PDA

View Full Version : Idea mezier electic water pump

Dan
12-04-05, 09:32 AM
im getting ready to install te mezier electric water pump Ill tell you what gains i see

Akuma
12-04-05, 08:13 PM
I heard bad things with those. One, being that the older ones leaked, but i guess they "fixed the problem".

Dan
12-04-05, 08:46 PM
this is a new one and yes they do leak if you dont use dialetric when installing it . Imagin that lube works wounders lol make one think what they use when having sex lol

Gene
12-05-05, 02:28 PM
I'd shy away from it if it were my car. I dont think it can flow enough in the high RPM's where we need it most.

Dan
12-08-05, 09:35 AM
the name said it all

Gene
12-08-05, 10:52 AM
the name said it all

did you install it?

Lucafu1
12-10-05, 01:59 AM
I have a Evans Water Pump. I like it. I did that along with a LFP radiator and 180* thermostat (with holes drilled). All I can say is it takes a long time for the needle to the reach half way mark.

Luis

mystifiedworm
12-12-05, 06:03 PM
Running a Meziere with a 160 tstat and larger rad. I did not see any numbers on the dyno from lets say back to back runs. But I think that it is worth it for a car that sees drag race time for staying consistent.

Chad

Dan
12-12-05, 06:44 PM
Ill post numbers they garentee 10-11 hp

Fosters
06-27-06, 02:06 AM
I have a meziere on my car. definately runs cooler in stop and go traffic. as for power, I didn't dyno it before and after, but should be worth a few ponies. the ones back in the day for pushrods were pretty bad on street cars, but the mod motor ones flow more than the stocker ever will especially at low rpms.

Dana
12-08-06, 08:22 PM
I have the Meziere pump on mine and it flows 55 gals per minute. That is a constant flow and not dependant on engine speed. This rate is also higher than the stock flow which is, I think, 40 gals per minute at full speed.
It does require some mods to the '03/'04 Cobra because of the cross brace between the heads, but it isn't too bad.
It has been on my car for about 3 years and is still working fine, although mine is not driven on a daily basis.

Attached is a link to some pics I posted of the install.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/reference-forum/meziere-electric-water-pump-mods-required-for-03-04-cobra-13589.html

From what I have seen and read, it is good for about 10 HP and provides additioinal cooling.
The only downside is the possibly shorter life span. Meziere figures about 3 years of constant use.

Dana