PDA

View Full Version : Need advise

kbldoc
08-30-07, 09:26 PM
Need some advice
I have two 2005 mustangs, 1 GT and 1 V6 vert.
they both are starting to have a whining sound under the hood that sounds like the power steering pump, when I open the hood and listen down by the power steering pump it dose not appear to be coming from there.
anybody else having this issue?
also I have the steeda under drive pulleys, CNL CAI and predator tune on the GT ,and the temperature gauge is not working?? The temperature gauge was intermittent until it finally quite working all together. Any ideas??
will I have to remove all them before I take it to the dealer.
any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Casey39er
08-30-07, 10:07 PM
I took my 2005 GT to the dealer a few times for minor concerns after I had my CAI, tune, UDP's, Eibach springs, and the rear end gears shanged out, I had no problems with turning it in for warranty work because the items that I had issues with had nothing to do with the modifications I made to my car.

I have heard all kinds if horror stories about people that had bolt on mods and how their dealer's service department would not service their vehicle because of it. I say "find another dealer" Any reputable dealer that wants your business will honor the manufacturers warranty as long as your mod's are not directly responsible for the issue you are having

Good Luck..

fazm
08-30-07, 10:11 PM
when my alternator went out, the dealer called me and said "you know you have headers, intake, exhaust, driveshat (etc etc) aftermarket on your car?" and i said "yes, but what does that have to do with an alternator". they fixed it at no charge (earnhardt ford)

AZSonicSnake
08-30-07, 10:39 PM
yea, i would most definetly avoid earnhardt when it comes to waranty stuff.

Jacostang
08-31-07, 12:21 PM
yea, i would most definetly avoid earnhardt when it comes to waranty stuff.
+2 3 4 5 6 on that!!!!

Torchmach
08-31-07, 04:41 PM
+2 3 4 5 6 on that!!!!

NOW! NOW! NOW! Dave!

They paid a good chunk of money for the Club newsletters, T-Shirts, and Trophys. Funny thing is that came out of Earnhardts pocket, they get reimburst from Ford on warranty work.

The first thing to do is find a service rep who is sympathetic to Mustang ownership, They can help with advice. Unfortunatly it is the service manager that has the final call on what doe's and doesn't get warrantied.

kbldoc
08-31-07, 06:22 PM
Thank You for all the feedback
how is berge ford in mesa to deal with?