her up slowly as money permits.

AZSonicSnake
07-12-07, 07:49 PM
sounds like a good idea man. i can tell you, that with torque, you will break stuff. thats been my experience so far. thats why i have held back on going twin screw on my car, i can't afford all the other things that will break when i start launching it. so, ported it is. :)

Gene
07-12-07, 10:24 PM
did u still end up buying the sb?

ASUSMC
07-12-07, 11:55 PM
No not yet. I'm just lookin for another stocker, low mileage, longblock.

Ethan@S3M
07-13-07, 12:34 AM
did u still end up buying the sb?

You know you want one Gene.