PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Madness

5.0Stanger
08-18-07, 04:41 PM
Ok, who's going? It's supposed to be a big show. I'll be there, working on some video. They're supposed to have Funny Cars, bands, a car show, etc.

jtleng
08-18-07, 05:22 PM
:pepper:

Torchmach
08-19-07, 09:50 AM
Ok, who's going? It's supposed to be a big show. I'll be there, working on some video. They're supposed to have Funny Cars, bands, a car show, etc.

Sorry, Monsoon Madness will be on Hiatus for a couple years, but the CMC fall show is going to be a big one! Will be an All Ford Roundup Show out at Glendale Community College October 27, supporting a scholarship fund for deserving students at the GCC Ford Asset Program. There will be a Ford parts swap meet too! First one in 3-4 years, should be a good selection to browse thru, and a good demand for sellers! Check back for more info.

AZSonicSnake
08-19-07, 11:57 AM
me thinks he was refering to a car show/drag event out at speedworld last night. :twothumbsup:

5.0Stanger
08-19-07, 12:58 PM
Yes, Tony. I was referring to the event at Speedworld, last night. The one that I think Roland forgot to post here. That's probably why I posted it in the "Speedworld Raceway Park Events and Information" forum. <---sarcasm :doh:

It was a late night, last night. A friend of mine won the non-electronic class. I stayed long enough to take some video of the funny cars and a couple A/Fuel dragsters. I was glad that I didn't take the L out there to run.

HIKER
08-19-07, 01:23 PM
I'll be at GCC this year. I go every year for the swap...Best in the state.

AZSonicSnake
08-19-07, 02:52 PM
Yes, Tony. I was referring to the event at Speedworld, last night. The one that I think Roland forgot to post here. That's probably why I posted it in the "Speedworld Raceway Park Events and Information" forum. <---sarcasm :doh:

It was a late night, last night. A friend of mine won the non-electronic class. I stayed long enough to take some video of the funny cars and a couple A/Fuel dragsters. I was glad that I didn't take the L out there to run.

lol, i didn't even look at the section it was in...hahaha. i just knew about it threw the grapevine, and had planned on going, but funds ran short. i had the dough to get in, but not the needed money for the race gas that my tuner said i should run. and i am not gonna risk hurtin' the motor in my car.

4Jenna
08-19-07, 03:35 PM
I didnt get off untill 3:30am and the funny cars still had finals, when they said 1.5hr till finals (what they need between rounds) the owner sent a few of us home....boy was i ready!

When that 8sec Grand National caught on fire at 160mph around 2am I knew we were in for a extra long night.

5.0Stanger
08-19-07, 08:15 PM
I didnt get off untill 3:30am and the funny cars still had finals, when they said 1.5hr till finals (what they need between rounds) the owner sent a few of us home....boy was i ready!

When that 8sec Grand National caught on fire at 160mph around 2am I knew we were in for a extra long night.

Yeah, I was there 'til around 2:30am. I was there long enough to find out that one of the funny cars busted a valve and their last opponent was reinstated and managed to win their next round.

I didn't stay long enough to see that GN. Got a couple of good vids of that car. Damn, it's fast.