PDA

View Full Version : My first Dyno at Performance Solutions.

wickedcobra
08-17-07, 08:59 PM
I had my first dyno on my 03 Cobra today at Performance Solutions:pepper:
They were great and a great price. 3 pulls for $75. Results were a little lower that I thought I might have had but still not bad..........need
more:biglaugh: 449 RWHP and 439 ft pounds of torque. I thought it was interesting the car was going 144 mph in 4th gear.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3812/dyno03cobravx6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot with HP pst2600 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=HP+pst2600&make=HP) at 2007-08-17

Indy
08-17-07, 09:20 PM
Your cobra looked right at home on the dyno today. :highfive:

Don't be to disappointed, those numbers are about the norm for your mods this time of year.

El Jefe
08-20-07, 10:27 AM
Mods?

silver03cobra
08-20-07, 06:08 PM
what he said ^ mods???

Gene
08-20-07, 06:56 PM
Check ou thte bottom left of dyno graph:pinkthumb:

wickedcobra
08-21-07, 01:54 AM
Performance mods are:
-Bassani catback w/x pipe
-Air intake
-Stage 2 steig ported blower w/ Spacer
-2.73 upper pulley
-Sct tune

Others:
-bump steer
-recaro seats
-short shifter
-lowered on eibach sportlines
-18inch Cobra R w/ Nitto drag radails
-15 psi boost guage

Ive got some money to blow. So I want to add some more mods.

Defenately a Fluidyne Heat echanger
-Accufab TB and plenum
-MAF sensor
-lower pulley
-boosta pump
-new tune

What do you guys think?

Lucafu1
08-21-07, 10:31 PM
i didt know you have a 2.73 upper. those numbers are alittle low, thats unported numbers. hmm, maybe your car was heat soaked pretty good.

i would also go with a larger HE. I got mine from extreme back in the day, that are made by Ron Davis, its almost as big as the Gords unit. then there is the LFP and thats about the same size. the fluidyne is pretty small.

wickedcobra
08-21-07, 10:49 PM
I just spent a ass load of money today.

I will pick up a new accufab TB off craigslist tomorrow for 480 and its polished.

I ordered all this from Performance solutions.
-MAF 2600
-6# lower pulley kit and will change to a 3.0 upper
-kenne bell boosta pump
-new belt
-HID lights
-Eibach pro kit-changing from sportline and will install front coilovers and MM CC plates
-2 new Nitto drag radials
-fluidyne Heat exchanger
-new plugs

Will have it tuned as well.

Thats it for now. Next stop is new clutch and probably and kenne bell or whipple.

AZSonicSnake
08-21-07, 11:41 PM
sounds like some good stuff. i am doing most of that with my new ported setup. already have the bap in. just need to get the rest on and tuned.

btw- this time of year is not the best to see good whp numbers. but then again, i am sure devin already told you that...

wickedcobra
08-22-07, 01:49 AM
sounds like some good stuff. i am doing most of that with my new ported setup. already have the bap in. just need to get the rest on and tuned.

btw- this time of year is not the best to see good whp numbers. but then again, i am sure devin already told you that...

Yep, its gonna take me some time to install everything so maybe I will be done in about a month. Weather should be getting better then, I guess I will see. Hoping to get above 500hp or damn close.

AZSonicSnake
08-22-07, 09:28 AM
sounds about the same as my goals. and similar time frame too. sounds like we will be down there keeping devin busy with the tunin'. :woot1:

wickedcobra
08-22-07, 02:12 PM
sounds about the same as my goals. and similar time frame too. sounds like we will be down there keeping devin busy with the tunin'. :woot1:

This shit is addictive :drool5: I will be down there this Thurs getting the coilover.CC plates, new springs and new tires put on.

Gene
08-22-07, 02:39 PM
This shit is addictive :drool5: I will be down there this Thurs getting the coilover.CC plates, new springs and new tires put on.

What coilovers did you go with? I also would recommend you getting the 2800 maf because it sounds like you will be going bigger later.

BurnTire
08-22-07, 03:44 PM
What coilovers did you go with? I also would recommend you getting the 2800 maf because it sounds like you will be going bigger later.

SCT makes a 2600 and 3000 now.

2600 is enough unless he plans on going over 700 HP.

AZSonicSnake
08-22-07, 06:53 PM
yup yup. and the new sct maf's come in the really sweet metal housing...

wickedcobra
08-22-07, 09:41 PM
Going with GMS coilovers which I already had. Could alway install the front springs which I have as well. The MAF is a 2600

AZSonicSnake
08-22-07, 11:04 PM
some sct goodness.....now for my broke ass to get some money together for a tune...:twothumbsup:

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/533/sct2600_003.jpg

wickedcobra
08-23-07, 12:41 AM
some sct goodness.....now for my broke ass to get some money together for a tune...:twothumbsup:

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/533/sct2600_003.jpg

Nice, I like the blower. Trade YA:biglaugh: I just bought a polished Accufab TB and Plenum. Hoping to get a KB or Whipple one day so it will match. I think I need to chill on buying shit for a bit. I have had the car about a month and have dropped over 3k into it, and that doesnt count the ticket. If I end up missing Im sure the wife did it :laughing:

I am going to Firebird this Friday for the first time just to see what she does now before I add everything and to get some practice launching it.