PDA

View Full Version : hello from Prescott!

4doorfoxy
08-18-07, 06:45 PM
Hey all, been lookin for a good mustang group around the area and ended up stumbling onto this site so here I am. I'm originally from south Texas but spend the majority of my time here in Prescott going to school so I figured I might as well get off my ass and find some stangers to hang out with.

I've been working on cars since I was 5 and grew up working on nothing but fords and loving mustangs. Got several projects back home sitting around since I spend all my time in AZ, including an '84 LTD (thus my screenname) '83 LTD, '89 Hatch, and '89 coupe. The '84 LTD was my first car and for those of you unfamiliar with it, it is the smaller version of the big boat of a car you're used to based on the fox chassis. Needless to say I've got a full mustang suspension under it, an 8.8 rearend, mustang turbine wheels, and a whole lot more planned for it. (Pretty fun little sleeper..... will be even more fun after the 5.0/5-speed transplant!)

Anyway, I've got a '91 GT Hatch that I actually just put a motor in 3 weeks ago right before making the 1200 mile trip out here. Kid I bought it from ran it through high water (during the insane rainfall we got in July) and sucked up a god awful amount of water into the poor motor. I bought a wrecked '88 GT conv for $850 and robbed the 49k mile engine outa that and stuffed it in the '91 after putting all new gaskets and replacing anything wrong I could find.... new clutch, pressure plate, etc... Less than a week after getting the motor in it made a 1200 mile trip and was smooth sailing the whole way. Aside from fixing a few more poor abused pieces of the car it runs damn well for something a 17 year old kid beat the crap out of.

I'm Jen, look forward to meeting some of you guys!:pinkthumb:
(pictures to follow as soon as I upload them)

fazm
08-18-07, 10:39 PM
welcome to the site

Indy
08-18-07, 11:49 PM
WELCOME:hi:

wickedcobra
08-19-07, 01:57 AM
Nice weather up there! Welcome. Got some family friends from Duey up there.

Torchmach
08-19-07, 09:34 AM
Welcome to HPS! There are some real Ford Fanatics in the Prescott area! A student at Embry Riddle who owns a '04 Screaming Yellow Mach, Someone I know through work, who lives out toward Skull Valley, has a '70 sportsroof, that He has stuffed a 427 Medium Riser into (Ear protection is a must!). Another who use to work for Micky Thompson in the late 60's, who has a warehouse full of Fords, and Ford motors that are unbelievable.

AZSonicSnake
08-19-07, 02:57 PM
welcome aboard!!! nothing like a girl that ain't afraid to get a dirty under the hood of a car. :twothumbsup:

BurnTire
08-19-07, 06:03 PM
Welcome.

4doorfoxy
08-24-07, 05:57 PM
Welcome to HPS! There are some real Ford Fanatics in the Prescott area! A student at Embry Riddle who owns a '04 Screaming Yellow Mach, Someone I know through work, who lives out toward Skull Valley, has a '70 sportsroof, that He has stuffed a 427 Medium Riser into (Ear protection is a must!). Another who use to work for Micky Thompson in the late 60's, who has a warehouse full of Fords, and Ford motors that are unbelievable.

Yeah actually the kid with the '04 Mach doesn't go here anymore, he went back home to PA...... and I'm actually the reason he got that car (long story) but I talked him into it instead of a Supra and then told him everything he ever wanted to know about it and then.... scared him in his own car :icon_cool:

Thanks to everyone for the welcome, here's a couple pics (and one of the wreck I stole the motor from):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/jcanfield/web.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/jcanfield/web2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/jcanfield/pic014.jpg

silver03cobra
08-24-07, 06:40 PM
:welcome:i have said it meny times females in fox bodys are the best!

:welcome4:

Lets see some more pic's of your ride.

Olivas
08-24-07, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the site, not many from the northern regions around here, wish there were more. I still have family and friends in the Prescott Valley area and am up there about once a month.

HanksGT
08-25-07, 01:39 AM
Welcome!!

You should make a trip to Phoenix one Sat nite (4th Sat is Mustang nite) to the Pavillions in Scottsdale.

Hey all, been lookin for a good mustang group around the area and ended up stumbling onto this site so here I am. I'm originally from south Texas but spend the majority of my time here in Prescott going to school so I figured I might as well get off my ass and find some stangers to hang out with.

I've been working on cars since I was 5 and grew up working on nothing but fords and loving mustangs. Got several projects back home sitting around since I spend all my time in AZ, including an '84 LTD (thus my screenname) '83 LTD, '89 Hatch, and '89 coupe. The '84 LTD was my first car and for those of you unfamiliar with it, it is the smaller version of the big boat of a car you're used to based on the fox chassis. Needless to say I've got a full mustang suspension under it, an 8.8 rearend, mustang turbine wheels, and a whole lot more planned for it. (Pretty fun little sleeper..... will be even more fun after the 5.0/5-speed transplant!)

Anyway, I've got a '91 GT Hatch that I actually just put a motor in 3 weeks ago right before making the 1200 mile trip out here. Kid I bought it from ran it through high water (during the insane rainfall we got in July) and sucked up a god awful amount of water into the poor motor. I bought a wrecked '88 GT conv for $850 and robbed the 49k mile engine outa that and stuffed it in the '91 after putting all new gaskets and replacing anything wrong I could find.... new clutch, pressure plate, etc... Less than a week after getting the motor in it made a 1200 mile trip and was smooth sailing the whole way. Aside from fixing a few more poor abused pieces of the car it runs damn well for something a 17 year old kid beat the crap out of.

I'm Jen, look forward to meeting some of you guys!:pinkthumb:
(pictures to follow as soon as I upload them)

4doorfoxy
08-25-07, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the site, not many from the northern regions around here, wish there were more. I still have family and friends in the Prescott Valley area and am up there about once a month.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen your blue Mach around a handful of times in the past few years. Those are so much fun to drive!

Jacostang
08-25-07, 12:12 PM
Welcome! I think we could have fixed that red Vert!!!!:biglaugh:

Chris B.
08-27-07, 08:20 AM
Welcome to the site!

AZSonicSnake
09-02-07, 12:30 PM
very cool to meet you this weekend!!!

btw- what a small world. :bounce:

azdude
09-02-07, 02:47 PM
Welcome...

that was one mashed up gt!

4doorfoxy
09-04-07, 01:32 PM
very cool to meet you this weekend!!!

btw- what a small world. :bounce:

Yeah imagine that huh.... definately had a good time, thanks for putting up with me lol